• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Can someone give me a quick overview about the shit Ninja has done?
I just barely know him because a friend showed me a few Apex videos.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I feel like you guys don't get that both of these dudes are mega popular with kids. Ofc this was going to break records.

When I read stuff like "losing my faith in humanity". Are you really going to use kids as your representative segment here lol?

It's 2019. I'm not sure why you'd be confused or anything. People love to express how disgusted they are with public figures, and often do it even when those figures are brought up in passing. Regardless of the topic at hand, and often without even considering it in their commentary. Nothing against that, of course, call garbage people out all day long if you want.

What records were broken, though?

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Nuts_and_Gum.png

The trouble with this is that nuts are good, and gum is good, they just don't work well together.

This is more like fresh dog shit and a naked, screaming man running directly at you in a Walmart parking lot teaming up.

Troast

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
People around here hate on facebook, google etc and rightly so but what about Twitch? Owned by Amazon who have plenty of problems but they always get a free pass?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Just wait to see how many viewers he gets with Ben Shapiro and David Duke.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
last weekend i spent some time with family, including my 6 year old nephew

he kept trying to insult me and his older cousins by saying "you don't have any Fortnite skins"

it was a weird thing, and it made me miss my Goosebumps Slammers I lost 10 years ago

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The hate for streamers is something else...
We are not allowed to talk anything bad about some dev but we can pile shit together on streamers?
You people really are not any better than Ninja or someone.

To clarify, im not defending pewdiepie.

Last edited:

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Slightly off-topic: Are certain people automatically banned from attempting to sign up for ResetEra if they haven't before, even if they meet the necessary credentials to create an account?
I don't see how, they'd have to be verified as that person first wouldn't they

i should make an alt account and call it Godd Coward

Deleted member 38361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2018
I feel like you guys don't get that both of these dudes are mega popular with kids. Ofc this was going to break records.

When I read stuff like "losing my faith in humanity". Are you really going to use kids as your representative segment here lol?

Yeah you laugh, but if I sat down and saw my child witnessing this knowing there will be those that will defend any kind of criticism of how successful guys of such still get "because they are so popular with children" I cannot co-sign that. Ever.. dude. As much of a hot take "losing my faith in humanity" can be, the point is that it really sucks that these people still can be so loved and respected. Until proven otherwise with your statement here, I feel YOU want to avoid the obvious as to why people distastes the fact that guys like Pewdiepie, Boogie, JonTron, ProJared as examples get this kind of exposure and success. So please stop with the BS to defend such. This is ResetEra, where mostly the gaming community will not tolerate or give people of such that are horrible representation of well... humanity in a respectful, maturely manner with KIDS making them popular in doing so.

Yes our kids deserve better role models.

Exactly.

Vipu

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (permanent): Excusing Bigotry and Inflammatory Community Generalizations Over Multiple Posts; Previous Severe Infractions Related to Bigotry

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
The hate for streamers is something else...
We are not allowed to talk anything bad about some dev but we can pile shit together on streamers?
You people really are not any better than Ninja or someone.

That's weird, because I can work with women without making a big weird stink about it and don't signal-boost shitty alt-right trojan horses.

I must be failing quite a bit in other areas.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017

Yeah you laugh, but if I sat down and saw my child witnessing this knowing there will be those that will defend any kind of criticism of how successful guys of such still get "because they are so popular with children" I cannot co-sign that. Ever.. dude. As much of a hot take "losing my faith in humanity" can be, the point is that it really sucks that these people still can be so loved and respected. Until proven otherwise with your statement here, I feel YOU want to avoid the obvious as to why people distastes the fact that guys like Pewdiepie, Boogie, JonTron, ProJared as examples get this kind of exposure and success. So please stop with the BS to defend such. This is ResetEra, the commute will not tolerate or give people of such that are horrible representation of well... humanity in a respectful, maturely manner with KIDS making them popular in doing so.

You misunderstand. PDP is very popular with kids and a terrible role model. Yes, you can be both. But, also accepting reality is not tolerating it. The fact is you need to face reality before you can do anything about it

The fact that PDP is still the most subbed YT and is now breaking a record with Ninja, another popular streamer teaming up and breaking record should not be a surprise, nor is it a condemnation on humanity.

It's like being surprised that Trump is popular even today.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
In my day my terrible child role models just hit each other with big spring-loaded hands, taunted bulls, and inserted toy cars in their anus while all their friends looked on and laughed.

Kids nowadays suck.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
last weekend i spent some time with family, including my 6 year old nephew

he kept trying to insult me and his older cousins by saying "you don't have any Fortnite skins"

it was a weird thing, and it made me miss my Goosebumps Slammers I lost 10 years ago
Fortnite-The-New-Weird-Pug-Costume-and-the-Other-Objects-of-May-26th-740x414.png

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
I know who he is, I have watched his videos a lot in the past.

Im not sure if Ninja have said something racist, maybe he have once? Cant remember.
I know the situation when he didnt want to stream with females.

Then you do know why people shit on them. (Hint: PDP supports/expresses racism)

And that it's false equivalence to say you're not allowed to shit on devs. (Which devs; what did they do?)