• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can only imagine him streaming the same two nights AOC did, getting a quarter of the viewers, and angrily muttering throughout the stream about how all her viewers are from China.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
3x

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't know that. That's even more reason to ban him there. The less visible his rhetoric is, the better.
It's even more important than Twitter in my opinion because it was used to radicalize youth. Twitter reaches the adults and is more dear to Trump but the youth are more important for our future.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Oh god, I do kinda want to see Trump stream fortnite for some reason...

I keep hearing he can't post on Twitter anymore also.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Oh god, I do kinda want to see Trump stream fortnite for some reason...

I keep hearing he can't post on Twitter anymore also.
Twitter is a temp ban for now. They said his next post that violates their TOS will be perma. Hopefully they change their mind before then and make it permanently.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
The ban was sustained today:

arstechnica.com

Twitch’s Trump ban sustained after leaving office

Video-streaming account launched in 2019, faced first suspension in 2020.

On Wednesday, an automated alert about Twitch account bans included a somewhat surprising account name: "@DonaldTrump." The surprise came because Twitch had already "indefinitely suspended" the former president's official Twitch channel on January 7, in the wake of his January 6 speech inciting a seditious riot—and a surge in Trump deplatforming as a result.

Following this Wednesday alert, Twitch confirmed to Ars Technica that this was no accident: Trump's account is indeed outright banned. Twitch continues to call the ban an "indefinite suspension," but it has not offered any timeline for its return or steps that its account holders (either Trump himself or any representatives) may take to reverse the decision. Wednesday's news lines up with a Tuesday claim by DW News reporter Dana Regev, who'd hinted to Twitch waiting until after President Biden's inauguration to make a firmer ruling on the previous ban.