• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017

Twitch has announced new hateful conduct and harassment policies. changes include: -lewd or explicit comments about anyone's sexuality or physical appearance is prohibited. there is no exception for public figures -the confederate flag is now prohibited goes into effect Jan 22

below are the specific changes for harassment, sexual harassment, and hateful conduct, which also include rules against brigading another person's social media profiles off of Twitch, and the certain use of emotes

Eoz_4PfXUAExDlw

Eoz_8eiXMAEOkqy

Eoz__2WW8AQVLL1

from what i've been told you can still joke around/troll/trash talk as long as it doesn't cross into harassment. that includes being banned in chat, getting blocked, reported, or told to stop. i'm sure Twitch will find a way to screw this up anyway but this seems good to me

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
The vagueness of these rules and the fact that it's Twitch makes me laugh.

At least the flag one is easy to enforce.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
So when are they going to ban witwix for doxxing his accusers live on stream leading to his rabid troll shitboys attacking them on social media and on their own streams along with y'know, abusing them in the first place?

OP
OP
Lord Arcadio

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Here's the blog:
blog.twitch.tv

Introducing Our New Hateful Conduct & Harassment Policy

Updated 12/16/2020 Every day, millions of people come together on Twitch to share their passion and skill, support their favorite streamers, and connect with friends. Communities on Twitch are diverse and are growing rapidly, representing nearly every interest, background, and language around...

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
A part of me feels like this should be opt in. (for streamers, not commenters, that is).
On other hand, this seems like it'd help smaller people that can't have personal moderators enforcing it on individual basis.

This is about lewd comments, flag can go and burn, for all I care.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
It's not going to be a condition if it's not enforced, and their history has me skeptical. We shall see -- the fact that they're voicing it is good at the very least on its face but the devil will be in the details and the practical reality.

Shock32

Oct 27, 2017
Do people stream on twitch with the confederate flag hanging up in the background or something?

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of streamers that may as well be in OnlyFans about to get their entire audience banned
Eoz__2WW8AQVLL1

"if there is indiciation that it's unwelcome ... "

Nobody gets banned for complimenting a streamer that appreciates the compliments (or that simply tolerates them because they create revenue).
You get penalized for harassing a person who told you to stop harassing them...

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Eoz__2WW8AQVLL1

"if there is indiciation that it's unwelcome ... "

Nobody gets banned for complimenting a streamer that appreciates the compliments (or that simply tolerates them because they create revenue).
You get penalized for harassing a person who told you to stop harassing them...

Wel I need to learn how to read. It is opt in then. literaly 0 issues with the guidelines then

tobascodagama

Aug 21, 2020
Isn't Novorussiya part of Putin's whole justification for annexing parts of Ukraine? So there's definitely overlap with the Confederate flag crowd.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I somehow missed this yesterday, but I think the flag being banned is a great move. I also thought the other stuff was already in place, but it's good that they have made it very clear.