• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Watching Doc, and my first time checking out Apex at all. Damn this game is dynamic.

I can definitely see it eventually eating some of Fortnite's food if they support it correctly.

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Excusing Racism

TrumanBurbank

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
User Banned (permanent): Excusing Racism, Account in Junior Phase
Yep. Just looked it up. Would not call the guy a racist or and assole for that.

If we just throw the term around like that it will soon lose its meaning and its power.

These are tasteless and dumb jokes within his 80s persona. I wouldn't make them - he did - eh.
Save your breath. People are looking to "cancel" everyone these days.

The DOC character has made fun of every single type of person that exists. Idiots can't see that.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017

If we just throw the term around like that it will soon lose its meaning and its power.

These are tasteless and dumb jokes within his 80s persona. I wouldn't make them - he did - eh.

add to that: These are chinese players that come into NA servers and screams "fuck USA" etc and generally being extremely bad mannered so he's dishing back. Two wrongs doesn't make a right but that twitter post is very out of context.

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What about that time where he made fun of autistic kids together with Sodapoppin.

He is a fucking pos that should have been permad from twitch ages ago.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway

maverick261

Nov 1, 2017
Welcome to the strange world of "competitive" BR. Where pro teams face off against each other by fighting random players like you and me.
Yeah, for me this is really weird.
I don't think this is a mode of competition where you can say player a is better than player b. They should play directly versus each other.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Why do people dislike Dr. Disrespect? It's a character, not a person, and a great one at that. His transitions, graphics and quips are all unmatched. The dude's whole performance is making fun of himself by being an "ultra gamer".

He's like an 80's synthwave maniac WWE character. Pretty much the only channel worth watching on Twitch, most people are just bro gamers. Shroud is pretty cool though, and he'll probably win.

Edit: wait, am I missing something? Dr. Disrespect is racist for making fun of an accent? Or did he do something else?

Yeah I know it's a character, personally that whole persona just doesn't do anything for me though. Maybe I'm just getting too old for that shit but he's more obnoxious than anything really. Also I'm not really up to date on whatever controversies he's got going on so no real opinion on that.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, for me this is really weird.
I don't think this is a mode of competition where you can say player a is better than player b. They should play directly versus each other.
I'm sure they'll get to that once their esports team is up and running. This is probably the best they could do at such short notice.

[Sigma]

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
DrDisrespect's team getting wins but unfortunate for them, they can't compete on the kill count.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure they'll get to that once their esports team is up and running. This is probably the best they could do at such short notice.

Isn't this similar to how fortnite tournaments were handled though? Like I'm not sure of a better way and I get it, but it does seem weird to compete this way overall.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any where to check the standing? Why I don't like Pub Stomp tournaments, hard to follow and pretty much just the same as always.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't this similar to how fortnite tournaments were handled though? Like I'm not sure of a better way and I get it, but it does seem weird to compete this way overall.
I think EPIC have only done 1 official Pub Stomp tournament (because their servers couldn't handle all the people surviving to the end at the time), every other time it was on private servers with all the Pros in 1 game. There was "fan" events that were Pub Stomp based though.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
I think EPIC have only done 1 official Pub Stomp tournament (because their servers couldn't handle all the people surviving to the end at the time), every other time it was on private servers with all the Pros in 1 game. There was "fan" events that were Pub Stomp based though.[/Q

I didn't even know that, thank you. Definitely sounds better that way then, I look forward to apex doing something similar eventually.

... Messed that quote up, oopsies

Jssom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
What about that time where he made fun of autistic kids together with Sodapoppin.

He is a fucking pos that should have been permad from twitch ages ago.

Get the fuck outta here. I was there live when he did this. There was no " together with Sodapoppin" bullshit, he was streaming alone. He was making fun of Fortnite being a kids game and thats it.

ERA should really do something about posters here spreading false accusations. Several times they post clips of guys like Doc out of contest, people's reputation is on the line.

Tarkus

Oct 25, 2017
US
Viss is probably the best guy playing this game that streams. He puts up 15-20 bombs easily with randoms

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Skadoodle was incredible that match. Taking three himself near the revive saving the team and then the last kills.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
Ive been watching ska since he would scrim with some rookie cs team on twitch. I love that now he is on the biggest stream on twitch.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this going on live now? All I can find is "Starts 2/12 and 2/19 at 2 PM PST" but it doesn't say for how long.