• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 54320

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
If you're streaming these days, you're better off using ReStream to hit multiple audiences at once.

At least, that's what I use to do back when I did streaming everyday,

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bound to happen. When the platform already has it's top stars, people seek out other means to rise to the top and be recognized along side that brand.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
It's a 2% decline, and looking at the picture below, I think they'll be fine. Not nearly as dramatic as the title seems to imply lol.

YouTube-Live-versus-Twitch-on-Hours-Watched-Q1-2019-924x520.jpg

Oct 26, 2017
If you're a Twitch Partner that would be against the TOS (or the contract?) I think it's also the same if you're an Affiliate.
Do you automatically become an Affiliate at a certain point? I'm just wondering if you can try to grow your audiance with ReStream, and then once you get a solid base, you move to just Twitch as an Affiliate?

Jul 18, 2018
So....
That figure rose to 2,762 million by Q1 2019. However, the figure for Q2 shows that viewership has dropped to 2,706 million hours. Overall, this is only a 2% decrease in performance, so it's hardly a major blow to the platform.

Basically means nothing.

The average number of viewers per channel has actually increased by 9.47% (averaging 28.6 viewers per channel)

Meanwhile Youtube:
In fact, the platform still has the highest average viewer per channel figure, averaging 53 viewers per channel

All this shows is, Youtube has a lot less # of channels, so avg viewership will be a lot higher. So for engagement, yea you should just be pushing your channel on simultaneous streaming sites for more retention

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bound to happen. When the platform already has it's top stars, people seek out other means to rise to the top and be recognized along side that brand.
That's my thought as well. Why, if I was a new streamer, would I want to immediately start competing for viewers with Tim and Ninja and Summ1t, when I could go somewhere like YT Gaming and Mixer or apparently DLive (first I've heard of this) where competition is much lower and it's much easier to get exposure?

Twitch will be totally fine and will certainly be the top place for a long while. Other services getting better only creates competition for the platforms which will be a win for users (usually lol).

Deleted member 54320

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
London
Do you automatically become an Affiliate at a certain point? I'm just wondering if you can try to grow your audiance with ReStream, and then once you get a solid base, you move to just Twitch as an Affiliate?
The more you stream on Twitch, gain an audience and so on, you'll eventually get the chance to become an affiliate.

I was using ReStream for a long while and then Twitch said I was allowed to become an affiliate. It's lost its importance to me now that I no longer stream everyday, so I think I might drop the program and go back to using ReStream.

But yeah. A lot of people make the transition over time (if the audience is there).

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
If you're streaming these days, you're better off using ReStream to hit multiple audiences at once.
Depends on your goal, what you want to achieve as a streamer. If you want to be an Affiliate or Partner on Twitch for example, you cannot stream on multiple platforms at the same time, it's against Twitch's rules and TOS. Furthermore, you have to wait at least 24 hours before uploading your past stream to another platform.

On the other hand, if one does not give a damn about being an Affiliate or Partner, then yes, they are free to use Restream.io as much as they like.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
You get the ability to sign up to be one (just providing information). I don't recall seeing anything about content needing to be exclusive to Twitch though. I could have forgotten by now/things have changed though.

Anyways, I think the Twitch platform/viewer experience is M U C H nicer than YouTubes, and the decline here is so minimal that I wouldn't even worry about it. It'll only take one really big up and coming streamer again to boost those numbers back up/gain more growth.

Zonal Hertz

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
The idea of anything getting close to twitch in the gamestreaming field is absolute madness to me. Can't see it happening unless the form is revolutionised by a competitor into something that essentially is not what we know as game streams.

Oct 26, 2017
That's a 2% decline AND in summer lmao

Cyberpunk gameplay reveal + Dota 2 TI9 + The Game Awards 2019 will boost numbers for the second half of the year.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
If someone else wants to make a thread based on this they can, but we have a rule against self-promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.