• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jssom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
The streak is still unbroken.

Are there other teams who didn't lose too other than the Doc/Viss/Kraft?

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Being undefeated is great but it won't win the tournament. They aren't getting the kills that Chocotaco's team is which is why they aren't in first. Win's are basically just bonus points the real game is kills.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Being undefeated is great but it won't win the tournament. They aren't getting the kills that Chocotaco's team is which is why they aren't in first. Win's are basically just bonus points the real game is kills.

Yeah for sure. Stacking wins in a row should net extra points IMO. The way the rules are set up in this tournament mean that sometimes you're better off losing if you're not getting enough kills.

NitX

Lead Developer
Verified
Aug 20, 2018

Yup. I do feel wins are a little undervalued in the tournament though.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017

For sure. A win streak multiplier would give a huge incentive to stack wins and win at all cost.

Oct 28, 2017
there's no need of streak multiplier.

simply set 1 point for kill and x2 total points if win.

this will place on the same points the squad getting 20 kills from hot dropping and dying and the squad getting 10 kills and a win.

clearly better option, opens up to a more tactical and enjoyable viewing than simply having 8 teams running around like mad beasts on hunger

edit: and also level up the randomness of encounters

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
In addition to the racist mocking accents, Doc also defended Pewdiepie after his 'heated gaming moment'. Maybe the guy is just a piece of shit.

Shokunin

Oct 25, 2017
The city beautiful
In addition to the racist mocking accents, Doc also defended Pewdiepie after his 'heated gaming moment'. Maybe the guy is just a piece of shit.

Q: How does Twitch work?
A: Players livestream games to build a fanbase with the hope that one day fans will pay them to be racist.
https://entertainment.theonion.com/the-onion-s-guide-to-twitch-1828827542

All of the big streamers are pieces of shit. Easier to just come to that conclusion in advance. I watch JoshOG even though he's a scumbag. Spoiler:
I'm not the only one here.

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who is completely out of the loop with Twitch, is it not unusual for Ninja to not be even close to the top streamer for the game right now? Any time I've seen him stream he's had an unreal amount of viewers, but it looks like Shroud is holding the crown for this game right now. For reference I think I've only ever caught Ninja streaming Fortnite.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Been watching on Doc's stream and it is quite a performance. Such a shame that they're so behind in the standings. Consecutive wins definitely should give more than 5 points a pop

As someone who is completely out of the loop with Twitch, is it not unusual for Ninja to not be even close to the top streamer for the game right now? Any time I've seen him stream he's had an unreal amount of viewers, but it looks like Shroud is holding the crown for this game right now. For reference I think I've only ever caught Ninja streaming Fortnite.
I don't really think he's been on top for any of the Apex era so far

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
there's no need of streak multiplier.

simply set 1 point for kill and x2 total points if win.

this will place on the same points the squad getting 20 kills from hot dropping and dying and the squad getting 10 kills and a win.

clearly better option, opens up to a more tactical and enjoyable viewing than simply having 8 teams running around like mad beasts on hunger

edit: and also level up the randomness of encounters
Agree. The way the games are set up don't even make sense in the first place but this would have been better. Playing against randoms not knowing the skill levels of each of them means that streaks would be the worst way to go. This would make more sense. The discrepancies between the amount of kills shows that some teams are having to go through far more to actually win matches. A squad that wins but didn't kill as much shouldn't have the same type of scores as one who had to go through far more engagements to win but also still puts emphasis on winning at the same time.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I first heard of Ninja because he was one of the top streamers for PUBG when it first came out, so pretty unusual for the last 2 years, yeah.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Shrouds last game was mental. Guy literally john wicks into entire teams and gets them down. I'm not watching the other streams to compare but holy shit, it's almost not human.

Oct 28, 2017
Agree. The way the games are set up don't even make sense in the first place but this would have been better. Playing against randoms not knowing the skill levels of each of them means that streaks would be the worst way to go. This would make more sense. The discrepancies between the amount of kills shows that some teams are having to go through far more to actually win matches. A squad that wins but didn't kill as much shouldn't have the same type of scores as one who had to go through far more engagements to win but also still puts emphasis on winning at the same time.

yep

and the other problem I see, is that being time based (4h totals) it simply allow to back out from a bad luck game (you encounter no people while half the lobby is just dead after 5 minutes), launch another one and try again.

just simply set a fixed amount of games.

4h? average play time is 15 minutes say, just put a 18 total games limit, and count them.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
It seems like the Doc's team isn't getting all of the points they're earning. I've been actively watching the standings. Something doesn't add up.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I first heard of Ninja because he was one of the top streamers for PUBG when it first came out, so pretty unusual for the last 2 years, yeah.

Ninja got popular from h1z1 even though he was a long time and amazing Halo streamer. In season 2 of h1z one he was easily the best player and would average over 10,000 viewers (especially after he dropped a 38 kill game when almost no one else could hit 30). He was never king shit on twitch (lyric and summit were back then) but did well for himself. He dropped quite a few viewers when he switched to pubg averaging 5 to 6K (mainly because streamers like doc and shroud were blowing up at that point) and then absolutely blew up when he switched to fortnite before everyone else did

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Choco was just saying that if they get into a game before time is up they can finish it so while the endtime is 18 minutes if teams queue at the last second they get to play out that last match. He doesn't like that rule and I agree, could really get screwed over if you finish at like 2 after or something :/

Escaflow

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Well, I guess that's a good way to get a bunch of big streamers playing the game to hype it up. Can't say I'm morally okay with this but it is what it is....

Nothing wrong about this as all the big streamers are actually enjoying it . They join because they like it , not because they are paid to so