• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
While I can see why other streamers would be irritated, it makes complete sense to advertise Twitch's big New Years event to Twitch viewers as they are the most likely to watch it. I'm surprised their isn't more of an effort to essentially make live television on Twitch. I'd imagine there's a market there for high production value shows with sets and camera men.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
really wish someone else got all the shine

he was probably a bit shitty in the first place, but all that power/money/attention just goes straight to your head and exacerbates things.

replicantUK

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Wait, are people planning on bringing in the New Year by sitting watching Ninja play Fortnite?
I'd rather stab myself in the eyes. I'm no trending socialite, but come on.

As for the ads, kinda disrespectful towards their other streamers.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Well, he's already dropping n-bombs and ignoring women, so he's on the right track !
n-bombs? Really?
I know about his stupid agenda about not working with other women because there could be rumors about him cheating on his wife, but never heard of him dropping n-bombs.

How did that not "make the news" ? At least here?

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
pretty sure i've seen brands advertising their own events or streams on twitch while watching it before.

is this that big a deal seeing as it's a one-off?

i mean all advertising on twitch is hoping to at the very least divert attention if not actually take people away from twitch even.

This is Twitch running ads which tell twitch viewers "Don't support your favorite streamer on NYE - support Ninja!"

It's a dick move, especially since Ninja doesn't need the support.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
n-bombs? Really?
I know about his stupid agenda about not working with other women because there could be rumors about him cheating on his wife, but never heard of him dropping n-bombs.

How did that not "make the news" ? At least here?

He has worked with women since making that stupid statement so assume he has seen sense.

Not that it will matter here because he is hated anyway. His latest tweet about the advertising has been deleted because he's clearly realised it was stupid but online you can't take anything back you will be judged on that one thing people decide is worth judging you on.

The n bomb was him singing along with a song which he thought had the n word in it, I think that was the story anyway.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (1 month): History of antagonistic behavior and excusing racist behavior; accumulated infractions
He has worked with women since making that stupid statement so assume he has seen sense.

Not that it will matter here because he is hated anyway. His latest tweet about the advertising has been deleted because he's clearly realised it was stupid but online you can't take anything back you will be judged on that one thing people decide is worth judging you on.

The n bomb was him singing along with a song which he thought had the n word in it, I think that was the story anyway.

Oh right, I forgot that he used the N-word in rap song, makes it even more hilarious to hate him.

lwkmd

Oct 29, 2017
This is Twitch running ads which tell twitch viewers "Don't support your favorite streamer on NYE - support Ninja!"

It's a dick move, especially since Ninja doesn't need the support.
i semi see it from this pov but also think...it's twitch. it's their platform and they're creating a special show for a special occasion so why should they not promote it within their own platform?

ultimately the other streamers get paid for these ads on their channel and ultimately it's a one off show so not like they're asking them to sub or move or do anything bigger than that this special occasion....doesn't seem so bad

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did. If he never responded the thread would go pretty much exactly the same. It's all confirmation bias.

So your are assuming it would be confirmation bias even in this case the heat he got is deserved due to his own response?

I see confirmation bias, but not in the thread but in your misguided attempt of blaming the forum.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, a bunch of streamers wouldn't be happy if the most popular guy got ads on other's streams. Just think, Dr Disrespect wouldn't care if he was still top kid on Twitch and Twitch put ads of him on other streams.

Hating Ninja is a huge thing.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
As expected, Era is latching on really, really hard to that 'I don't play with women on stream because..." statement from months back, and using it to justify complete disdain for another person who makes a lot of money doing something they wish they could do. Damn.

I don't think Ninja is squeaky clean, but I really don't get this forum's obsession with hating on popular game streamers, or streamers in general. His response was daft, but your beef here should be with Twitch. I'm sure if any of those other streamers complaining, especially Dr Disrespect, were in the same situation then they'd relish the attention.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017

People defending this man in here.

But yeah this is 100% a conflict of interest and absolutely inappropriate regardless of what streamer is being advertised for.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017

But yeah this is 100% a conflict of interest and absolutely inappropriate regardless of what streamer is being advertised for.

What the hell lmao?

Btw i'll never understand why this guy became so famous. He is just good at Fortnite and stop... The stream market sure is strange.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

That clip is probably a poor example considering what the kid said.

As expected, Era is latching on really, really hard to that 'I don't play with women on stream because..." statement from months back, and using it to justify complete disdain for another person who makes a lot of money doing something they wish they could do. Damn.

I don't think Ninja is squeaky clean, but I really don't get this forum's obsession with hating on popular game streamers, or streamers in general. His response was daft, but your beef here should be with Twitch. I'm sure if any of those other streamers complaining, especially Dr Disrespect, were in the same situation then they'd relish the attention.
There are legit reasons to hate Ninja, but a lot of the hate he gets has nothing to do with those reasons.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Oh right, I forgot that he used the N-word in rap song, makes it even more hilarious to hate him.
I'm not sure if there's any bad intent here, but for the record, it's not OK for white people to say the n-word even when they're singing along with their favorite rappers. Apologizing for it and calling its opposition "hilarious" isn't really a cool thing to do.

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe a big event and it's news can bring people in.

I'm not a twitch watcher but I'm reading news about something that can potenaiily bring me in to eventually get onboard.

That said, I've seen clips of "Ninja" and I don't get the appeal in the slightest.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Ninja is a narcissist

I think he's much better than Dr Disrespect, for example. People like to hate mainly because he's successful.

All this other streamers complaining would give a hand to be in his situation, so they just complain out of spite.

It's just business, both for him and for Twitch

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, got angry at someone calling him a faggot. This is actually a perfect example of that bitch eating crackers stuff.

It's a child. He completely snapped, started yelling, at a child. He, an adult with tons of viewers, proceeds to insult the child. He even imitates the child's laugh. The child asks him why he's behaving like this, but he doesn't stop. Rather, he goes mental. He begins to bark like a dog, and finally asserts an authoritative tone in an attempt to establish dominance over the kid, telling him to shut up while he's talking.

If you think this behavior equals "getting annoyed", then I can only hope you don't ever get kids and don't ever get "annoyed" at them. I can only imagine what you think acceptable angry behaviour is.

Last edited:

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
It's a child. He completely snapped, started yelling, at something trivial said by a child. He, an adult with tons of viewers, proceeds to insult the child. He even imitates the child's laugh. The child asks him why he's behaving like this, but he doesn't stop. Rather, he goes mental. He begins to bark like a dog, and finally asserts an authoritative tone in an attempt to establish dominance over the kid, telling him to shut up while he's talking.

If you think this behavior equals "getting annoyed", then I can only hope you don't ever get kids and don't ever get "annoyed" at them.
I wouldn't call homophobia "something trivial".

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No, seriously not this. There are far worse people out there. I'm not interested in Fortnite or Ninja's stream, but I don't think he's a horrible person or anything, and certainly not the WORST person who could ever be in this position. Come on
What a ringing endorsement.
Lol this.

I wouldn't call homophobia "something trivial".
Neither is sexism

Last edited:

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
It's a child. He completely snapped, started yelling, at something trivial said by a child. He, an adult with tons of viewers, proceeds to insult the child. He even imitates the child's laugh. The child asks him why he's behaving like this, but he doesn't stop. Rather, he goes mental. He begins to bark like a dog, and finally asserts an authoritative tone in an attempt to establish dominance over the kid, telling him to shut up while he's talking.

If you think this behavior equals "getting annoyed", then I can only hope you don't ever get kids and don't ever get "annoyed" at them. I can only imagine what you think acceptable angry behaviour is.

I mean regardless of what he did, you think children yelling faggot online is trivial? Well, I guess the 'jew' and 'nigger' name calling that those same children do plenty of online too is also trivial.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Its their platform - they can promote whoever they want.
If you dont agree.....well there are other Streaming services out there.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
I mean regardless of what he did, you think children yelling faggot online is trivial? Well, I guess the 'jew' and 'nigger' name calling that those same children do plenty of online too is also trivial.

You're missing the bigger picture in favour of protecting an adult's behaviour towards a child. That's clearly not what I meant, and it's pretty disgusting that you're trying to victim-blame the child. It's irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make however, so I've edited my post. I do apologize for my unfortunate wording, I see your point.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
You're missing the bigger picture in favour of protecting an adult's behaviour towards a child. That's clearly not what I meant, and it's pretty disgusting that you're trying to victim-blame the child. It's irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make however, so I've edited my post. I do apologize for my unfortunate wording, I see your point.

I'm not victim blaming the child, steady on. Honing in specifically on your statement that what the child said was trivial, it isn't. Whether Ninja's response was correct or not, well I think you can make arguments for and against. He certainly should have better composure than he does in the video, and if I had to guess this was more about being insulted than it was about the homophobic nature of the slur. But the only person who knows for sure is Ninja at the end of the day.

Like I say, my beef is specifically with the wording. Over the years I've been noticing how kids, people in general will freely use words like 'jew', 'faggot', 'nigger' as slurs in online games. Tired of that shit, child or not.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
The more I hear about this kid the less I like him. Sounds more and more like a slimy little opportunistic piece of shit

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Its their platform - they can promote whoever they want.
If you dont agree.....well there are other Streaming services out there.
Better just accept everything Twitch decides without voicing your opinions and giving a different point of view.
The more I hear about this kid the less I like him. Sounds more and more like a slimy little opportunistic piece of shit

This 'kid' is 27 and talking about him like that doesn't make you much better.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not victim blaming the child, steady on. Honing in specifically on your statement that what the child said was trivial, it isn't. Whether Ninja's response was correct or not, well I think you can make arguments for and against. He certainly should have better composure than he does in the video, and if I had to guess this was more about being insulted than it was about the homophobic nature of the slur. But the only person who knows for sure is Ninja at the end of the day.

Like I say, my beef is specifically with the wording. Over the years I've been noticing how kids, people in general will freely use words like 'jew', 'faggot', 'nigger' as slurs in online games. Tired of that shit, child or not.

Fine, if you really want to keep this argument up.

The reason I called it trivial is because it's a word said by a child to an adult. I would have called it trivial no matter what the word was. No matter what words a child speaks, you can never, ever, ever reply to the child in this way. Children learn from the behaviour of adults. If a child says something wrong, something inappropriate, you will only make it worse by responding through yelling, name-calling, and cursing. You must respond to the child in a collected, educated manner. Show them what proper behaviour looks like. Make them understand that what they said was wrong. It's not biological, and it's not something the kids came up with themselves. Children learn by watching others.

This is parenting 101, and yes, it applies even if the child obviously isn't your own kid. I understand that you're upset with the behaviour of the child, but then surely you must understand why children behave like this to begin with? Do you understand how many millions of people watch Ninja and grow up to believe that this kind of behaviour is okay? So, I'm sorry, but you are victim-blaming. You're looking at the problem, not the solution.