• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom: "Hey everyone. It's Street Fighter V."

"Now we have a guy with a head shaped like a V. This is in addition to a guy with a V on his face."

Dq3Eg97l.jpg
dcvcozy-796d38f7-68ca-4d52-8825-4f49bf8890cf.gif

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Capcom: "Hey everyone. It's Street Fighter V."

"Now we have a guy with a head shaped like a V. This is in addition to a guy with a V on his face."

Dq3Eg97l.jpg
Man, I still can't believe the character that was portrayed as a major antagonist in the lead up to launch was relegated to be a complete jobber that becomes irrelevant almost immediately. And they dropped the intelligent persona too. What a total misfire.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Man, I still can't believe the character that was portrayed as a major antagonist in the lead up to launch was relegated to be a complete jobber that becomes irrelevant almost immediately. And they dropped the intelligent persona too. What a total misfire.
No wonder Capcom pivoted to G as SFV's boss.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
No wonder Capcom pivoted to G as SFV's boss.
To be fair, Necalli was never intended to be a big boss -- notes in the various art books liken him to more of an Akuma-style character who suddenly appears as a trial/test of strength. Necalli is based on "the mysteries of the West," and Akuma is based on "the mysteries of the East." Necalli's dive kick is a reference to Akuma, and one of Akuma's concepts is based directly on Necalli.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I liked playing Necalli for a bit but he was just very one note. As a new character I didn't hate him but its hard to make a character seem intimidating when you have it get the shit beat out of it every time it shows up.

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, Necalli was never intended to be a big boss -- notes in the various art books liken him to more of an Akuma-style character who suddenly appears as a trial/test of strength. Necalli is based on "the mysteries of the West," and Akuma is based on "the mysteries of the East." Necalli's dive kick is a reference to Akuma, and one of Akuma's concepts is based directly on Necalli.
Necalli needed an "Akuma in SFII Turbo" moment.

streetfighter2-bison-stage-akuma-fight.gif

I don't think he ever got one like this? I dropped off SFV a while ago.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New Dan theme playing on the stream. Sounds funky as fuck.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
SFV's four base newcomers are actually all based on the classic SFII archetypes.
  • Rashid is a standard hero like Ryu and Ken who has a grudge against Shadaloo like Chun-Li and Guile
  • Laura is a grappler like Zangief who wants to promote her fighting style like E. Honda
  • F.A.N.G. is an unconventional weirdo like Dhalsim and Blanka and one of the Four Heavenly Kings of Shadaloo like Balrog, Vega, Sagat, and M. Bison
  • Necalli is a mysterious test of strength for Ryu like Akuma

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019
V-Shits legit looks fucking cool. Same high pitched noise/visual identity as a Parry from SF3, with much different utility. Defensive mechanics can be dope.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
That's Twelve though. There was only ever one Eleven and it was specifically stated that it was used on Nash.

Not that it matters anyway, they clearly don't care about keeping things consistent so they'll just say this was another Eleven copy or something.
I thought this too, but I went back through Urien's story after yesterday's announcement and there are actually a bunch of different Elevens.

VlNo3FO.png