• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saito

Oct 25, 2017
I am so glad this is happening. Microsoft really need to invest in a sequel. Perfect time for it.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Very cool, not just for KI but IMO fighting game buzz in general felt like it came to a dead stop because of the pandemic.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Let's gooo. I'm not big into fighting games (I think they are better played locally and with people your skill level) but the time I spent with KI was really good. Very beginner friendly game.

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
See also: ki.infil.net for some unbelievably comprehensive - and easy to comprehend - guides on basically every mechanic/character in the game. Best fighting game guide I've ever seen, by far.
Yeah, thanks. I randomly found that site by looking for the Prima guide, but it is sold out everywhere of course.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Don't forget this is tomorrow!

Also:

birdman-rubbing-hands-together-gif-10.gif

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
On the eve of the tournament, Max Dood will be playing some Classic/Modern KI for a bit:

The new Emotes are also in effect already.

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so hyped for this. Max keeps setting up the best Twitch Rivals tourneys.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
What do I need to know about killer instinct to enjoy this?

I don't know much about the old games but with KI (2013) the game has a crazy amount of very different characters. In terms of mechanics, it has a cool "combo-breaker" feature where if you figure out what the opponents combo is you break it, dealing damage. If you fail you get "stunned".
Very cool game, very metal. I feel most other stuff is classic fighting game mechanics, but I haven't played it that much.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
We are live!
Man, the KI music is so hype. What a shame we don't have a sequel or even some more work on it. Game deserves more love.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
That was awesome. I still remember me and one other friend calling KI happening that E3 and everyone else in our chat saying we were crazy. Then the beat starts and the hype rose. Imagining Double Helix of all devs would actually deliver on it was quite something. What an interesting series of events.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta agree with the commentary rn, I don't even play KI but I love Hisako's design.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna tune in even if i'm not particularily interested in KI, that said props to Max and everyone else involved for setting up these kind of tournaments. People need that sort of distraction and entertainment.

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
Microsoft should let Iron Galaxy make a season 3.

Edit: Or 4 which ever they're up to now.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my gosh this is crazy so far. Had to go through some of the tutorials to understand wtf is going on but MAN watching these players go at it is crazy fun!