• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
At that Twin Peaks panel, Lynch actually let a few tidbits out, such as the the bathrobe that
red haired Diane wears is Lucy's bathrobe you see earlier in the season.
Wonder what that means?

Probably the biggest thing Lynch said is a comment on the ending. Someone asked if he always planned that to be the ending to season 3 of Twin Peaks, if that's what he was working towards the whole time. Lynch responded simply with, "That's the ending." When asked if he could elaborate, Lynch then said, "This is the ending. It's right there. You all just saw the ending." He didn't go any further than that, and didn't clarify if he meant just of the season or the whole series, but he said it very boldly and seemed he wanted to say that more than answer the question, so I do think he and Frost may have decided no more Twin Peaks.

Last edited:

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
At that Twin Peaks panel, Lynch actually let a few tidbits out, such as the the bathrobe that
red haired Diane wears is Lucy's bathrobe you see earlier in the season.
Wonder what that means?
I'm sorry, but... what is the revelation here? We see Lucy give her the bathrobe. I don't think it was ever implied that the bathrobe transformed into its identical doppelganger.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, but... what is the revelation here? We see Lucy give her the bathrobe. I don't think it was ever implied that the bathrobe transformed into its identical doppelganger.
That's what I want to know. So this is recorded, Lynch spends a lot of his time talking on actors but says a few things sprcifically. The two things he brings up specifically without being asked about it is that Jeffries is not a teapot, he crafted the machine himself, but if people see it as a teapot that's okay. And for some reason he brings up the bathrobe really excitedly, and asks the audience who's bathrobe is that, someone eventually says Lucy's, and he responds that they're damn right, and not to forget it. I don't know why he brought it up, why this excited him so much, and it's even stranger it's one of the few things he brought up himself, like he wanted people to remember this.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
That's what I want to know. So this is recorded, Lynch spends a lot of his time talking on actors but says a few things sprcifically. The two things he brings up specifically without being asked about it is that Jeffries is not a teapot, he crafted the machine himself, but if people see it as a teapot that's okay. And for some reason he brings up the bathrobe really excitedly, and asks the audience who's bathrobe is that, someone eventually says Lucy's, and he responds that they're damn right, and not to forget it. I don't know why he brought it up, why this excited him so much, and it's even stranger it's one of the few things he brought up himself, like he wanted people to remember this.
Is this archived somewhere on the interweb? Without actually hearing it, I get the impression that he's simply fixating on Lucy's goodness and ironic competence. Kimmy Robertson mentioned that when Lynch explained the character to her, he made it very clear that she's "absolutely not ditzy." He seems to really want people to respect the character, even though she's a Moran.

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
Honestly, while I loved S3 and I'd love more, I'm pretty happy with how it ended overall.
I feel the same. I'd be happy if there was more because the show is so unique in itself that I just love seeing the episodes unfold, but I'm perfectly happy with how it ended, much much better than the season 2 cliffhanger we would have been stuck with otherwise.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I think we can stop with the spoiler tags. they're more annoying than useful at this point, and what some people think is spoilery is pretty broad.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Probably the biggest thing Lynch said is a comment on the ending. Someone asked if he always planned that to be the ending to season 3 of Twin Peaks, if that's what he was working towards the whole time. Lynch responded simply with, "That's the ending." When asked if he could elaborate, Lynch then said, "This is the ending. It's right there. You all just saw the ending." He didn't go any further than that, and didn't clarify if he meant just of the season or the whole series, but he said it very boldly and seemed he wanted to say that more than answer the question, so I do think he and Frost may have decided no more Twin Peaks.

Perfect.

I started watching the Blu-Rays, and the picture quality is out of this world. So many details, like Freddie's glove in Episode 2, really pop on this version.

I can only imagine how good this sounds with a proper sound system.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
David Lynch has a t-shirt shop, US Amazon only currently (sadly, won't ship to the UK).

https://twitter.com/DAVID_LYNCH/status/1004769981114880001

Perfect.

I started watching the Blu-Rays, and the picture quality is out of this world. So many details, like Freddie's glove in Episode 2, really pop on this version.

I can only imagine how good this sounds with a proper sound system.

A year out, in hindsight the one element of S3 I really intensely dislike is pointless Freddie and his stupid-ass glove.

Last edited:

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
Recorded showtimes marathon run this past week and rewatching… holy crap did I miss a lot the first time through... Must have been multitasking the first few episodes... Loving it just as well if not more now.. Haha

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
David Lynch has a t-shirt shop, US Amazon only currently (sadly, won't ship to the UK).

https://twitter.com/DAVID_LYNCH/status/1004769981114880001

A year out, in hindsight the one element of S3 I really intensely dislike is pointless Freddie and his stupid-ass glove.

Dang, friend. I would kill for this one.

A13usaonutL._CLa%7C2140,2000%7C811pam9cLDL.png%7C0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0._UX679_.png

StayMe7o

May 11, 2018
Kamurocho
I'm on episode 3 of the 2017 series and I have no idea what's going on. I didn't finish the latter half of season 2 and didn't watch FWWM and this is like one big acid trip.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on episode 3 of the 2017 series and I have no idea what's going on. I didn't finish the latter half of season 2 and didn't watch FWWM and this is like one big acid trip.

It was an acid trip to those of us that consumed everything. You will be beyond lost.

You need to finish S2 and watch the movie first. They're vital.

StayMe7o

May 11, 2018
Kamurocho
If you're enjoying the series, I highly recommend going back and finishing S2 and FWWM.

It was an acid trip to those of us that consumed everything. You will be beyond lost.

You need to finish S2 and watch the movie first. They're vital.

Thanks for the info! I've always stopped during the Windom Earle stuff because it wasn't interesting/I couldn't force myself to watch it but I'll see if I can rent FWWM or something.

Although lost, I'm enjoying it so far because it's so weird.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
lmao at Japanese Dougie's Hello

anyways I recently discovered Beach House's Teen Dream (super late to the party on that one) and man, the influence Lynch and this show had on contemporary music has been hella understated.

excellent album, and clearly got some Julee Cruise sound in there. surprised they didn't play at the Roadhouse

Almeister

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the info! I've always stopped during the Windom Earle stuff because it wasn't interesting/I couldn't force myself to watch it but I'll see if I can rent FWWM or something.

I don't think anyone can blame you for being put off by Windom Earle's goofy antics buuuuut it is worth watching the last 3 or so Episodes of S2. The finale of S2 is phenominal.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I was really surprised that neither Beach House nor Mount Eerie performed on the show.

Nov 14, 2017

There's a watching guide somewhere on the internet which shows which episodes are "skippable", but at the very least watching the finale of S2 would provide vitally important context to S3.

StayMe7o

May 11, 2018
Kamurocho
I don't think anyone can blame you for being put off by Windom Earle's goofy antics buuuuut it is worth watching the last 3 or so Episodes of S2. The finale of S2 is phenominal.

There's a watching guide somewhere on the internet which shows which episodes are "skippable", but at the very least watching the finale of S2 would provide vitally important context to S3.

I'm following NYT's watch guide for season 2 and I'll watch FWWM after and hopefully the stuff I've seen so far will make sense. Thanks!

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017

anyways I recently discovered Beach House's Teen Dream (super late to the party on that one) and man, the influence Lynch and this show had on contemporary music has been hella understated.

excellent album, and clearly got some Julee Cruise sound in there. surprised they didn't play at the Roadhouse

All of their albums are pretty great. My favorite modern band.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Hell yeah, friend. Beach House are great.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
I'm following NYT's watch guide for season 2 and I'll watch FWWM after and hopefully the stuff I've seen so far will make sense. Thanks!

I don't blame you for giving up on it. It is way longer than it should have been but I'd just watch it all to be honest. I know opinions on this are very different but I very much enjoyed Season 2. If not for the mystery, then for the characters and town.

Enjoy the show. Second half of Season 3 is absolutely crazy.

StayMe7o

May 11, 2018
Kamurocho
Make sense: Possibly not.

Provide context: Definitely.

I don't blame you for giving up on it. It is way longer than it should have been but I'd just watch it all to be honest. I know opinions on this are very different but I very much enjoyed Season 2. If not for the mystery, then for the characters and town.

Enjoy the show. Second half of Season 3 is absolutely crazy.

I cheated and read a synopsis instead but yeah, when things started to pick up, it was great. I really enjoyed the payoffs and the homages to the original series
like James's beautiful performance
and have to say, this is a must watch for Twin Peaks fans.

Time to read theories and explanations.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
You read... synopsis? For Firewalk With Me? Didn't even watch S2 finale? Oh geez, man. I honestly don't know what to say.

But hey, I'm glad you liked S3!

Chekhonte

User banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
A rollercoaster of disillusionment

"He could go down as one of the greatest presidents in history because he has disrupted the thing so much. No one is able to counter this guy in an intelligent way," explained the Twin Peaks creator. While Trump might not be Lynch's personal pick for POTUS (he believes he voted for Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson, but isn't positive), the president's effect on politics could make it possible for "other outsiders" to get in the game and govern effectively. "Our so-called leaders can't take the country forward, can't get anything done," Lynch says. "Like children, they are. Trump has shown all this." Yeah, that's not exactly what the phrase "one of the greatest presidents in history" suggests at first blush, but hey, it's all certainly something to think about.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think, generally, he is very well informed politically and has been all over the map - admired certain traits of Reagan's, considered himself a libertarian for a spell before voting mostly as a Democrat in recent years (firmly for Obama in 2012, Sanders in the 2016 primary) but I think there's something to what he's saying there.

"Greatest" need not mean good. Trump can be absolutely appalling while also going down as one of the most consequential & important Presidents in history. Reaganism and Reaganomics was harmful baloney for many millions of people but won two landslide victories and in doing so, reshaped the nation in his (for the time extreme) Republican image, despite having a Democratic house for his entire term.

Trump is an absolute child yet he's got an entire party eating out of his hand, oftentimes completely contradicting whatever it is they've claimed are deeply held beliefs before. It's pathetic that it's taken someone like that to expose the horseshit that is the American political system attempting to function in the modern era, but it's happening before everyone's eyes. Obama is a great man who should go down as a great President for overcoming the obstacles that he did and maintaining dignity and decorum in the face of unhinged and unprecedented bile, but his tenure was marked by a ludicrous gridlock thanks to the Republican Party, and in hindsight maybe he wishes he'd dished out a few more low blows.

I would like to think that he's a flash in the pan, but there's every chance that Trump's ascendency has ushered in an era where a maverick outsider from anywhere on the political map can conceivably win the Presidency. I won't be surprised if the next Democratic candidate ends up being someone of hitherto minor status that Sanders ends up getting behind early, assuming he doesn't run again himself.

Last edited:

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Lynch voted for Bernie in the primaries (his Twitter feed shows as much), but Johnson? And the Trump thing? Ehhh

Considering he can't even remember who he voted for, plus the fact he's been suggested by his physicians to stop reading up things about his own movies (I imagine it extends to politics), I imagine that he's not up to date with the everyday happenings in the world, and says such things that come off as ignorant. Or that's my reasoning, because you don't see in his films ideas that would imply a support of Trump. Quite otherwise.

EDIT: Uff, I knew Lynch was peculiar (to say the least), but he comes absolutely weird in that interview:

I ask Lynch how he manages to inspire such loyalty, despite such strict rationing of human contact – from his collaborators, friends, even his exes. He drops his cigarette on the floor and stubs it out with a boot before answering. "I like to have some people around. If I was totally alone I think I'd get funny, and not in a humorous way."

As a father and husband he has often been absent, he concedes. "You gotta be selfish. And it's a terrible thing. I never really wanted to get married, never really wanted to have children. One thing leads to another and there it is."

Last edited:

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Lynch was spotted a few days ago at Netflix HQ. It might not be a new season of Twin Peaks, but it could lead to something at least. If not TP, could he finally make Ronnie Rocket after almost forty years?
He already made much of Ronnie Rocket by recycling those ideas into a new version of Twin Peaks. There's really no point in bringing it back anymore, especially without Michael J. Anderson.
Plus, that's a big budget screenplay. The Borb fight was bad enough, I don't even want to imagine what Ronnie Rocket's Dragon Ball Z High School Musical stage battle finale would look like on a TV budget.

Whatever he does next, I hope it's something new (just as long as it's not a movie about his garbage idol, the maharishi).

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Lynch was spotted a few days ago at Netflix HQ. It might not be a new season of Twin Peaks, but it could lead to something at least. If not TP, could he finally make Ronnie Rocket after almost forty years?

For some reason I could really easily see him voicing a character on Bojack Horseman.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I'd imagine Netlix will give home whatever budget and time he wants. He wasn't happy with the pressures of the Twin Peaks production.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
I certainly wish that it's for another show (and he's been saying he prefers to do shows to movies nowadays), but TheFireman is definitely on to something. I'll just believe for now that this is for BoJack (which would hype me a lot).

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Visiting the sets of twin peaks in May was one of the more surreal moments of my life honestly. Generally more populated than I thought cause I'm dumb but also the falls were super crowded.

R&R was as mediocre as I wanted.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wanting to watch all of Lynch's work legit in The Netherlands is a mess. I can purchase Twin Peaks on blu-ray easy enough, but the rest of his work? I seriously think that non of his work was ever released on the format here.

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Wanting to watch all of Lynch's work legit in The Netherlands is a mess. I can purchase Twin Peaks on blu-ray easy enough, but the rest of his work? I seriously think that non of his work was ever released on the format here.
It's a sad mess everywhere. Lost Highway somehow never came out on blu-ray in the US, The Straight Story only came out in Japan, Hotel Room and On The Air haven't seen a home release since VHS.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's a sad mess everywhere. Lost Highway somehow never came out on blu-ray in the US, The Straight Story only came out in Japan, Hotel Room and On The Air haven't seen a home release since VHS.
Seriously? This is such a sad state of affairs :(

The Lost Highway UK Blu-Ray has fucking PAL speed-up, like HDMI never happened.
I almost imported this a few weeks ago. And with that, thank you very much for this warning!

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017

The Straight Story being stuck in the vault is a tragedy. Incredible movie that nobody ever talks about.