• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
01_Twitch_Logo.0.jpg

3-twitch-is-rebranding-for-the-first-time.jpg
Stole this from Habbo Hotel lol

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The overall UI redesign is nice but the chat font is somewhat hard to read when you're modding.
Also the new Twitch Glitch looks still fine but the new Logo font looks kinda ... compressed?

Will be interesting to see how long they'll keep selling merch with the old logo on it.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The font in chat is borderline unreadable at times, the letter s in particular is ridiculously awful, but otherwise it looks nice. The use of simultaneously more muted and vibrant colors are a big improvement

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to get purple theme back? I actually prefer that color to black/white there.

Green Starman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm ok with most of this redesign, except for the new hue of purple they choose, it just too bright and it hurts to look at it.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it has it on Android's app too. I don't understand why the PC browser version doesn't have it. I have to use the streamlink twitch gui thing to get a audio only for background listening to podcasts or just streams where people play games while talking about interesting stuff (saving bandwidth stuff, which twitch does for phones because of data caps I bet, but they forget home internet has caps too for a lot of people).

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
The sidebar that shows who you follow still fucking sucks. Like the order has no rhyme or reason after you get passed who's live. Plus you still have to expand the bar, and then click "show more" to see all of who you follow. Why??? Just add the ability to scroll through it when you hover over it and remove the 2 unnecessary steps.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
They for sure had to update the video player as well, as it doesn't lag behind now or drop quality for me when you switch away from the tab then come back later. That was one of the worse changes they've made, hopefully it is permanently gone.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I made this comment on twitch.reddit.com
  • RGB 0,0,0 is not pleasing to look at in dark mode.
  • RGB 255,255,255 is not pleasing to look at in light mode.
Both are blinding.

Other than these new extremes in both themes, I think everything else is fine.

Gure

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Had to shrink my browser window - 10%. Everything was too big, especially the chat text. Needs a few tweaks but good overall.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I hate the super bright purple they use for everything now.