• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Hello everyone. Hope everyone is enjoying themselves today, or is at least experiencing as little stress and anxiety as possible.

I wanted to ask you fine folks (and some of you that aren't as fine of folks :P) what your favorite Christmas movie of all time is. Why do you like it so much?

Mine is Scrooged with Bill Murray. Just an incredibly hilarious take on The Christmas Carol with a plethora of outstanding actors on the cast. Bill Murray is terrific as "the jerk turned believer in the Christmas spirit" Frank Cross. I love his and Carol Kane's interactions with one another with her as the Ghost of Christmas Present. "If you TOUCH me again, I'm going to rip your goddamn wings off."

Also, runner-up to the Christmas comedy classic Jingle All the Way, as horrible as some might think of it, I get nostalgia for it--being extremely hyped for a popular Christmas toy and being on the hunt for it.

Zach

Oct 25, 2017
Scrooged and Jingle All the Way are good. We watched those this year. Good job.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Top 5:
Home Alone
Christmas Vacation
Arthur Christmas
Patrick Stewart Christmas Carol
The Santa Clause

Dec 5, 2018
Bethesda, North Wales
There goes Mr.Humbug...
giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
The Night Before, but only because my beloved Michael Shannon fucking owns as the pot dealing ghost of Christmas present/future/past. Real answer is Love Actually. I'm such a sucker for that movie.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Die Hard
Christmas Vacation
Nightmare Before Christmas

Thanks for reminding me I can watch one of these while downloading God of War and Assassin's Creed Odyssey after I get home tonight.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
For me it's hard to pick between either A Christmas Story or Christmas Vacation.

Both just classic good Christmas movies with some good laughs that make you love the Holidays.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
It's A Wonderful Life gets even my cold on christmas heart sing jingle bells

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
It's A Wonderful Life.

Nothing captures the spirit of the holiday better. Frank Capra is a master of emotion and love in film. Some may find it too sentimental, but he combined heart and art in ways that few film-makers could replicate. The film is beautifully shot. The close-ups. The bridge scene. The iconic staircase. The bank run and honeymoon. It's the template film-makers like Spielberg followed.

I have a lot of respect for Capra as a film-maker. I also recommend "You Can't Take It With You." It's a comedy film which won best picture and it's still hilarious.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I do love Gremlins, but my favourite Christmas movie is It's A Wonderful Life. I think it's quite powerful if a little too sentimental at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.