• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
photo-2021-02-28-16-21-38.jpg

"Microsoft's $7.5 billion acquisition for ZeniMax Media has apparently been approved by worldwide regulators, closing one of the biggest entertainment mergers in the history of the games industry."

www.tweaktown.com

Microsoft's ZeniMax buyout complete, listed as 'realized' by investor

The huge $7.5 billion Microsoft x ZeniMax merger has gone through as Providence Equity lists its ZeniMax investment as 'realized'

Last edited:

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Console wars
Hopefully MS will finally show and release some decent games in the coming weeks!

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
So...what are the chances the next Doom and Prey come to PlayStation with this acquisition finalized? Do we believe that those will be locked exclusive on Xbox and PC?

if that's the case, incredible purchase by Microsoft. I will absolutely buy an Xbox to play these games.

Ailanthium

Oct 27, 2017
So...what are the chances the next Doom and Prey come to PlayStation with this acquisition finalized? Do we believe that those will be locked exclusive on Xbox and PC?

if that's the case, incredible purchase by Microsoft. I will absolutely buy an Xbox to play these games.

Nobody really knows, honestly. Or rather, I'm sure the higher-ups at Microsoft know, but those are cards they'll hold close to their chest.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
The countdown to me investing in a gaming PC begins now. Hope MS showers the devs in money so they can make lots of cool shit.

Oct 30, 2017
User banned (1 week): Platform warring, history of similar behavior
Wonder what else they are going to buy and keep off competing platforms

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Hope it turns out well.

Well to me is a wide variety of games, exclusive or not, and the developers underneath Bethesda being allowed the freedom to work on interesting projects.

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What was announced years ago? If you're referring to the deal, it was literally announced less than 6 months ago.
Deathloop, which paradoxically won't be on xbox consoles when it comes out in two months, but does have a good chance of being microsoft's best game in years now that the acquisition is done.

doyneamite

Oct 26, 2018
Deathloop, which paradoxically won't be on xbox consoles when it comes out in six weeks, but does have a good chance of being microsoft's best game in years now that the acquisition is done.

Well obviously that deal was done before all this stuff with Microsoft began so I'm not really sure what your point is.

Jan 4, 2018
Will wait the official announcement but Obsidian, Bethesda and inXile under the same roof is still unbelievable. It seemed impossible some years ago. Can't wait to see what are the plans for the Fallout franchise !!

giphy.gif

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Nice. The time to get a new PC and sub to Gamepass draws closer for me.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Well obsidian could have done it, but you know...
Obsidian told a good story using Bethesda's engine / game structure.

They didn't even come close w/ The Outer Worlds.

Now that they are under the same umbrella.. there are great possibilities, but on their own Obsidian wasn't producing a TES rival.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good luck finding a studio that can manage to make a TES rival
I don't think luck has anything to do at this scale of production, although I have no idea if they are planning a response or not.

But it would be at least an interesting attempt regarding how popular and unique the franchise is, to be compared.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
You work at MS, I assume.
Edit: Ah you edited it.

It's gonna be interesting to see what the release strategy will be going forward, I suppose Doom on Switch will still be a thing. Game Pass everything please, I'm subbed through 2023 👀
would be a dream come true to work at an organization like MS, anyways back to reality I don't see MS keeping Doom away from the N.Switch, I might be wrong though but ID should already have a small team of devs within the studio in charge of porting their games to the Switch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.