• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
You're really, really overthinking this.
Not really. We're never going to get a clear answer so this is basically just a linguistic thread now. Some folks seemed to be convinced that n-word store is a non sequitur that couldn't fit in the context of what she was saying and I'm just pointing out that its a phrase.

This will be Era's JFK. We'll never really know.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Grocery doesn't sound like the n-word but someone mumbling "inna grocery" is closer, which is what I think she's saying.

Can't hear it, for the life of me. People mishear the "Innagro" stuff for "N**** store" I guess? But for the life of me I just can't hear it, I don't hear the "cery" part like at all, not even as a small mumble. For me it's a clear cut "N***** store", I've repeated the clip for like, 20 times already, lol.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Can't hear it, for the life of me. People mishear the "Innagro" stuff for "N**** store" I guess? But for the life of me I just can't hear it, I don't hear the "cery" part like at all, not even as a small mumble. For me it's a clear cut "N***** store", I've repeated the clip for like, 20 times already, lol.

im pretty sure "cery" aint even there

its "grosstore"

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
It's been said multiple times that she does not enunciate the "ery" part of grocery. Why are you still looking for it?

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Hey, you're still bringing up page 3 talking points. I (respectuflly) disagree with your conclusion, but urge you to soak in the splendor and twists and turns of this thread and read the rest. It's been a trip.

Well I suppose that's fair. Regardless I hear what I hear, no matter how much I repeat the clip it still a clear cut N-word store for me.

im pretty sure "cery" aint even there

its "grosstore"

Huh.

It's been said multiple times that she does not enunciate the "ery" part of grocery. Why are you still looking for it?

I see. That's strange, but alright. Still can't hear it as grocery store or grosstore though, regardless.

While I am at it, let me ask: so what Addi said about in Twitter she claimed that she said bigger before is not true then?

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
People drop syllables from words all the time.

If what you're claiming about her is true, this is the actual first time in my 34 years of living on this planet that I've ever heard someone dropping the cery part from the grocery though when they're trying to say the word though, haha. The first time I've ever heard someone saying grocery store as "grosstore". I don't know, that's just really weird, but hey, I guess it's not an impossibility... more like, a statistical improbability?

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely know what I heard just there.

However, there will be no consequences whatsoever. Isn't saying things like that against TOS? Or does everyone get 1 pass?

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
What is the final consensus from internet detectives?

I'm leaning that she said what she just said but who says that shit anyway? Never heard someone say something like that

OP
OP
The Last Laugh

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
What is the final consensus from internet detectives?

I'm leaning that she said what she just said but who says that shit anyway? Never heard someone say something like that
I personally lean toward shitty person playing word games for attention and being fully aware of what they were doing. That is just my opinion

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
I personally lean toward shitty person playing word games for attention and being fully aware of what they were doing. That is just my opinion

Often the easiest explanation is the correct one. Occam's razor and all that.

Also, this is merely an assumption (man, right after I use Occam's razor, here I am talking about assumptions, hahah) and prejudice maybe and I guess maybe unfair from my part, but I think the type of person who could produce the kind of incident like the gym video one is exactly the kind of person who could say something like "N***** store" without blinking.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I hate to give caucasoids the benefit of the doubt, but..it really does sound like she slurred her words. She definitely said something that sounds straight up like "n*gger", but listening to it closely and using context clues it really doesn'tmake much sense. It sounds like "in thur" which definitely also sound like "n*gger" because she's saying it so fast.

So yeah.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017

Which clip are you listening too? Listen from where she's talking about pocky.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What in the fuck.

What is this thread?
source.gif

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
If what you're claiming about her is true, this is the actual first time in my 34 years of living on this planet that I've ever heard someone dropping the cery part from the grocery though when they're trying to say the word though, haha. The first time I've ever heard someone saying grocery store as "grosstore". I don't know, that's just really weird, but hey, I guess it's not an impossibility... more like, a statistical improbability?

It's not like this is how people pronounce it, she's just tired and mumbling. She also has braces behind her teeth which can make pronouncing things more difficult. She just smashes the words grocery store together to get grosstore.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
It's not like this is how people pronounce it, she's just tired and mumbling. She also has braces behind her teeth which can make pronouncing things more difficult. She just smashes the words grocery store together to get grosstore.

Like I said, I didn't say it was an impossibility. I just personally found it to be extremely highly unlikely, from what I heard. Well, that's my opinion after repeating the video so many times anyway, hahah.

Oct 25, 2017
I've listened to it a few times and only hear the slur, I mean it kind of sounds like "in-there store". That said, I'd be willing to believe she slurred /mummbled her speech because it just makes no sense in context.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Also, keep in mind she's talking about Pocky and Ramune.. in the line she's talking about Ramune. She mentions the ethnic aisle.. which would make no sense if she was saying n-word store as meaning an asian food store because they wouldn't have an ethnic aisle in a asian food store... and she's talking about a Japanese drink.

So if she's using the term to describe some random store, it doesn't even make any contextual sense to call it that, and call it the ethnic aisle.

Occams razor actually is that she didn't say what it sounds like at first.

Basically why we you refer to an asian store as the N-word store, and then mention the ethnic aisle multiple times.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Like I said, I didn't say it was an impossibility. I just personally found it to be extremely highly unlikely, from what I heard. Well, that's my opinion after repeating the video so many times anyway, hahah.

Why is it unlikely? Did you watch the video of the whole conversation she's having with her viewers? It makes perfect sense in context of the conversation.

Yeah the guy above me posted the longer one.

She talks about going to Chinatown to get Ramune , then asks if they can get some Pocky too while they're there which is a Japanese desert and then she said "well I guess they have that in the grocery store too now on some ethnic aisle". Like it all makes sense in the context of the conversation.

And if you don't think people slur their words together I present to you Sly Stallone:

At 11 seconds he says "who are any of you" but all comes out in a mush.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Official Staff Communication
Stop with the hostility. If you need to step away to cool off, do so. Otherwise we will moderate accordingly.

Greecian

Oct 27, 2017
Why is it unlikely? Did you watch the video of the whole conversation she's having with her viewers? It makes perfect sense in context of the conversation.

She talks about going to Chinatown to get Ramune , then asks if they can get some Pocky too while they're there which is a Japanese desert and then she said "well I guess they have that in the grocery store too now on some ethnic aisle". Like it all makes sense in the context of the conversation.

And if you don't think people slur their words together I present to you Sly Stallone:

Seriously, this is the most accurate description in my opinion.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Also, keep in mind she's talking about Pocky and Ramune.. in the line she's talking about Ramune. She mentions the ethnic aisle.. which would make no sense if she was saying n-word store as meaning an asian food store because they wouldn't have an ethnic aisle in a asian food store... and she's talking about a Japanese drink.

So if she's using the term to describe some random store, it doesn't even make any contextual sense to call it that, and call it the ethnic aisle.

Occams razor actually is that she didn't say what it sounds like at first.

Basically why we you refer to an asian store as the N-word store, and then mention the ethnic aisle multiple times.

I still hear N***** to be honest, but anyway, despite me hearing what I hear, maybe I made a mistake, perhaps, it's a possibility. I don't know, I guess I need to hear it a dozen more times, hahah.

Also, I still have not yet this answered: is the post from Addi before saying that in Twitter she claimed she said "bigger" is wrong? Or not? Because if it's true, it's strange how she would change her story later to "grocery" instead, and that's certainly a factor in considering whether she told the truth or not.

I quoted Addi several times but he/she still hasn't responded, lol.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
I still hear N***** to be honest, but anyway, despite me hearing what I hear, maybe I made a mistake, perhaps, it's a possibility. I don't know, I guess I need to hear it a dozen more times, hahah.

Also, I still have not yet this answered: is the post from Addi before saying that in Twitter she claimed she said "bigger" is wrong? Or not? Because if it's true, it's strange how she would change her story later on to grocery, and that's certainly a factor in considering whether she told the truth or not.

Honestly, I don't know.. didn't follow the Twitter stuff on this.

She thought people were calling her out about saying "ethnic aisle" to begin with.

Oct 28, 2017
As someone trained in phonetics to the extent I was expected to draw spectrographs of given words from memory, she's almost definitely saying a truncated form of 'grocery store'.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
She's going to end up with people threatening to rape and murder her even though it is extremely likely this happened because she was mumbling from dental work.

Hubologist

Nov 1, 2017
She was kicked out of a gym and said that they only did so because she was white. What do you think?
I had no idea. Wow if true. I mean, she was already a bit of an asshole in my mind, that just takes the cake.

That said, I really don't think she's intentionally dropping an n bomb in there. Makes zero sense given the context leading up to the drop, and I can't even make out much of what she says after. It's as though she's had a mini stroke and is just making noises out her mouth.

She's going to end up with people threatening to rape and murder her even though it is extremely likely this happened because she was mumbling from dental work.
To be fair, that probably isn't new to her given that she's an attractive and somewhat known female streamer.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish

Also, I still have not yet this answered: is the post from Addi before saying that in Twitter she claimed she said "bigger" is wrong? Or not? Because if it's true, it's strange how she would change her story later to "grocery" instead, and that's certainly a factor in considering whether she told the truth or not.

Her first tweet was that she was sorry she said "ethinic" because she thought that was what people were mad about. Then she tweeted "grocery" with a picture of her lingual braces (aka braces that go on the inside of your teeth against your tongue which can make you talk like you have a retainer in your mouth). The she tweeted "bigger store" but clarified that she was responding to another person on Twitter but accidentally replied just to herself and wasn't changing her story.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Her first tweet was that she was sorry she said "ethinic" because she thought that was what people were mad about. Then she tweeted "grocery" with a picture of her lingual braces (aka braces that go on the inside of your teeth against your tongue which can make you talk like you have a retainer in your mouth). The she tweeted "bigger store" but clarified that she was responding to another person on Twitter but accidentally replied just to herself and wasn't changing her story.

Ahh, I see, thank you for the confirmation of the whole thing.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
I had no idea. Wow if true. I mean, she was already a bit of an asshole in my mind, that just takes the cake.

That said, I really don't think she's intentionally dropping an n bomb in there. Makes zero sense given the context leading up to the drop, and I can't even make out much of what she says after. It's as though she's had a mini stroke and is just making noises out her mouth.

To be fair, that probably isn't new to her given that she's an attractive and somewhat known female streamer.

A large amount of "Gamers" despise female streamers like her on twitch. This isn't going to end well.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

She also says she streams 12 hours a day 7 days a week. Who can recall in great detail what they've said when they're just yammering on about inane stuff while brushing their hair for hours on end? She probably saw the clip, heard what we all heard -that it sounded like "n***** store"- said to herself "I was mumbling and definitely said... something else, but I don't remember," and then latched on to whatever people suggested on Twitter and convinced herself that was what she must have said.

If you told me I said "they've got Pocky at grocery stores, too," I'd believe it. And then if someone tells me "no no no, you said bigger stores, too," I'd probably say, "yeah, now I remember, I said bigger stores, not grocery stores."

Status
Not open for further replies.