• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
This series was an enigma to me, like I'm missing the rosetta stone to unlocking what's supposed to be so excellent about it cause I found it mostly meandering nonsense. But with a great ending, I'll give it that at least. imo tho it's Lynch's Phantom Menace

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
GOAT

Easily my favourite televisual experience was marathoning Twin Peaks S1, 2 & 3

Can't quite articulate how good it was and how well it lit up my brain

chiller

Apr 23, 2021
Remember when a British guy with a magical, unremovable green glove fought an orb made out of archival footage of Frank Silva?

The Return is so good.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
Remember when a British guy with a magical, unremovable green glove fought an orb made out of archival footage of Frank Silva?

The Return is so good.

I enjoyed the 8 episode side story of spray painting shovels gold (I think I remember that happening. Or I had a fever dream?)

Doublethink

Oct 27, 2017
latest

tycoonheart

Oct 25, 2017
To me Twin Peaks the Return is more Fire Walk with Me than it is Tweak Peaks S1/S2. It is very good for what it is. It is David Lynch being David Lynch. But I don't think it really captures the vibe of Twin Peaks Seasons 1 and 2.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
So, the whole thing is absolutely brilliant, but, man, episode 8 stuck with me so deeply that it led to a period of me just drawing The Woodsman, as if I was trying to exorcise from
my brain...
youtu.be

This is the water. And this is the well. | Twin Peaks | Season 3

This is the water.And this is the well.Drink full and descend.The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.Это - вода, и это исток; Напьешься и падёшь....

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
Absolutely insane that it has been 5 years already! The Return is some of the weirdest and best television I have ever seen. Hard to pick out a specific moment to be honest. Naomi Watts is so good in it as well!

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No matter how much I compliment The Return, I always feel like I fall short. For as crazy and insane it is, it's still so full of warmth and heart. The entire thesis of Dougie and what his purpose is to the people around him really only hits you once reflect on the entire season after finishing it.

Glorious score too.

Loved that scene so much. This one too:

Candeldandel

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest
No matter how much I compliment The Return, I always feel like I fall short. For as crazy and insane it is, it's still so full of warmth and heart. The entire thesis of Dougie and what his purpose is to the people around him really only hits you once reflect on the entire season after finishing it.

Glorious score too.

all this, yes. I would add, bittersweet. also thank you for sharing this reprise! such good music.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
To me Twin Peaks the Return is more Fire Walk with Me than it is Tweak Peaks S1/S2. It is very good for what it is. It is David Lynch being David Lynch. But I don't think it really captures the vibe of Twin Peaks Seasons 1 and 2.
that's why i like it more tbh, twin peaks always felt kinda boring to me but fire walk with me blew my mind and the return is absolutely stunning

Giga Power

Apr 24, 2021
I've been meaning to rewatch this over the years since it first came out. Back then I was so let down. Way too Lynch compared to the rest of the run, and that's coming from someone who's a fan of his other work as well. But I'll admit that there were bits here and there that I really enjoyed. And, of course, that ending really was haunting. I just wish the other 16 hours had been just as good.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
only got to watch this for the first time last year

saw the whole thing with a friend, and we were both just absolutely floored at how wild it got.

i'm glad i soldiered through season 2 of twin peaks at its worst. almost stopped midway through. if i had, i would've probably never gotten around to watching the return.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
still haven't seen it.

I had watched Twin Peaks until the mid season 2 around a decade ago. I should probably go back to it.
Just skip to the last episode and then watch the Return.

Also it was a very remarkable show! YOU WILL SIT IN AWE OF A NUCLEAR EXPLOSION FOR 20 MINUTES!

And it still blows my mind that the prediction at the end of the last episode was only off by a year.

Nov 27, 2017
California
What a time that was
Shit was amazing and I remember at San Diego comic con that year we got to watch a new episode the night before
Some of the cast was there too

Crowd was hyped when Dougie/Coop said "damn good pie" at the end lol

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
masterpiece. I thought the critiques on our era of instant gratification and nostalgia were particularly timely

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Twas indeed incredible. I haven't rewatched it, I should remedy that.

FWWM remains the peak of Twin Peaks however. That is a harrowing, note perfect film.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 8 is still my favorite thing Lynch has ever made. It was awe inspiring.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I remember watching it as it aired, definitely wasn't what I wanted and I just kind of fell off after 7 or so episodes. Eventually returned to it a year or two later and finished it up. Was totally worth it. It wasn't the continuation most of us wanted, but it was the one we needed for sure. Kind of insane it's been 5 years though.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
"This Will Be The Episode Where Cooper Gets His Mind Back"' Says Increasingly Nervous Man For Seventh Time This Season

msboo001

Oct 25, 2017
Twin Peaks was the only thing I've watched of Lynch. So Season 3 was completely mind blowing honestly. Watching live every week with everyone here and spending the week guess what the next show was going to be was really special in a way season dumps to binge watch just can't complete with.

I mean this in the best way possible for Lynch fans, but The Return felt like "David Lynch's Greatest Hits" album. Its so not season 1 or 2. Its far superior. Honestly my favorite season of TV of all time.

I should actually watch all the other Lynch stuff (I'm bad with horror :/ )

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
There was a lot I reallly loved, but also a fair amount I didn't. It was certainly a one of a kind experience.

I didn't mind Dougie because the payoff was great, but there was so much fucking meandering in some of the other plot threads, with many of them just going nowhere, and despite being 18 hours long a bunch of the new characters were really under developed. Hulk hands was profoundly stupid.

That final episode tho….10/10. So fucking haunting.

Nov 2, 2019
A2700-AFB-F695-4195-8589-173-BCA41-C0-E1.jpg

Will forever remember the moment this appeared. It didn't really hit me until this song played and the credits rolled that Twin Peaks was back. Got goosebumps then and still do. Greatest season of a show ever. It was one HELL of a ride.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
cant believe it's already been 5 years. it was sooo fucking good. I remember looking forward to each episode so much. Dougie. Mr Jackpots. Oh man. I really enjoyed it. Not sure if/when I'll watch it again but I definitely got what I wanted out of it, enjoyment wise.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017

This is basically me. I enjoy it for what it is (whatever the hell I watched), but it was too different from the original series for me to love it the same.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
That isn't inaccurate.

The truth is that Frost had much less to do with the Return than Lynch did.

And he dumped the soap opera vibe to focus on everything else.

But it paid off well in my opinion.

greatgeek

Oct 25, 2017
Shadow, take me down
Shadow, take me down with you

For the last time
For the last time
For the last time
For the last time

You're in the water
I'm standing on the shore
Still thinking that I hear your voice

Can you hear me?
Can you hear me?
Can you hear me?
Can you hear me?

For the last time
For the last time
For the last time
For the last time

At night I'm driving in your car
Pretending that we'll leave this town
We're watching all the street lights fade
And now you're just a stranger's dream
I took your picture from the frame
And now you're nothing like you seem
Your shadow fell like last night's rain

For the last time
For the last time
For the last time
For the last time

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Hard to pick a favorite scene because pretty much every episode was it's own TV event in a way. I was giddy before each new episode and it never disappointed. I made sure to watch them all late at night with the lights off and it totally paid off. After a bunch of the episodes I couldn't even go to sleep afterward because I first had to process what I has just seen, it was that engrossing. My favorites are probably episode 8 and the final episodes.

Now if only Lynch would make another movie or show, that would be great.

dotpatrick

Oct 28, 2017
The whole thing was such a wild ride.

I remember when The Missing Pieces came out and had that extra with David Lynch talking with Leland, Laura and Sarah followed by a tease that they might actually do a third season set 25 years later. Then came the Twitter tease followed by the actual announcement and I was hyped. At some point Lynch quit the project and I was really worried that they were going to go ahead anyways, but he came back and they were going to give him and Frost 16 hours to craft their story!

I really liked The Return as I watched it, but my appreciation for all the little details has only grown on subsequent viewings. I am kind of glad I avoided all the internet discourse about it since it has been fun to discover new things on my own as I do my yearly viewing of the entire thing.

I wouldn't say it was everything I hoped for because it was not what I was expecting, but it is a damn good continuation of Twin Peaks and ranks right up there with the first half of the original run.

DopeToast

Oct 27, 2017
One of the best seasons of television ever. Made Twin Peaks into a show I really like into my absolute favorite ever.