• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twenty7kvn

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what's wrong with some of you people "In the grocery store" doesn't have a hard N going into a ig with a hard r at the end. In no way in hell she said in the grocery store, and the sentence doesn't have to make since at all which it doesn't, she said n***er store and that's it.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
I don't know what's wrong with some of you people "In the grocery store" doesn't have a hard N going into a ig with a hard r at the end. In no way in hell she said in the grocery store, and the sentence doesn't have to make since at all which it doesn't, she said n***er store and that's it.
Well now I'm convinced.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, where were you on page one? There was no need for this thread to bloat up to 27 pages if we had you around to figure it out for us.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
she said n***er store and that's it.

tenor.gif

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Really? Tell us without any doubt what she's saying in the last half of that sentence. And yeah, one version works linguistically. The other is incoherent nonsense.
"Ramune, in on some of the ethnic isle"

Is it phonetically perfect? No. Is it mumbled. Not really.

Now since you keep saying every word is mumbled, what did she mumble in the first half of the video?

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
"Ramune, in on some of the ethnic isle"

Is it phonetically perfect? No. Is it mumbled. Not really.

Now since you keep saying every word is mumbled, what did she mumble in the first half of the video?
Everything. It's a by product of her dental device that restricts her jaw from opening normally. And you got the sentence transcribed differently than others have, which is a direct result of her mumbling.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Everything. It's a by product of her dental device that restricts her jaw from opening normally. And you got the sentence transcribed differently than others have, which is a direct result of her mumbling.
Cmon Kitten, you cant be serious. The first half of the video she isnt mubling at all. Then she says "n***** store/inager store" and trails off a bit towards the end of the video.

She may have dental work but she isnt hard to understand. Her regular speech patterns are quite clear.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
All I'm saying is I hear people swallow the word "with" pretty regularly, and I've never heard anyone pronounce it like "gersh" before like ever

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
So not only is this topic huge on Era but it spilled into my real life today as it came up in conversation with a few friends who frequent Twitter. This led us all to listen to the clip like 50 times, and one of my friends wrote out the sentence on a whiteboard in which they came up with the word "inigcr". We stared at this sentence on the whiteboard and listened to that looped clip over and over again.

"Can we get some uh Pocky, on the ethnic aisle? I guess they have that "inigcr" store too now, Ramune on some ethnic aisle."

I'll be totally honest, at this point I can hear it both ways. I don't know if my mind melted or what but I'm sharing it because I keep seeing this topic at the top of the page. I immediately heard the hard R N word when this topic was first posted and was quick to judge. Now I'm just baffled by it all.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It took me like two days to see the blue dress both ways, I get the people who say IT HAS TO BE HARD R N****R, but they need to dial their venom way, way down. We're on the same side here.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017

Hard N is from In... you just wrote that man.

Hard hard is from GRR in grocery.

Say in the grocery store fast a bunch of times.. and you'll maybe start to understand it.

I think it's bias at this point from the OP. You are being told it's one thing.. and then are looking for the "grocery" part in place of the n-word.. when it's "in the grocery" you are looking for. You aren't looking for just grocery, you are listening for the whole thing.

It's literally what she said.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
I was convinced she said the bad thing, then I repeated the 1 or 2 seconds on its own without the rest of the sentence and it sounds like grocery to me now. 🤷‍♂️

I hear "in-eh-grosh-ray-store" real real fast.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Official Staff Communication
We feel that this thread has run its course. We will consider re-opening it if and when Amouranth or Twitch releases a statement.

EDIT: Apologies, we were unaware that Amouranth had already released a statement. If there are any new developments, we may unlock the thread. Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.