• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Its wild how much more traction this thread gets than say.. a thread about a popular male streamer doing racist caricatures gets eh? What could the possible motivation be I wonder.
Weird how threads about a woman pushing boundaries sexually gets 10x more posts than a thread about a twitch streamer being racist. Huh. How strange. Sure there's no reason for that though, right?
Crossing Eden took up like 3 pages of this thread arguing this same point lol, so that's one reason the thread is this long.

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
at some point youve kind of seen everything Amouranth has to offer on a non-18+ platform you know what I mean so respect for keeping it going for so long

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
It wouldn't be a new page if someone else didn't run into the thread claiming everyone in it hates women. Funneling children to an Only Fans account is what you're defending here as "pushing boundaries." Real brave on her part. A real trailblazer.
She won't do that because she's marketing her OF to everyone. But people still think it's cool because "Hey get that paper, girl."

This is why you look like you're hating on women because you jump to "think of the children" concern trolling and being so bothered by a woman making money. You absolutely don't seem the same concern on this level when there is so much bigotry on Twitch, people are not as bothered to bring up children.

May 14, 2021
This is why you look like you're hating on women because you jump to "think of the children" concern trolling and being so bothered by a woman making money. You absolutely don't seem the same concern on this level when there is so much bigotry on Twitch, people are not as bothered to bring up children.
A prerequisite for people whining about this thread should be to read the damn thread. Do the women we're actually supporting who use Twitch to make a living have a problem with Amouranth because they also hate women? Or do you think their legit complaints are just the product of jealousy?

Tya

Oct 30, 2017

Why would people bring up children when talking about bigotry on Twitch? It is almost universally agreed that Twitch moderation is terrible in general. Who is going to make the argument, "I'd be fine with the bigotry, but think of the children!?"

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Its wild how much more traction this thread gets than say.. a thread about a popular male streamer doing racist caricatures gets eh? What could the possible motivation be I wonder.
Weird how threads about a woman pushing boundaries sexually gets 10x more posts than a thread about a twitch streamer being racist. Huh. How strange. Sure there's no reason for that though, right?

I mean, that makes perfect sense? Some dude saying the N word or something is a pretty open and shut case of "fuck that guy", not much discussion to be had. When someone is pushing boundaries there's bound to be more debate around it as you get people who fall on different sides of the issue for different reasons, so the discussion is much more active.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, that makes perfect sense? Some dude saying the N word or something is a pretty open and shut case of "fuck that guy", not much discussion to be had. When someone is pushing boundaries there's bound to be more debate around it as you get people who fall on different sides of the issue for different reasons, so the discussion is much more active.

Bingo.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
I remember when it was Justin.tv and it was mostly used for pirated sport streams. *puts on slippers*

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Lets put aside "why is it a bigger thread on reset era" then and try "why is it always a bigger controversy on the internet at large". The same point stands, controversies like this get much more attention than controversies around male streamers for an extremely clear fucking reason, and its not because the internet thinks its such a more interesting nuanced discussion to have.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lets put aside "why is it a bigger thread on reset era" then and try "why is it always a bigger controversy on the internet at large". The same point stands, controversies like this get much more attention than controversies around male streamers for an extremely clear fucking reason, and its not because the internet thinks its such a more interesting nuanced discussion to have.
Or maybe this is a nuanced topic worthy of discussion in general while someone saying the N word is an obvious case of "Screw that guy. "?

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

Of course there's concern about bigotry and hate speech on Twitch. But you wont see people bring up that point because, at least here, it's admitted already that this is bad. In that case here, there's a discussion going on, people agreeing and disagreeing. The argument that "people cares here but don't care for the other stuff" is silly, since in one case, we're all agreeing while on the other, we don't.

Not every parts of the internet are the same though. Of course, in some circles, this kind of controversies gets more attention because some people have a hate boner and sees that as a revenge. Even worse, they don't even see the racism and hate speech as controversial.

May 14, 2021
If you had bothered to actually read this thread, you would have seen that it is a nuanced discussion, because we have a woman who admittedly doesn't care about Twitch outside of using it to drive Twitch users to her Only Fans account negatively affecting women on Twitch who do in fact want to make a living on Twitch. Not giving a damn about Amouranth but caring more about the women she and Twitch are negatively impacting is hardly a "you just hate women" situation. But again, you'd need to read the thread you're whining about to catch that nuance you desire.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Or maybe this is a nuanced topic worthy of discussion in general while someone saying the N word is an obvious case of "Screw that guy. "?

You're really going to assert that their is no sexist motivation at all behind the internet's obsession with any controversies over women streamers and complete handwaving of controversies against men who stream. That is the hill you're going for, that its all made up in my head?

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You're right, it's not because the internet thinks it's such an interesting nuanced discussion to have, even though as evidenced by these threads it is one. It's because the idea of people sitting in their living room splashing around in a kiddy pool and trying to fart into a microphone for paying viewers sounds, and is, ridiculous. If there were men doing stuff as crazy as that then people will be flocking to talk about it. Someone saying a slur is incredibly boring in comparison.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
You're right, it's not because the internet thinks it's such an interesting nuanced discussion to have, even though as evidenced by these threads it is one. It's because the idea of people sitting in their living room splashing around in a kiddy pool and trying to fart into a microphone for paying viewers sounds, and is, ridiculous. If there were men doing stuff as crazy as that then people will be flocking to talk about it. Someone saying a slur is incredibly boring in comparison.

The thing is that this has always been the case before things got real wild with Amouranth hot tub streams. Any thing a woman does on twitch is much more heavily dissected than men, and its been that way for YEARS, long before any of the current thread topic. It's a bigger trend than you are acting like.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin

This right here. The Internet's disgusting underbelly always shows itself when these controversies arise and the piece of garbage come out in full force for non-genuine reasons.

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
You sure do have some strong opinions despite being completely clueless.
It wouldn't be a new page if someone else didn't run into the thread claiming everyone in it hates women. Funneling children to an Only Fans account is what you're defending here as "pushing boundaries." Real brave on her part. A real trailblazer.
BOY, did that first comment age like milk...

Why would people bring up children when talking about bigotry on Twitch? It is almost universally agreed that Twitch moderation is terrible in general. Who is going to make the argument, "I'd be fine with the bigotry, but think of the children!?"
"Reinforcing toxic and destructive attitudes towards people because they're different in the minds of children has NOTHING to do with children! But letting them see how many fully adult horndogs will sit and watch a fully clothed woman lay on a bed or do a dance, THAT'S where I draw the line!!!"

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm digging Indiefoxx' stream today. She's a good entertainer but she should probably avoid pushing Twitch's boundaries again.

May 14, 2021
Marine habitat still the number one hot tub stream. I hope theyre getting donations.
I'm digging Indiefoxx' stream today. She's a good entertainer but she should probably avoid pushing Twitch's boundaries again.
Shes got a nice voice. She just sang a song about Twitch admins not communicating properly with her.

Last edited:

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
It's not though? If the biggest streamers moderated their chats better it would do more to help the overall tone of the site than just banning some women.

I do think that any streamer with any meaningful community should do their best to keep their communities from turning into shit, but the thing is this isn't just a twitch problem this is a "live chat" problem, cause it's not like actively moderated chats are perfect. Also, the "just banning some women" I really don't understand why some of you are trying to defend this or bringing up the sexism angle, like we can agree that twitch communities can be trash so let's allow shit that will make them much worse and possibly hurt the whole platform? And like I mentioned in my post you know damn well that if it were hot guys doing this crap twitch would've shut it down yesterday. Twitch has banned streamers for wearing clothes they didn't like, but these "streamers" who are clearly testing the limit of what they can get away with exploiting loopholes in the guidelines to make "content" that is clearly violates them and doesn't belong on the platform are apparently fine, because sexism? I think it's because money.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get the feeling a lot of people posting opinions in this thread don't actually use twitch, due to the amount of whataboutism I see around a supposed racist comments problem on the platform. It's not common to see racist outbursts from streamers. I've never personally seen it. There's certainly no racist meta.

Every channel I regularly watch would ban anyone in chat for saying racist things and none of them would dream of saying anything racist. It's not something I've encountered. I'm not saying it's never happened, since people are broadcasting live and anyone is allowed to broadcast, but it's not a normal thing with full time streamers by any stretch whatsoever.

Last edited:

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
User warned: hostility
The thing is that this has always been the case before things got real wild with Amouranth hot tub streams. Any thing a woman does on twitch is much more heavily dissected than men, and its been that way for YEARS, long before any of the current thread topic. It's a bigger trend than you are acting like.

Why does Amouranth not mark her stream as 18+ on twitch? Do you think she's an idiot who doesn't realize you can do that?

Your entire post is, frankly, idiotic. There is no male equivalent to Amouranth on twitch.

12ozbeehouse

May 16, 2018
Sheer weirdness aside, I'm honestly pretty impressed people like Amouranth keep finding new ways to do internet sexy things to get fan attention and donations. It's a hustle and she's good at it.

It's messed up that she's getting banned for it though. Twitch continues to want to have their cake and eat it too, and this stupid cat and mouse shit will continue until they make a solid decision on sexy content. Either make a spinoff site/section for this stuff that's not just the super specific hot tub channel, or ban it from your platform entirely if you don't want sexy content associated with your site.

Can't wait for when they choose banning "sexy" off the site and that just becomes Twitch over-policing women's bodies. There is 0% chance twitch can ban "sexy" stuff off their site without it becoming even more of a fucking nightmare for women who stream. The only people who will suffer that decision would be women. Make 18+ streams only available to people who verify their age.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for when they choose banning "sexy" off the site and that just becomes Twitch over-policing women's bodies. There is 0% chance twitch can ban "sexy" stuff off their site without it becoming even more of a fucking nightmare for women who stream. The only people who will suffer that decision would be women. Make 18+ streams only available to people who verify their age.

They dont need to ban "Sexy", they need to ban "Sexual" but before they can do that they need to figure out what they deem is considered sexual because right now they don't have a fucking clue, or they do but they are too afraid to act on it for fear of the PR Shit storm that will follow because they waited to long.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Why does Amouranth not mark her stream as 18+ on twitch? Do you think she's an idiot who doesn't realize you can do that?

Your entire post is, frankly, idiotic. There is no male equivalent to Amouranth on twitch.

A frankly wild response to someone calling out the long sexist history in the way the twitch community reacts to women doing significantly more mild things than the current topic.

Skyscourge

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2020
The problem with Twitch is that they are trying to have their cake and eat it too. They are allowing this kind of content on the site, but only allowing it for the big money makers. Many women streamers that have small audiences have been banned permanently for much less. When inevitably, their advertising partners throw a fit for the platform being non child friendly, Twitch will throw their hands up and say "my bad, we dont allow sexy content on our platform", throw everyone on their platform under the bus and go on with their day. Twitch and a select amount of streamers will have made their money, while everyone else suffers the consequences.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
"Meanwhile, their absence and the influx of streamers currently joining the ASMR channel has left Pools, Hot Tubs, and Beaches free to be ruled by the otters of the Marine Mammal Rescue channel, who are currently the category's most popular livestream."

🥰

I just had to reply to this again because I've pretty much had this stream going nonstop on my second screen throughout the past week and it's given me life, I swear to god.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I just had to reply to this again because I've pretty much had this stream going nonstop on my second screen throughout the past week and it's given me life, I swear to god.

I wanted to be mad at you for pushing this thread but then I saw the guy just swimming around while holding on to his toy and all is well in the world

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Indiefoxx was banned again just a week after she was unbanned for this and has now had her partnership revoked. She isn't even affiliate as of now.

This means she is either permabanned or her account in no longer monetized.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly if you purposely skin the line of being banned to create as much attention and eyes on you as possible the bans are justified. The whole im not actually touching you skirt by the rules a few streamers have been doing for awhile was too much, of course Twitch is garbage at laying out the rules and unjustly bans other streamers for nothing.