• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tethered Penguin

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Halo-Master-Chief-Doomguy-Battle.jpg

I'm ready.
well i want them to have sex

but that doesnt mean im getting what i want

valentine71

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I can't believe that they approved this deal. Now Microsoft owns every WRPG dev out there and this creates a monopoly. Very antitrust monopoly, anti consumer too.

lol

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda crossed on this. On one hand, Zenimax was an awful company that deserves to go away and let better companies handle their IP's.

On the other hand, I'm not really liking how consolodated the video game industry is becoming. What happens if Sony buys out, Cap;com?

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I can't believe that they approved this deal. Now Microsoft owns every WRPG dev out there and this creates a monopoly. Very antitrust monopoly, anti consumer too.

lol

Fanboys complained that Xbox has no RPGs. So Microsoft bought the entire genre. Of course now fanboys will subdivide that and make it only JRPGs and thus the cycle will continue.

KillaKap

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Meta Commentary; Platform Warring
Here comes the concern trolls, revenue hunters, and exclusive deniers.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good, now we can start hearing about future Bethesda games at some point.

Barbarossa

Oct 30, 2017
I'm kinda crossed on this. On one hand, Zenimax was an awful company that deserves to go away and let better companies handle their IP's.

On the other hand, I'm not really liking how consolodated the video game industry is becoming. What happens if Sony buys out, Cap;com?
Street Fighter probably won't come to Xbox.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Besides not appearing on other platforms you will likely see a reducing of their smaller franchises. Capcom is pretty much already doing this anyways with only Megaman being somewhat kept alive and a few one notes titles like GnG and such being made.

Biggest thing they would lose is the portable MH money.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
I wonder how many small game ventures could now be realised given that they aren't 100% reliant on the AAA sales model. I would love to see some quirky games like obsidians grounded

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's like saying try to make a gta rival, it's nearly impossible. Way easier to buy a series s. The earth won't melt if primarily PlayStation players also own an Xbox.
LOL if it was that easy, MS would have just paid the company capable of doing that instead of spending billions on Bethesda.
Yes, you cannot create this from scratch, neither catch equivalent popularity of course, but that's not what I was trying to say - more to fill a category that is now missing two majors titles (Fallout/ES).

The sector is highly segmented by genre and now they are missing two popular WRPGs in it. All publishers or manufacturers are trying to fill or balance their weakness (and Skyrim was made with hundred people, not a thousand like GTA4).

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Yes, you cannot create this from scratch, neither catch equivalent popularity of course, but that's not what I was trying to say - more to fill a category that is now missing two majors titles (Fallout/ES).

The sector is highly segmented by genre and now they are missing two popular WRPGs in it. All publishers or manufacturers are trying to fill or balance their weakness (and Skyrim was made with hundred people, not a thousand like GTA4).
I just think Sony should focus on their strengths rather then chase others. Microsoft has always been more wrpg and FPS focused and they've leaned into that and I think Sony should continue with their focus on third person story driven action games and jrpgs, for some reason it looks like they may not want to be so Japanese focused anymore but who knows what happens longer term.

Then as players we get to enjoy the best of everything buy having multiple options to access each ecosystem or game

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I just think Sony should focus on their strengths rather then chase others. Microsoft has always been more wrpg and FPS focused and they've leaned into that and I think Sony should continue with their focus on third person story driven action games and jrpgs, for some reason it looks like they may not want to be so Japanese focused anymore but who knows happens longer term.

Sony hasn't made a JRPG of their own in like a decade, not counting third party collaborations like Bloodborne, which will never get a sequel. They're clearly letting Japan fall away lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.