• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Good. Replace it with Max.
541092902789709844.png

Oct 25, 2017
So did they ban gootecks himself from the platform?

I remember he was on one of those big twitch podcasts last year talking anti-vax nonsense.

OmniStrife

Dec 11, 2017
As someone who has a variant of the original one as an avy, I'm glad they removed that guy.
Also, the self nominations of "influencers" are kinda cringe. The next Pog should be found, as always, organically.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I honestly wish we could take notes on who - among the biggest streamers - didnt say a single word about yesterday's events. Make a list. And then talk about how many of those people shot their shot with AOC. Because, again, I'm utterly frustrated with Ninja and Jessica. Angry even.

This stuff isn't an escape. Twitch isn't an escape. You have six million plus followers on Twitter. Tell them Trump's platform is wrong. You literally have 50+ million in your bank with nothing to lose.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
Regarding Mike Ross, he isn't actually much better:

And toward the bottom of the first page here:
www.resetera.com

Mike Ross appears on Cross Counter TV w/ Gootecks and Slasher in "The Untitled Esports Show ep. 13"

If you're into fighting games or Cross Counter or Mike Ross at all this is a much watch. They cover what Mike Ross has been up to, Atika drama, Rick Fox drama, and OWL. They have very unique takes on race and outrage culture and I wonder what ERA has to think... anyway Mike + Gootecks are...

Last edited:

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I did not know any of this. I had followed his YouTube channel because of some Street Fighter videos around 7 years ago.

Unsubscribed.

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
Mike Ross has some probably not super kosher opinions on things, but that's probably also part of the reason he self-ejected from the scene. He felt he was having to play a role/persona to get by instead of himself, whatever that meant. I think he considers (considered?) Gootecks one of his only real friends, so I wouldn't be super shocked if Mike stood up for him in all this.

Deleted member 76797

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Regarding Mike Ross, he isn't actually much better:

And toward the bottom of the first page here:
www.resetera.com

Mike Ross appears on Cross Counter TV w/ Gootecks and Slasher in "The Untitled Esports Show ep. 13"

If you're into fighting games or Cross Counter or Mike Ross at all this is a much watch. They cover what Mike Ross has been up to, Atika drama, Rick Fox drama, and OWL. They have very unique takes on race and outrage culture and I wonder what ERA has to think... anyway Mike + Gootecks are...

many people on this very website thought the same thing ross did about etika

Jakten

Oct 25, 2017
Devil World, Toronto
Surprised it took this long. I was actually kind of surprised that pogchamp resurfaced as a meme recently because all I ever really knew about the emote was that the guy was a shit head. Though I admittedly didn't remember why.

jsatk

Jan 2, 2021
San Francisco, CA
You just didn't know what to look out for; it was always there. I bet you could go rewatch Excellent Adventures and notice a bunch of questionable stuff.
Maybe! But again, Excellent Adventures never delved into politics. So it's hard to know if it was always there and he was sending off "dog whistles" that I (and many other viewers) missed, or if he was — as other posters have mentioned — more recently radicalized.

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
I hadn't heard about that one, then yeah, I'm surprised TriHard hasn't been dropped, especially since he was banned for a while and it's still used in racist context.

The thing is, Trihex did apologize. And he's definitely learned from his mistake.

Streamer Trihex Apologizes For Homophobic Slur After Twitch Suspends His Channel [UPDATE]

That the Trihard emote is being used by racist assholes should not be on him, the racists are the one who should be banned. Don't put this on him, one of the few Black people represented through emotes on Twitch itself.

There's a great interview with him that was taken around the election, by another Twitch channel, Hyper RPG.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
The thing is, Trihex did apologize. And he's definitely learned from his mistake.

Streamer Trihex Apologizes For Homophobic Slur After Twitch Suspends His Channel [UPDATE]

That the Trihard emote is being used by racist assholes should not be on him, the racists are the one who should be banned. Don't put this on him, one of the few Black people represented through emotes on Twitch itself.

There's a great interview with him that was taken around the election, by another Twitch channel, Hyper RPG.

Fair enough, I honestly did not know much about TriHex, and I agree that the racist use of the emote is not on him, no matter what he did. I'm glad he apologized for it and seemed to mean it though.

Deleted member 1659

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen the emote being used outside of Twitch before. Just out of curiosity, who is the guy being depicted in the emoji?

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Always thought it was pretty shortsighted of Twitch to have so many emotes of actual people who could potentially damage their brand if they do anything stupid since their emotes are so synonymous with Twitch at this point. Sure enough, here we are. They should ditch all of those and get a graphic designer to create fictional ones not based on actual people.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA

This is actually a bigger deal, as a lot of channels use this, and there are more variations of gooteks emotes on there.

Last edited:

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020

Trihex didn't learn or mean shit. He grifted his audience days later with a completely insincere stream event hyping up his own ass, refused to donate any of his raised funds from the event to any organization and to be completely honest, having been around him personally at events, he acted entitled to anything he wanted and his language matched up with how he got banned.

He isn't calebhart levels of shit because he needs to be banned from every event and stream for his gamergate styled transphobic bullshit but Trihex sure uses the same playbook to grift (not to mention how buddy buddy he is and has always been with Caleb).

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
I think BTTV is much smaller than FFZ, FFZ has like 1Million users on Chrome. Most people use BTTV addon through FFZ, maybe FFZ will just remove it from their add ons.

Last edited:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Feel conflicted having had pogged invade my lexicon. Curse you egg.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I never understood how the extensions worked on Twitch. People who don't have them just see text?

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
Man whatever happened to Gootecks anyway? i used to be a fan of CrosscounterTV with him a Mike Ross a long time ago

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Twitch could just ban those words from being typed into chat I suppose, if they cared about stopping its use.

You can associate any word with the image on a per channel basis... for example I could upload a Pogchamp image to BTTV and use the keyword fireHawk12 when uploading then chose that to display on my channel when the word is typed

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
In that case, are there any rules on what extensions streamers can use while streaming?

I'd assume deliberately circumventing a banned emote should amount to some kind of rule violation, but I guess maybe not.