• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My immediate thought is that they tried to do another Seth kind of finale (final character that takes from the whole roster) but it's like the Decapre version of that

Garble Slew

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
Not sure how to feel about this. On one hand I actually like Twelve's move set and character design. He just wasn't built to work well in a game like SF3. On the other hand I don't know if it would be a given that Eleven would play similar to Twelve and his design is pretty lame so it's hard to get excited atm.

I will say... keeping him a secret was a bad idea. No one will be actively hyped for this.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is a weird character to be so secretive about (and a weird character in general).

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Of ALL the characters in this pass, why was this the one kept secret lol.
Since this character pass was so last minute I bet they really didn't know who was gonna be that last character either because of scheduling through COVID or what budget would be left to make the character. I'm just assuming based that it could be a copy character that recycles already existing moves and animations.

MTR

Oct 27, 2017
Lame ending for a lame street fighter entry, consistently on brand. Can't wait for SF6.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Well that's...a thing.

Akira would've been a more pleasant surprise if she was released last.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
I don't follow SF or any of the FGC stuff so I saw that twitch screenshot and thought they named a character Moist Critical?!?! 😅

Maximilian

The Dood
Verified
Feb 19, 2019
tenor.gif

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
A bit strange that they kept this character a secret then, considering.

Should have just revealed him along with the rest of the roster.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Capcom shattered my expectations by picking the lamest character in Third Strike

Toasty

Oct 25, 2017
Sidewinder
A bit strange that they kept this character a secret then, considering.

Should have just revealed him along with the rest of the roster.
I think there might actually be something to capcom having been really early in the decision process for the final character so they decided to just say there'd be one more and leave the reveal for later.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Since this character pass was so last minute I bet they really didn't know who was gonna be that last character either because of scheduling through COVID or what budget would be left to make the character. I'm just assuming based that it could be a copy character that recycles already existing moves and animations.

Seth already does that.

This...should not have been the secret. Akira should have been the secret.

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
Well, the character design is not exactly amazing, but they did wonders with Seth moveset so maybe I can be optimist about it. I mean, Rose is in the game, whatever else comes from this pack is a bonus to me lol

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno why they kept this secret. Then again, they pulled the same bullshit with Decapre in USF4 so this is totally on brand

If nothing else, I guess Eleven is probably gonna animate really well (and probably have some copy gimmick like others have mentioned)

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I'm only giving them a chance with Eleven because Gill and Seth ended up being amazing, especially Seth, so we'll see if they pull some kind of shenanigans for this character too.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I think there might actually be something to capcom having been really early in the decision process for the final character so they decided to just say there'd be one more and leave the reveal for later.
Maybe, but they listed three costumes for the final character, indicating they were a male character (because Capcom can't fathom giving dudes swimsuits for some reason), so that also implies they had already decided who it was.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
How would that work if SFVI uses a different art style than SFV?

I meant movesets. Like, for example, Crimson Viper is in VI, and Eleven has some of the moves they have planned for her. Or just have moves that rep characters that didn't make it in the game if they don't want him to be used as a testbed, because SF has such a large roster that assures we'll never have a game where "everyone is here." I don't see Rufus ever coming back, so he'll be a perfect character to homage.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I'm dying. Everyone's expectations even the low ones were more interesting than what happened.

Time for asset reuse goopman

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I meant movesets. Like, for example, Crimson Viper is in VI, and Eleven has some of the moves they have planned for her. Or just have moves that rep characters that didn't make it in the game if they don't want him to be used as a testbed, because SF has such a large roster that assures we'll never have a game where "everyone is here." I don't see Rufus ever coming back, so he'll be a perfect character to homage.
I guess that depends on how compatible the SFVI animations are with the SFV rigs & engine.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
The icing on the cake will be them revealing that the new mechanic is an equally uninspired choice of new critical arts

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how close to Twelve they will be?

He was really awesome in 3. Very goofy but awesome looking. This guy being Eleven might mean he isn't as advanced so the potential shape shifting abilities are supposed to be worse technically.

Maybe a mix of Necro and Twelve?

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I liked Twelve, so I might like Eleven. I hope he zips and zooms in the air.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Of this was any other low expectations character you would of said the same thing
I wouldn't have. This is seemingly below the lowest expectations.

You don't know how low my expectations or even my desires are. I wanted cody's brother from final fight street wise.

This is , this hilarious in what it is.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
So I never played SFIII and so I don't really have any love or hate for Twelve, but the fanbase being seemingly sour on him would explain how it'd affect Eleven by proxy. And yeah, that V head is pretty dumb.

But.

It's clear that they wanted Seth to be a big finale with him stealing moves all the other fighters before him, and one of Twelve's supers was him briefly straight-up becoming a copy of the other player. So completely batshit theory, but maybe they've actually made Eleven straight-up copy opponents, as a way to take that initial finale, well, up to eleven.

tenor.gif

I'm fully expecting to be disappointed but it'd be amazingly hype if they actually pulled it off so gonna dream anyways.

Also anyone calling this "Decapre" is undermining what made Decapre so bad. It wasn't just her being knockoff Cammy, it was her being knockoff Cammy when we already had real Cammy. We already have the "Decapre" in the roster with Kage; at least Eleven would be different.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
So I never played SFIII and so I don't really have any love or hate for Twelve, but the fanbase being seemingly sour on him would explain how it'd affect Eleven by proxy. And yeah, that V head is pretty dumb.

But.

It's clear that they wanted Seth to be a big finale with him stealing moves all the other fighters before him, and one of Twelve's supers was him briefly straight-up becoming a copy of the other player. So completely batshit theory, but maybe they've actually made Eleven straight-up copy opponents, as a way to take that initial finale, well, up to eleven.

tenor.gif

I'm fully expecting to be disappointed but it'd be amazingly hype if they actually pulled it off so gonna dream anyways.

Also anyone calling this "Decapre" is undermining what made Decapre so bad. It wasn't just her being knockoff Cammy, it was her being knockoff Cammy when we already had real Cammy. We already have the "Decapre" in the roster with Kage; at least Eleven would be different.
Seth exists the decapre comparisons makes sense

But I actually like decapree. And you could have did something with the concept if you screwed with her design more.

This...you are gonna sell me on this. Its like a plastic man or a venom with no personality.

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't have. This is seemingly below the lowest expectations.

You don't know how low my expectations or even my desires are. I wanted cody's brother from final fight street wise.

This is , this hilarious in what it is.
You're telling me a character like decapre or Violent ken wouldn't of made you say the same thing?

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Twelve plays like shit in 3S but his animations and win quotes were really cool and showed some unique personality. People writing him off as some emotionless goo-man are doing him dirty imo.