• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

buttzilla

Sep 9, 2020
Not gonna lie, Gargos isn't the most exciting character to watch. Kinda wish it was any other character than him in the finals.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie, Gargos isn't the most exciting character to watch. Kinda wish it was any other character than him in the finals.
Yeah he's a Lame (as in playstyle) character but he's one of the more entertaining types of Zoner's I've seen.

And he clearly needs it, when Hologram gets in he just DEVOURS Wheel's health.

Edit: SNATCHED FROM THE AIR

buttzilla

Sep 9, 2020
Yeah he's a Lame (as in playstyle) character but he's one of the more entertaining types of Zoner's I've seen.

And he clearly needs it, when Hologram gets in he just DEVOURS Wheel's health.

Edit: SNATCHED FROM THE AIR
That snatch was insane!
And yeah Gargos is the perfect Thunder counter, maybe it's just my bias against Gargos since I was a Thunder main ;)

Jabo

Oct 25, 2017
Came here to ask same. Wheels come out of losers bracket or something?
I don't like playing fighting Games but I love tourneys with good commentary.
Tournament is double elimination. You have to lose twice before you are eliminated from brackets. Hologram's first loss was to Wheels in grand finals.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
Because you need to lose twice to be eliminated from a double-elimination tournament, the person coming from Losers Finals needs to beat the person in the Winners Bracket twice.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Wait what is a reset? Basically a second try for Hologram?
Yes, Hologram won the Winner's bracket, so basically he didn't lose any set in the tournament, while Wheels did lose a set and came back from the loser's bracket, so Hologram gets a chance to lose a set.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
I was definitely holding out for Wheels but those matches were AMAZING regardless. Good damn showing from everyone!

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
What a fucking finale, good god.

Gotta get another one of these so we can see more of this at tournaments, c'mon MS

Oct 25, 2017
Hope KI2 happens soon. Having a fighter on Gamepass that regularly gets updates would be so nice. Have PC/Xbox cross play too.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Sajam's analysis is the best in the biz. Efficiently communicating not only what is happening but also why it's happening

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Just an amazing tournament, well done Max. That Grand Finals was so fucking insane, GG's to everyone involved.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Once again a fantastic tournament from Twitch Rivals and Max. Huge props to Sajam and ShinTristan, all 32 competitors (damn it, Wheels, you were so close!), and all the Twitch Rivals staff and production. Seriously, the two Twitch Rivals tourneys with Max have been amazing.

So, how about 3rd Strike for the third tourney?

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Once again a fantastic tournament from Twitch Rivals and Max. Huge props to Sajam and ShinTristan, all 32 competitors (damn it, Wheels, you were so close!), and all the Twitch Rivals staff and production. Seriously, the two Twitch Rivals tourneys with Max have been amazing.

If there's a third I'm thinking it's either MKX or 3rd strike

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil

I'm betting it's either 3rd Strike, CvS2 or Marvel 2 for the next one. Only bad thing about CvS2 and Marvel 2 is the lack of rollback which might make things difficult