• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Just saw the announcement tweet.

The first round of games comes out next Tuesday :o

- Art of Fighting 2
- Blazing Star
- Fatal Fury Special
- The King of Fighters 2000
- The King of Fighters 2002
- Samurai Shodown II
- Pulstar

Are coming next week.

- Garou: Mark of the Wolves
- The King of Fighters 98
- King of the Monsters
- Metal Slug 2
- Sengoku 3
- The Last Blade 2

Are also confirmed as coming down the line.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
They already gave a few of those if I remember well. Fatal Fury Special, Samsho 2 and Metal Slug 2 and 3 for sure.

Edit: Just checked. In addition to those I mentioned they also gave away Pulstar, The Last Blade, Twinkle Star Sprites and Baseball Stars 2. So there are great new additions there.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Didn't they add rollback netcode to Garou? I'm tempted to buy it right now now that I remembered, actually :lol
They added rollback to Garou, Last Blade 2, Samurai Shodown V Special and KoF '97 Global Match.
BUT it's just for the Steam/GOG versions. You better make sure Twitch is giving out those versions first.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I have most of these already I think (if not from Twitch then through Steam/GOG bundles), but, hey, I'll take it.

Zaimokuza

May 14, 2020
I really don't understand why Twitch keeps giving out games. I get them because they're included with Amazon Prime but they're not advertised as part of the service and they have become worse with time: Twitch used to give out stuff like Pillars of Eternity and Broken Age, now it's all old, unknown or very niche titles. Furthermore, now that Epic Games gives out free games too, theirs just look like a generally worse offer. And they're not free but part of a subscription!

C-Drive

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't they add rollback netcode to Garou? I'm tempted to buy it right now now that I remembered, actually :lol
They added rollback to Garou, Last Blade 2, Samurai Shodown V Special and KoF '97 Global Match.
BUT it's just for the Steam/GOG versions. You better make sure Twitch is giving out those versions first.

Yeah these are probably the emulator + rom releases they've had around for years.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if you have amazon prime do you get twitch prime? i know they gave me a free sub to any channel but i'm not sure if it includes twitch prime.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
Once you have twitch Prime, you can claim them from the twitch website in the 'New Prime Loot' area, next to notifications. To play them, you install and launch them from the Twitch app on PC. Yes they are PC games.
ok, thanks. I have twitch Prime and have used it to get in game items for ps4 or a few months of switch online. But not for full games. So if I only have a mac then I cant play these?

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty compelling offer. If I didn't already have the vast majority of these on a combination of Switch and Steam, this would get me to finally use Twitch Prime. I've never gotten into the Twitch thing, may end up having to check it out eventually.

Agent X

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I got most of these games for PC through a Humble Bundle a few years ago, with the exception of The Last Blade 2 which apparently was not part of that package.

This is certainly a great batch of games, and anyone with even a passing interest in them should snap them up.

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
I've always been interested in the SNK library since Terry released in Smash, should be fun to try out!

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
always wanted to play mark of the wolves (though admittedly never made an effort)

coolio i'll finally have it. along with other SNK stuff but as others said much of it's been given out already

speaking of which i should install and get down with fatal fury special. loved the shit out it back in the day

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
Yeah these are some old emu + rom versions, no controller support, set key binds, ugh.
I'm going to have to set this up with another emulator, hopefully it isn't too hard.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I just saw this on Twitch, omg, the nostalgia. This is awesome.

Yeah these are some old emu + rom versions, no controller support, set key binds, ugh.
I'm going to have to set this up with another emulator, hopefully it isn't too hard.

Use a game profiler like Steam Input, xpadder, reWASD, or Pinnacle? I'm going to test it but I'm sure I can get it mapped to controllers.

Works.

Last edited:

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
I just saw this on Twitch, omg, the nostalgia. This is awesome.

Use a game profiler like Steam Input, xpadder, reWASD, or Pinnacle? I'm going to test it but I'm sure I can get it mapped to controllers.

Works.

Yeah I have been using a steam controller since day 1, but even so, I shouldn't have to do that for something so basic. Hopefully these don't later break under a steam launcher.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada

You sure there is no controller support? I have been playing the other free games they released a while back and they all supported my Xbox one controller.