• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I look fwd to Guy Beahm's apology about this.

He also took a Twitter dump on Kotaku reporter Nathan Grayson, which means he has now done the exact same thing as First Wave 'gators. Cool club to join, bro.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
It is both the boon and the bane of the situation where we are in that there isn't a gatekeeper in the way of success. In the old days the shitheels who become popular via streaming nowadays probably would have been weeded out by someone whose job it was to make sure a star wasn't obviously a shitheel. There's no one in the way now though. If you can get an audience, then you're a star. This has opened up stardom to a lot of people who wouldn't have had the opportunity before but it's also let a lot of trashbags like this guy slip through.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Right you can't leave jason's Clap backs out there to good 😂😂

Don't get me wrong dr. Disrespect went way over the line with his comment but Jason did start it by saying he was a toilet streamer. Just want to get both sides out there but like a million percent did dr disrespect go way to far with the tweet to all his fans...
Isn't that just stating a thing that happened?

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
Do some of you reason that all of television was a mistake because of Fox News?
Honestly despite watchin a good deal of twitch you cant really deny the most popular single people on the platform are loud assholes who are good at the game. People like XQC/Tyler1/DrDisrespect are sort of the face for this and they represent what most people see from twitch streamers. Less popular streams like TrumpSC or northernlion and may be high quality but thats not what represents what most people watch on the platforms.

Even professional streams like the overwatch league still have to deal with a cesspool kf twitch chat.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Wtf, that's not even clever. And I wouldn't have even known about Kotaku's article before this, but now I'm sure as hell gonna check it out.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Remember, pretending to be an asshole on the internet is the same thing as being an asshole on the internet.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Jason gonna get on the call with this idiot and give him the Liam Neeson speech from Taken except with Journalism instead of murder.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wild idea: can we stop with threads giving no context?

edit: re-read the sentence in the OP and I still don't get it. The context seems to be that there is no context.
All I know is that I've only heard that Dr. Disrespect was a piece of shit, and I like Schrieier.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah I have no idea what this guy is doing. Seems way keen to destroy his own career?

Let's not lump all Twitch celebs in one pot tho. DrLupo did raise close to a mil for charity. He couldn't have done that without leveraging his Twitch fame.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly despite watchin a good deal of twitch you cant really deny the most popular single people on the platform are loud assholes who are good at the game. People like XQC/Tyler1/DrDisrespect are sort of the face for this and they represent what most people see from twitch streamers. Less popular streams like TrumpSC or northernlion and may be high quality but thats not what represents what most people watch on the platforms.

Even professional streams like the overwatch league still have to deal with a cesspool kf twitch chat.
Yeah like of course there are good streamers but man I can name way more big streamers that are absolutely trash and those guys represent the platform. Like heck go look at every big streamer that hand wave pewdiepie saying the N word and Ninja doing the female streamer ban etc

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
This guy does not represent all twitch 'celebrities'. You can call Dr Disrespect out on his bullshit without lumping everyone else in OP.
I can guarantee you that 9 out of every 10 Twitch 'celebrities' would come to his aid if put to task. Anything to prevent any potential loss of their fan base (with the added bonus of potentially widening their fan base). These people stick together just like the Youtubers.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
I figured a guy calling himself 'Dr Disrespect' would have better burns than "This guy is losing his hair" and "This other guy wrote a slightly weak article about Angry Birds in 2009"

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Plenty of good folk on Twitch, but there are some that think a large following gives them carte blanche to act the twat.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Probably more people in video games know about Jason Schrierer than this guy.
That's gonna be a Yikes.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's not like the traditional celebrities are much better tbh. Perhaps we should just reflect on the idea that we shouldn't look to entertainers to be beacons of moral values

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of the clickbait title

but Disrespect acting like a fool isn't anything new

Status
Not open for further replies.