• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
With the way things are going I wouldn't be surprised if Twitch ended up replacing her. This has actually blown up quite a bit.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
This is getting ugly ... I'm curious how twitch is going to deal with this this week.

EYPCcaqX0AIltW_

EYNU_ODUYAEo4mF

EYPCcZYXsAAbNax
Twitch continues to display their lack of good judgment. There's no way this person should be allowed in this council if they want to give it any chance of succeeding.

This whole thing is a farce.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Ironic how much 'drama' has come out of the establishment of this council.
would have gone better if the streamers that were chosen were ones that are known and respected parts of the community like Cohh, no one has a problem with him because he has been at it for years, has gained the respect of the viewers and streamers etc.
replace this girl with pretty much anyone and its a major upgrade at the rate this is going.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Those tweets byLizzin whatever about Dyslexia aren't from the person thats on the council they are from a friend/mod different people all together. Lizzin is a Twitch Ambassador while Steph is on the Council two different people don't mix it up.

There are more and more clips popping up of FS in regards to this and she seems unhinged about it all. Like did they vet this her at all?

Power tripping:

clips.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Retraction:

clips.twitch.tv

Twitch

Get her out I'm sure there are more choices that are better than her. I feel sorry for Cohh he seems like he genuinely wants it to work but all the negativity coming out of it is because of one bad choice.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Those tweets byLizzin whatever about Dyslexia aren't from the person thats on the council they are from a friend/mod different people all together. Lizzin is a Twitch Ambassador while Steph is on the Council two different people don't mix it up.

There are more and more clips popping up of FS in regards to this and she seems unhinged about it all. Like did they vet this her at all?

Power tripping:

clips.twitch.tv

Twitch

Retraction:

clips.twitch.tv

Twitch

Get her out I'm sure there are more choices that are better than her. I feel sorry for Cohh he seems like he genuinely wants it to work but all the negativity coming out of it is because of one bad choice.
Saw this earlier. Just WTF is Twitch doing lol

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Retraction:

clips.twitch.tv

Twitch

"I may have more (power) later"
yeah how about N OMEGALUL

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
Having anyone who relies on Twitch to pay their bills should have nothing to do with this council.

People like Devin Nash, who make their money in the streaming industry but have no stake in agreeing with Twitch, should be on it.I know he said he was approached and didn't make the final selection.

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Having anyone who relies on Twitch to pay their bills should have nothing to do with this council.

People like Devin Nash, who make their money in the streaming industry but have no stake in agreeing with Twitch, should be on it.I know he said he was approached and didn't make the final selection.
I bet there were a few twitch people who were asked and said NO WAY

Cohh is almost too good of a person and him being there is exactly as they said so they wont power trip

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019

How in the world Devin Nash was approached and was left for this person is honestly like...just how

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Feeling bad for Cohh right now. Been watching him for years and he's a nice bloke with a great community and genuinely wants things to change for the better then these are the people he's in this with, and they are already screwing it up before its even started.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (1 week): Inflammatory commentary
I've never seen a thing self destruct this quickly
Shitty people melt down when a light shines on them.
But I can't think any reason Twitch decided a relatively unknown trans stream should be the face of all trans folks on the council, wtf. Also, not vetting her.

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
Get rid of the council and just moderate your platform and don't play favourites. Is it that fucking hard? Twitch is trash.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am seeing nothing but toxicity and transphobia on twitter directed at a woman who is a lot like me for the crime of being transgender and a streamer. I love video games but fuck "gamers."
Some people harass her for being a transgender woman or identifying as a deer.

Other people disagree with the statements she made. And there are a lot of those people, for valid reasons.

Unfortunately, she sees both of these parties as the same entity, which makes her not a good fit for a position in that counsil, imo.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017

Power tripping:

clips.twitch.tv

Twitch

Retraction:

clips.twitch.tv

Twitch

???

The second clip in particular is... completely innocuous though. Seriously?

As usual, clips posted to LiveStreamFails are taken out of context. Maybe she should know better, in that ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING she says right now can be taken out of context and/or blown out of proportion, but nothing about what she has conveyed in those clips is wrong or objectionable.

She is dealing with trolls coming into her chat. She is responding to the controversy. Maybe she shouldn't. Let's move on.

Oct 25, 2017
???

As usual, clips posted to LiveStreamFails are taken out of context. Maybe she should know better, in that ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING she says right now can be taken out of context and/or blown out of proportion, but nothing about what she has conveyed in those clips is wrong or objectionable.

She is dealing with trolls coming into her chat. She is responding to the controversy. Maybe she shouldn't. Let's move on.
Streaming is bad when there's a target on your back. There's hundreds or thousands of hours of footage of you and people are combing through it right now.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How in the world Devin Nash was approached and was left for this person is honestly like...just how
I mean..Is Davin Nash a trans person? Theres your answer.

It honestly seems like Twitch wanted someone in the counsil who represents trans people for diversitys sake and just randomly picked somebody who fit the role. That seems to have been their entire thought process.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017

Power tripping:

clips.twitch.tv

Twitch

Retraction:

clips.twitch.tv

Twitch

Hum this seems perfectly ok tough 🤔

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
???

Come on, in which context would the first clip not come across as absurd powertripping?

Obviously assholes will try to dig up shit and make her look bad, but honestly, she managed to do that by herself already. And Im not talking about her identifying as whatever she wants. Thats her business, not anyone elses.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
???

Did you watch it further? Nothing out of context there. The second clip is innocuous because its pretty clear she was told to calm the fuck down. She got given an oppertunity and acted like a fucking clown with 0 professionalism. This has nothing to do with her being a fucking deer (Which in itself is riduclous anyway) or any other side of things, it has clearly something to do with her being unable to maintain any self control, power tripping, throwing out threats, targeting and generalising groups of people.

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I really don't mean to sound ignorant, and apologies if this causes any offence but identifying as a woman, man, trans etc I've heard of, but identifying as a deer? What? Can someone enlighten me here.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
I mean..Is Davin Nash a trans person? Theres your answer.

It honestly seems like Twitch wanted someone in the counsil who represents trans people for diversitys sake and just randomly picked somebody who fit the role. That seems to have been their entire thought process.
i mean I get it but focusing on ticking boxes instead of getting a group of respected, smart and most importantly capable individuals whose interest is to better the platform is the problem here.
Its not like she is the only trans person on Twitch someone else who is trans could take the role and be better than this disaster.

It doesnt matter if the person is trans, gay, straight, white, asian, black, hispanic or whatever else as long as they are capable and smart, if they are known by the community and respected already thats even better its what makes Cohh such a great pick. if its 7 white straight guys but they fit all those boxes who the hell cares, I say that as someone who isnt even a white dude.
The biggest issue with twitch atm is honestly how stupid the rules are and how they are enforced, you would have to actually try to be as bad as they have shown to be.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i mean I get it but focusing on ticking boxes instead of getting a group of respected, smart and most importantly capable individuals whose interest is to better the platform is the problem here.
Its not like she is the only trans person on Twitch someone else who is trans could take the role and be better than this disaster.

It doesnt matter if the person is trans, gay, straight, white, asian, black, hispanic or whatever else as long as they are capable and smart, if they are known by the community and respected already thats even better its what makes Cohh such a great pick. if its 7 white straight guys but they fit all those boxes who the hell cares, I say that as someone who isnt even a white dude.
The biggest issue with twitch atm is honestly how stupid the rules are and how they are enforced, you would have to actually try to be as bad as they have shown to be.
Well yeah completely agree lol. As you said, there are plenty of trans people more fit for the position than her. Thats why I said it seems like they picked her at random. Too busy with trying to tick a box in their diversity initiative, rather than taking their time searching for the right fit.

Which...shouldnt have taken long to begin with.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Concern trolling on a sensitive topic
???

The second clip showcases a complete backtrack compared to the first clip where she displayed total power tripping.

You are clueless if you think someone as arrogant as her deserves to be on a 'Safety Advisory Council'.

Cohh should be the shining beacon example for the kind of attitude you should have when being on something like this. Steph has no place on it.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Well yeah completely agree lol. As you said, there are plenty of trans people more fit for the position than her. Thats why I said it seems like they picked her at random. Too busy with trying to tick a box in their diversity initiative, rather than taking their time searching for the right fit.

Which...shouldnt have taken long to begin with.
just waiting to see which pr hit Twitch decides to take.

Either removing her and replacing her with someone else which you will probably see them be called anti-trans or some shit unless they take the time to find someone in the trans community who capable of basic public communication which would be nice

or just shutting this whole shit down and it being just the thing we look back at the end of the year on Twitch Rewind lmao

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
just waiting to see which pr hit Twitch decides to take.

Either removing her and replacing her with someone else which you will probably see them be called anti-trans or some shit unless they take the time to find someone in the trans community who capable of basic public communication which would be nice

or just shutting this whole shit down and it being just the thing we look back at the end of the year on Twitch Rewind lmao
Lol. Well yeah its a lose lose situation for them.
They will definetly get a shitton of flak for "caving in to twitchs toxic parts of the community" if they remove her from the position... on the other hand, she is a walking PR nightmare, I doubt they'll stick with her.

Maybe immediately choosing and announcing someone else from the trans community would soften the blow a bit.

I feel for Cohh too. Dude really cares and doesnt deserve this shitshow.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
???

LFS for sure uses clips out of context, but if you ever doubt it you can always just access the full VOD by hitting the large "watch full video" button that is on the clip itself. She was goin on a full power trip and in the second clip is now (kind of) trying to walk it back nothing more to say other than no one like that should be in that
type of position. who knows maybe the only reason she grouped the majority of the website and called them white supremecists is because of all the attention she has managed to giver herself and she is actually a cool person otherwise but regardless no one that can be broken to the point of saying things like we should be scared of her because she has all this power and twitch wont touch her etc should be a public facing figure on something like this whole council thing

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Lol. Well yeah its a lose lose situation for them.
They will definetly get a shitton of flak for "caving in to twitchs toxic parts of the community" if they remove her from the position... on the other hand, she is a walking PR nightmare, I doubt they'll stick with her.

I feel for Cohh too. Dude really cares and doesnt deserve this shitshow.
yea first thing I saw was that Cohh was on it, had a small glimmer of hope that it would maybe just maybe lead to the smallest of positive changes. regardless if the council does change people its just gonna keep being the laughing stock it is now tbh, they whole thing needs changing, and for the love of god leave the council name to fucking Star Wars. Making em sound like the jedi council lmao

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
yea first thing I saw was that Cohh was on it, had a small glimmer of hope that it would maybe just maybe lead to the smallest of positive changes. regardless if the council does change people its just gonna keep being the laughing stock it is now tbh, they whole thing needs changing, and for the love of god leave the council name to fucking Star Wars. Making em sound like the jedi council lmao
Not gonna lie, first timeI heard that title my mind was immediately going "are we talking about intergalactic trade routes and taxes next"

Oh well, lets see how this turns out. I also think it would be good for her own sake if this stops sooner rather than later. As much as I disagree with a lot of her nonsense, the entire toxic side of the internet is on her ass rn, she doesnt deserve that.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Not gonna lie, first timeI heard that title my mind was immediately going "are we talking about intergalactic trade routes and taxes next"

Oh well, lets see how this turns out. I also think it would be good for her own sake if this stops sooner rather than later. As much as I disagree with a lot of her nonsense, the entire toxic side of the internet is on her ass rn, she doesnt deserve that.
I agree the faster this shit is resolved the better it will be for her since she will to put it blunt be completely forgotten and everyone else in the larger twitch community can just move past this mess

airbagged_

Jan 21, 2019
Charleston, SC
The only thing I saw was a clip about "voice chat being an advantage" which very well could've been taken out of context but truly rubbed me the wrong way. Twitch should absolutely be taking action against harassment in voice chat, not pushing to remove it all together since there are people who need it for various reasons.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Wow this thing blew up fast. I figured it would just become irrelevant and forgotten about in a few months

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wanting to totally remove voice chat from video games is absolutely ridiculous. I don't care that she's trans or identifies a deer. That's not why I'm criticizing her. From the clips that I've seen she's completely and totally wrong about the voice chat argument. Keep in mind this comes from someone who in the past has been described as "having a black voice" and is not a white cis male. Her argument is just completely nonsensical. On top of that she doesn't seem to be responsible at all and just comes across as someone who's doesn't have the community's best interests at hearts.

Last edited: