• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
theres a fix for it already; just purge all caches and update in the ublock options

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't seem to impact me, atleast not yet. Using NoScript as well though, so might be i'm blocking the script responsible for this.

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure they'll find a way around this. I don't watch Twitch except for Giantbomb stuff so it doesn't affect me much.

hydruxo

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
I use ublock and it still lets me set it to 1080p

Edit: Nevermind, just saw they fixed it

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, make adverts more annoying that historically has always worked.

Dumb motherfuckers.

Sargerus

ā–² Legend ā–²
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Huh...so that's why the VODs i was watching earlier this week just randomly kept changing quality to 480p

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Forcing people to have the highest quality would actually be the better annoyance there, haha.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Twitch is underestimating how much people hate ads ruining their experience and will happily trade that for not having their streams interrupted. It's fucking obvious because people will literally just pay money to not have ads

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, they're really not looking at how quickly shit like this gets fixed for Ublock users and realizing maybe they should just give up

FriendlyNPC

Oct 27, 2017
Twitch is underestimating how much people hate ads ruining their experience and will happily trade that for not having their streams interrupted. It's fucking obvious because people will literally just pay money to not have ads

Yeah, it's kinda absurd. I would literally rather stop watching twitch than being forced to watch their shitty ads. And I would take the subscription money that i spend on streamers with me. Is that what twitch wants here?

Luckily we still got ublock ā¤.

Neo_MG90

Apr 23, 2018
lol I just logged on Twitch and was like wtf is going on

Then I come here and see this thread. Right on time!

Man, I was just thinking today, when the big fighting game tournaments (and other genres as well) return, man, it will be a torture to watch with all these ads.

I just imagine this

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
If they don't want me to use Adblock, they shouldn't have taken away the Twitch Prime benefits and then forced me to watch 200 ads per stream. Fuck Twitch

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and foreverā„¢
Sep 24, 2019
For fuck's sake Twitch, these battles against people finding workarounds never end well.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I usually use 480p most of the time when I'm able to anyway.

Seriously Twitch can just fuck off. People will keep finding workarounds and I'm not going to stop using ublock so yeah