• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care who the fuck you are, you don't wish cancer on people.

Do people who think like this believe that others have jedi powers and can just cause diseases with sheer thought? Or is it with magical hexes? Or internet voodoo?

No amount of cancer wishing will give Parasitepie cancer. If a million people united hands and chanted for three days wishing cancer on Nonja, guess what the outcome would be? Yeah that's right. Nothing.

Which leaves this as a question of rudeness and propriety. Seeing as pissypie is a nazi and Sonja a misogynist who's ok with the nazi, i can't see why anyone should give a single shit about propriety.

Imagine wasting valuable brain power defending these pricks.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
so these idiots is why chat wasn't working? what a shitshow. Twitch should have purged their stream as soon as it caused server problems.

timrtabor123

Feb 11, 2019
Not gonna defend the Nazi enabling(fuck him for that). But I guess I can sorta see the logic in Ninja's no streaming with women thing from the propspective of it being a liability thing given how toxic the internet is towards women(or any marginalized groups). If say a women streamed with him and got stalked by some weirdo,harrased to the point of self harm,or some other tragic thing by some weirdo in Twitch chat it'd reflect poorly on his brand. Yes, this can technically happen with a male too but we have significantly less well known examples of it happening and thus it's less of a risk. I'm also not sold on the idea he (or any celebrity) has the ability to control/vet his or her fan's enough to guarantee it never happens (even with chat moderation) so going "I can't stream with women for sake of my livelihood and brand" is unfortunately an entirely fair pragmatic move for him to make even if it's a little selfish and denies women an ability to move up in the streaming world via collabs that are otherwise theoretically accessible to male counterparts. Hell its especially logical if he's had issues with negative externalities influicing things in the past (the false rumors of him cheating on wife). Keep in mind I'm largely going off second hand knowledge here as I don't have a strong base of knowledge to pull from regarding Fornite streaming culture or whatever.

SEVEN777

Banned
Apr 27, 2019
Frankfurt, Germany
Am I even allowed to say that I kinda enjoyed watching those guys play together in here? Serious question. Because just from a gameplay experience it was quite entertaining because Pewdiepie is so bad at this game and playing with one of the most aggressive Fortnite players was fun to watch. Just my opinion.

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw a few prominent streamers on Twitch have started "chat only" streams. Haven't watched them but I'm surprised an agent/associate isn't telling them to stop, there's no good outcome of trying to "chat with" thousands of people on stream.

Sarobi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I saw a few prominent streamers on Twitch have started "chat only" streams. Haven't watched them but I'm surprised an agent/associate isn't telling them to stop, there's no good outcome of trying to "chat with" thousands of people on stream.

A majority of the big streamers who stream in the Just Chatting section use it as a means of live vlogging, and rarely ever pay attention to those asking questions who aren't moderators or subs.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
D8J8myiWsAA48tu.jpg

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna defend the Nazi enabling(fuck him for that). But I guess I can sorta see the logic in Ninja's no streaming with women thing from the propspective of it being a liability thing given how toxic the internet is towards women(or any marginalized groups). If say a women streamed with him and got stalked by some weirdo,harrased to the point of self harm,or some other tragic thing by some weirdo in Twitch chat it'd reflect poorly on his brand. Yes, this can technically happen with a male too but we have significantly less well known examples of it happening and thus it's less of a risk. I'm also not sold on the idea he (or any celebrity) has the ability to control/vet his or her fan's enough to guarantee it never happens (even with chat moderation) so going "I can't stream with women for sake of my livelihood and brand" is unfortunately an entirely fair pragmatic move for him to make even if it's a little selfish and denies women an ability to move up in the streaming world via collabs that are otherwise theoretically accessible to male counterparts. Hell its especially logical if he's had issues with negative externalities influicing things in the past (the false rumors of him cheating on wife). Keep in mind I'm largely going off second hand knowledge here as I don't have a strong base of knowledge to pull from regarding Fornite streaming culture or whatever.
Or he could actively fight against male toxicity and not bend over backwards because he wants their money.

Thizzles

Banned
Feb 9, 2019
I get why people are upset about this. But I really don't understand why people are so up in arms that he doesn't stream with women. He gave a pretty good personal reason as to why.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I'm pretty sure he removed that rule some time ago, but his reasoning was never to protect the other streamers, but instead himself and his relationship. Says a lot that he is more worried about people gossiping whenever he streams with a woman that he is to be paired with someone as polemic as PDP, specially after the Christchurch mosque shootings.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I get why people are upset about this. But I really don't understand why people are so up in arms that he doesn't stream with women. He gave a pretty good personal reason as to why.
His reasoning was pathetic. He identified women in gaming are subjected to a toxic culture of abuse and constant speculation on their personal lives and decided the solution was to simply avoid all women for fear of getting caught in some of that abuse. Fantastic ambassador for gaming, what a guy.

Thizzles

Banned
Feb 9, 2019
His reasoning was pathetic. He identified women in gaming are subjected to a toxic culture of abuse and constant speculation on their personal lives and decided the solution was to simply avoid all women for fear of getting caught in some of that abuse. Fantastic ambassador for gaming, what a guy.
He doesn't have to be some sort of ambassador. People who put these guys on a pedestal and act like they need to abide by some made up rules that they set are just dumb. This is his job. Avoiding controversy helps him keep his job and make money.

Thizzles

Banned
Feb 9, 2019
User banned (Permanent): defending sexism, attacking the community with concern trolling + previous severe infractions
Wow...playing with females..

so controversial.
It's hilarious coming from era. Cause if he did stream either females and one made Anna causation against him you guys wouldn't even wait for facts before you blasted him and blacklisted him within 5 minutes. I'd avoid that shit too

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
They truly deserve each other. I look forward to seeing them floss together in front of a nonplused New York crowd.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
It's hilarious coming from era. Cause if he did stream either females and one made Anna causation against him you guys wouldn't even wait for facts before you blasted him and blacklisted him within 5 minutes. I'd avoid that shit too
What do you mean by that? Ninja never said he was afraid of being accused by women, so that's a pretty weird reason to defend his poor choice. That you are defending him at the same time you are saying people are too quick to take the word of women is pretty telling.

Also, "females".

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Why would Ninja even do this? He doesn't need to do this for clout or whatever. Everyone knows Pew is a racist and enables racists. Ninja has to be in some bubble to not be aware of this. Luckily I'm not a fan or I would be really pissed at this collab.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Really shows you Ninja's values.

Going out of this way to other and refuse to work with half the world's population through no fault of their own: "I'm avoiding controversy".

Going out of his way to collaborate with a noted racist and alt-right gateway figure who most recently was in the news because a mass murderer spouted his racist catchphrase: "Sure, I'm good with that."

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
the modern gamer is a lost cause as far as I'm concerned. Shame but it is what it is.

timrtabor123

Feb 11, 2019
Or he could actively fight against male toxicity and not bend over backwards because he wants their money.
Yes but I feel like saying "I'd do the selfless thing" is easy to for us say when speaking in hypotheticals. I doubt most people would act differently in his situation especially if they become accustomed to a certain lifestyle as these celebrities often do. Again I'd still say it's selfish and dumb but not necessarily sexist or 100% unjustifiable.