• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

buttzilla

Sep 9, 2020
This game is so good, now I'm upset I dropped it after season 1.

Good to see my boy Thunder working it.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This sandwich analogy is a disaster. Who the hell layers meats and veggies like that...?

It's like something from one of the sandwich threads you get around here.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
This has been amazing. And I love we have seen TONS of different characters.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
God this game is so fucking good

I don't watch a lot of fighting game tournaments, but do most not have a lot of character variety? Do they mostly just have the same handful of fighters?

It depends. KI has a LOT of variety, no one character plays the same (save or like...shadow jago and jago but even then they're very different). In things like SF5 or GBVS, there's a lot of variety, but the archetypes are kind of samey, especially shotos.

It varies from game to game.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I don't watch a lot of fighting game tournaments, but do most not have a lot of character variety? Do they mostly just have the same handful of fighters?

I don't watch a lot either but I feel that sometimes there is like a S-tier list that you see way more and then a few people that specialize in a few characters. This time it feels the people playing are constantly changing what character they are using. No idea if that's normal or not but it has been dope.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
I don't watch a lot either but I feel that sometimes there is like a S-tier list that you see way more and then a few people that specialize in a few characters. This time it feels the people playing are constantly changing what character they are using. No idea if that's normal or not but it has been dope.

There are definitely "top tier" and "low tier" characters, but the community has been at it for so long that it almost doesn't matter anymore. Plus most players have a few characters in their pocket as well.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017

Ah I see what ya'll are saying.

Yeah in tournaments, there's a strong urge to follow the meta which yu means you see a LOT of a select few characters. This really has been unpredictable though, a lot of people are just using the characters they started with rather than the current meta and it seems to be working out for them.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This game is amazing and so much to watch. I yearn for a sequel. Mick G(spot in my ear)ordon should be back for that soundtrack.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit I had no idea Ali Edwards was the voice for Maya's theme. Its my favorite song in the OST!

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Usually fighting game tournaments dont have that much character variety because of balance. You often see just the top tier characters. Balance is hard to achieve in fighting games. KI is one of the most balanced out there. Basically every character is viable if you put the time. It's all thanks to the combo breaker system. The designer just went overboard with the characters gimmick and it did not matter because the breaking system is universal. KI is HYPE!!!

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
while i never got into this game i hope they bring it back even if just for the soundtrack

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
37K people watching. Man, I don't even play the game that much and I'm HYPED. What is the story behind MS dropping the game? Was Iron Galaxy done?

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I put all my points into wheels, lets gooooooooo

I mean.... wheels sucks. Never liked him. Never believed. LEts go hologram

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I've never watched competitive KI. This Holograms v Wheels match is.. crazy..CRAZY

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Actual third eye mindreading shit

🎶Touch me and I'll break your face🎶

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
oh just a break with the KI documentary then?

at least i get to watch the finals

Antifaith

Mar 2, 2018
Unfortunately, I didn't get to play this game too much, but damn, this is one of the most entertaining fighting games I've watched. Even if I don't really understand everything that's happening, lol.