• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
ok, this is unmarked right?
I got the incest thing and got the confess ending, am i suipposed to keep playing? credits rolled at the start, so not sure if it's just ending hunting now or is there a "real" ending?

I just want to know was the timeloop is happening, but i have an idea already. also flushing shit down the toilet is hilarious

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ok, this is unmarked right?
I got the incest thing and got the confess ending, am i suipposed to keep playing? credits rolled at the start, so not sure if it's just ending hunting now or is there a "real" ending?

I just want to know was the timeloop is happening, but i have an idea already. also flushing shit down the toilet is hilarious
You'll know when you've gotten the real ending because (quite literally) you can't do anything else once you do.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
That's what I did.

I watched (kinda fast-forwarded) a letsplay with XQC and he kept drugging the water but then setting the table and eating dessert and forcing her to the side with the drugged water in order to put her to sleep. I was like "holy shit, I already thought it was too much work to have to grab the glasses and hide in the bathroom drugging the water. I couldn't imagine having to tell her to eat dessert, set the table, eat, etc. every time."
Funny thing is that you don't even have to close the door to do any of that. The game makes a big deal and enters a fail state if you open up the vent with the door open, but going into the medicine cabinet, clanging the pills around in the mug, and filling the water cup in the bathroom in plain sight doesn't make her suspicious? LOL

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Played for 2 hours and requested a refund. Got approved. After reading spoilers, I'm glad I refunded. Had some neat ideas and that's about it

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Funny thing is that you don't even have to close the door to do any of that. The game makes a big deal and enters a fail state if you open up the vent with the door open, but going into the medicine cabinet, clanging the pills around in the mug, and filling the water cup in the bathroom in plain sight doesn't make her suspicious? LOL

Oh, you think that's acting questionable?

you can fill it + drug it right in front of her in the main room, she'll even comment on you putting the pills in, and she'll still thank you for the water and drink it lmao

Lionheart

Oct 26, 2017
Damn you guys hated this game, i really enjoyed it conceptually and the gameplay and atmosphere were hitting the right notes for me. I also appreciated the length it was refreshing not playing a 50 hour adventure.

The story was messed up and I figured out the twist well before i knew how to present it to the characters, tbh it didn't detract much front my enjoyment.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
So I've gotten to the big twist and after the no no no my game resets to the Xbox dash anyone else had this issue?

OHRye

Nov 17, 2017
The ending really disgusted me...Did he really need to be her brother? Couldnt he have just been the killer? Like why? Just to add shock value?

I thought the game was ok, some of the stuff was really frusting with the time loops, and having to do really specific things in order. I think this game is over rated imo.

bruhaha

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
Oh, you think that's acting questionable?

you can fill it + drug it right in front of her in the main room, she'll even comment on you putting the pills in, and she'll still thank you for the water and drink it lmao

She doesn't take the water and says she's sleeping fine if you fill it in front of her, maybe you ran into a bug.

The game does seem to treat everything happening in a different room as not visible/audible to the wife/cop. You can call 911 from the closet and the wife doesn't notice you even being home

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Tried it for a third time after resetting the entire xbox and it's done it again :/

That sucks. I was already sick of the game by that point so every loop was just adding to the frustration, so when the hard crash happened I was pissed. I would have just looked at the ending by loop three, it isn't even worth it.

Genuinely can't stand this game.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
yeah, i've been looking forward to this for a while and it was disappointing. extremely clunky trying to play it on xsx and the story/mechanics ultimately weren't good either. probably my fault for getting overexcited at the unique concept. but i tend to do that with any 'unique-ish art' in other mediums too like movie/tv shows that break the bounds of the usual in certain ways even if the end result is similarly under-baked like this game.

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished it

it was ok. As a game it's terrible the viewing angle is awful and the controls are awful and there's very little gameplay (last one is ok because I knew that going in)

But the twist was so predictable as soon as the brother was first mentioned. And the "story" was whatever. Have seen it done similarly before and much better. Thankfully played it on game pass so no worries

the_bromo_tachi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I played this game since I saw Limmy playing it and was frustrated with how he was playing it. So I bought and finished the game.

I kinda wish I didn't buy it and just continued watching Limmy play it instead. The idea is neat but the writing is not good. I'm assuming the alone ending is the final ending? The credits started playing so I just stopped there.

A tad bit expensive but was a decent experience.

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
I thought the game was fine. The twist was not my cup of tea but it did not destroy the experience for either.
Glad I was able to play it on GamePass. Played far worse games.

If there's a dumber fucking twist in gaming, I'm unaware of it. And I know about SO3's. Awful.

Metal Gear Solid 4, anyone? No? Okay.

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
I played this game since I saw Limmy playing it and was frustrated with how he was playing it. So I bought and finished the game.

I kinda wish I didn't buy it and just continued watching Limmy play it instead. The idea is neat but the writing is not good. I'm assuming the alone ending is the final ending? The credits started playing so I just stopped there.

A tad bit expensive but was a decent experience.
No, that's not the final ending.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I am so stuck. I have 911, Bumblebee, Myself in the phone. We have danced together, the cop has been electrocuted, I've tied him up, I've taken his stuff, I've killed him, she's fallen on the floor, he's reasoned with me to a point, I can open the vents, I can get her to reason with me about the loop to a point but…this is where I am. I make no real progress outside of that and I just don't know where else this can go without looking it up. I feel like it's something either really obvious or obtuse that I'm missing.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I am so stuck. I have 911, Bumblebee, Myself in the phone. We have danced together, the cop has been electrocuted, I've tied him up, I've taken his stuff, I've killed him, she's fallen on the floor, he's reasoned with me to a point, I can open the vents, I can get her to reason with me about the loop to a point but…this is where I am. I make no real progress outside of that and I just don't know where else this can go without looking it up. I feel like it's something either really obvious or obtuse that I'm missing.
Have you gotten the watch yet?

if not:
Try to watch your wife confront the cop when she thinks you're not home.

Urðr

Aug 13, 2020
There's something clearly missing in almost every aspect of the game, but at least the atmosphere is top notch.

It's pretty disappointing that it only had a bunch of differences in dialogues. And especially that every time you restart, it's just the same reactions from the playable character over and over again. It felt like it had 30 minutes worth of non-repeated content.

The same concept but in a bigger flat (and more dialogue variations) would have made a huge difference.

TAYREL713

Oct 30, 2017
Just 1000 pointed it las night (stupid Ouroboros cheev) I dug it, weird tale and all. James McAvoy's slightly Phillyesque American accent was just a delight.

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I got to the credits with only one achievement. Not sure I'll play it anymore to get others though.

I didn't hate it, I like the concept but the story wasn't that satisfying. I like slowly learning more and more each loop but I didn't like going through the same set of actions so many times in a row while I figured things out.

I'm not 100% sure what was real and what wasn't, I guess I believe everything we see happening in the apartment isn't real. Also I guess the cop is just the main character's mental representation of the dad?

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Somehow I got to the credits with only one achievement. Not sure I'll play it anymore to get others though.

If you don't plan on replaying it, and if you ended up restarting the loop from scratch and didn t progress any further, fresh, just
do a Far Cry 4 with the game. Don't touch your controller, you ll get a second ending for free

Minky

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
So, SO glad I didn't buy this. Also relieved I spoiled myself online instead of actually encountering this gross shit firsthand.
What the hell were they thinking?

rustymonk

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone point out how to get the "true" ending, I looked up walkthroughs and there's nothing I thought I missed, and what makes that canon as opposed to just choosing to move on with your life, and the game was a dream? Besides being the most difficult one to get I guess?

I saw the endings where you walk away and then you end up in apartment alone. I figured out how to get back to the room with the Dad but was happy to end there.

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
I got to sit down with the developer yesterday and ask about the game, it's design, influences and the plot - worth saying, don't watch it unless you've been through the big twists.

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
one of the stupidest fucking games i've played in maybe a decade

It was fun for a while, and then it just wasn't. fuckin waste of time

bruhaha

Banned
Jun 13, 2018
Can someone point out how to get the "true" ending, I looked up walkthroughs and there's nothing I thought I missed, and what makes that canon as opposed to just choosing to move on with your life, and the game was a dream? Besides being the most difficult one to get I guess?

I saw the endings where you walk away and then you end up in apartment alone. I figured out how to get back to the room with the Dad but was happy to end there.

There is one ending that actually resets progress so that all dialogue options reset, you play as if it is a fresh save, and you can't get back to the father's room by looking at the watch. People are treating that as the true ending. To get that ending you have to notice the red meditation book is in the father's room.

Stop reading if you want to figure it out yourself.

For the book to be interactable in the father's room you have to interact with the book while in the apartment a few times so that your character knows the quote from the book. Once he knows the quote, go back to the father's room and click on the book to have him recite the quote. Do this only once and let the scene play out.

Tarantism

Nov 8, 2017
Got the Alone achievement without using any guides whatsoever and fairly painlessly, didn't find it nearly as janky as others in this thread and all of the steps you needed to take were well communicated even if the actions you needed to take to get there were a little fussy.

I think my relatively smooth experience was probably helped by just stumbling across the pocket watch the first time I opened the medicine cabinet.

I couldn't work out how to progress any further from the empty apartment so I've just looked up guides on that, probably won't bother going to get them with Psychonauts coming out tomorrow.

My biggest problem is I'm not sure what's going on with Willem Dafoe being both the father and the hitman, are we supposed to believe that the hitman isn't real?

Edit: Looks like the father/hitman stuff might be made more clear if I keep going through and getting all the endings.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
So I really enjoyed the premise of the game, loved the first several loops and trying out new things by man it loses steam by the end once the limits start showing themselves and the story nosedives with the twist that only makes sense cause it turns out to be all a dream. My eyes nearly rolled out of my head when I first got the reveal that you're the brother and killed the father, like how in the holy fuck could he have just forgotten that, but then oh it turns out it was in his head, ok..... I felt the game really failed to telegraph there was something going on with the husband, that he might be an unreliable narrator and/or that there's a darkness in him and his past that's unrelated to the looping shenanigans making him desensitized to violence. It was obvious after the first fakeout ending where things seem happy and then it loops again that some twist was going to occur with the husband/brother but that's me using meta game logic that the brother could only be the cop or the husband cause there's no other characters left.

One thing that really really disappointed me in terms in exploring different solutions to a problem was learning there is no other way to disable the cop besides the lightswitch and that the wife has to be out cold/dead every time. I spent a while trying to find a way we could both double team him with questions while he was tied up to no avail obviously.

lazerface

Banned
Feb 23, 2020
I'm still confused…so the "officer" is his and her father? And he didn't realize that immediately?

Oct 25, 2017
Newcastle, UK
Probably my biggest gaming disappointment in a long while. Story was dumb, and even before it got dumb it wasn't particularly compelling. There wasn't a single moment of epiphany in either a puzzle solution or the story that left me anything more than whelmed, and the seams of its constuction are showing constantly. It feels like the dude built a prototype and then spent 6 years gluing bits onto it and giving it a new lick of paint instead of actually designing a satisfying whole. It's a clever idea, and an incredible game could exist within that idea with better design and writing.

There is one ending that actually resets progress so that all dialogue options reset, you play as if it is a fresh save, and you can't get back to the father's room by looking at the watch. People are treating that as the true ending. To get that ending you have to notice the red meditation book is in the father's room.

Stop reading if you want to figure it out yourself.
This was the first and only ending I got so now I have to replay the game to even see the other library dialogue options or get more than one achievement? Fuck that haha.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Lmao just read up on the coward ending. I did everything except hand him over a phone in the end because i didnt have one and he still murdered me. Literally got murdered for not owning a phone.