• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
I bought an LG OLED 65" (65C7P) for over $2000 not even three years ago. About a month ago I got several lines of dead pixels down the screen. After several weeks of nobody calling me back I reached out to them again today and they refuse to do anything about it. What a terrible company.

so, I'm now in the market for a new flat screen. Does anyone have any recommendations of a tv or company I should look into that's of similar stature as the TV I'm basically going to have to throw away? One that will actually stand behind their product.

thekonamicode

Oct 27, 2017
People seem to like Vizio lately! Sorry to hear about your LG OLED. I don't think any company on the market will warrant a tv for three years or longer.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought a Sony 900F last fall and absolutely love it. In terms of longevity, I bought an HD Sony LED back in 2015 that's still running completely fine today.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Got any consumer advocacy agency you could contact a tv at that price point shouldn't give out after only three years or have you tried the retailer.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
My two biggest TVs are TCLs. They are cheaper than Samsungs, LGs, and Vizio TVs but still provide a good 4K screen and loads of options with their built in Roku functionality. I would recommend them to anyone. I actually took back a Vizio 2 years ago to get the TCL 55-inch.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
TCL is not of a similar stature to LG, but their TVs are about 50% cheaper than most LG's and they're wonderful TVs. The TCL Roku line up is an affordable, really good performing TV. We have a 6-series from a couple years ago that we love. I'm buying a cheap TV for my garage/outside so I can have friends over to watch football and I'm going to buy one of their budget models for that one.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
TCL is not of a similar stature to LG, but their TVs are about 50% cheaper than most LG's and they're wonderful TVs. The TCL Roku line up is an affordable, really good performing TV. We have a 6-series from a couple years ago that we love. I'm buying a cheap TV for my garage/outside so I can have friends over to watch football and I'm going to buy one of their budget models for that one.

Agreed I love my 6 series, it's the best TV I have ever owned and so cheap. It's not perfect but for $500 it does the job great and I've had no issues for the 2 years I've owned it now.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
My new 86" LG is getting delivered October 5th lol

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I know Hisense is looked down upon but they have a 70" for $550 right now and it runs Android TV.

Samsung or LG 65" is $500.... but I don't think I'd like the OS as much as Android and I'm losing 5".

Not sure what to do...

Drensch

Oct 27, 2017
I've had a Sony 900h for three days. My most recent was a 2016 vizio p series which I love. The Sony are on sale right now. The only issue I have is the lack of dimming zones. It should have more. In real world content it's not much of an issue at all. But in testing patterns it's not as flattering.

cmalex23

Avenger
Oct 10, 2018
Sony. My previous TVs were all sony and they are all still kicking. I wanted OLED so I went with LG for my most recent purchase.

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
I'd vouch for Sony OLED as well. They're pricey but the image quality is worth it

honavery

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I've had no issues with my Vizio 4k TV bought in Fall of 2014.

Consumer Reports rates Sony, Insignia(?), and Sanyo as highest for reliability. (with Samsung right behind)
LG is somewhere in the middle of the pack, Vizio is at the bottom. So..who knows.

OP
OP
UF_C

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
Sony. My previous TVs were all sony and they are all still kicking. I wanted OLED so I went with LG for my most recent purchase.
Purchase the extended warranty For your LG. Customer Service won't even touch you without it. Product comes with a 1 year warranty but, based on my experience and the shitty build quality of their products, definitely definitely get the extended warranty

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought an LG OLED 65" (65C7P) for over $2000 not even three years ago. About a month ago I got several lines of dead pixels down the screen. After several weeks of nobody calling me back I reached out to them again today and they refuse to do anything about it. What a terrible company.

so, I'm now in the market for a new flat screen. Does anyone have any recommendations of a tv or company I should look into that's of similar stature as the TV I'm basically going to have to throw away? One that will actually stand behind their product.
I'm sorry about your experience. You could go with Vizio OLED, but frankly their build quality and support reputation is pretty terrible and I'd be pretty apprehensive with buying a 1st gen OLED from them. You could go with Samsung QLED, but it's very expensive and not as good as OLED, and I had a personal warranty / support situation with them that made me never buy a Samsung again. You could go with a Sony OLED, but they're overpriced and not as good as LG, particularly with gaming.

Sooo... yeah, idk. LG has a really good reputation for reliability and customer support, for what it's worth.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Personally, I'd stay away from Samsung. Screen looks good enough, but the UI is awful and laggy.

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017

This seems crazy to me. All I can say is try again? I used the I'm buying a new tv for the living room and this is affecting my buying decision (slight burn in on a 55" b7). The guy is literally going to be at my home in 30 min to swap the panel out for free. Called last week. US if that helps. When my curved Samsung oled lost power to the top bar 1 month out of warranty they basically told me to fuck off.

edit**** did you call or email? Mine worked by calling

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sony. I've had their TVs since the Trinitron days, and they've all been rock solid. My current TV is an X850A, and it's doing great, and the only reason I'd upgrade is that it's a little old.

cmalex23

Avenger
Oct 10, 2018
Purchase the extended warranty For your LG. Customer Service won't even touch you without it. Product comes with a 1 year warranty but, based on my experience and the shitty build quality of their products, definitely definitely get the extended warranty

Thanks for the heads up. I purchased the warranty because I have no clue how good LG is long term. I'm hoping because mine is a C9, the build is better. Sorry about your experience.

OP
OP
UF_C

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up. I purchased the warranty because I have no clue how good LG is long term. I'm hoping because mine is a C9, the build is better. Sorry about your experience.
They got so sick of me calling that they put me on hold for 20 minutes before transferring me to their Distribution Support, who obviously couldn't help me because I'm not a big box store. They then sent me right back to customer support to go round and round again.

$2000, down the drain. And LG couldn't give 2 fucks.

Macheezmo

Oct 25, 2017
Same here.

I have the 2018 65-inch Samsung Q9FN and it is incredible!

I'll agree with this. I had one of the LG OLED TV's but it went to shit after a year and LG gave me the same runaround and wouldn't touch my TV, so I bought one of the Samsung QLEDs. To be perfectly honest I can't even tell the difference in picture quality. I'm sure if I had them side by side I could, but it's been a fantastic TV and I'd get another if I needed one.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
I like Sony TVs.

I know some folks in Samsung's supply chain, and their quality targets are pretty damn low for their components.

Oct 25, 2017
This is simply not the case, hit up reddit and you'll continually hear people who LG replace panels.

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
What's the best way to link mobile images. Guy is literally pulling up to my place now to swap the panel. Purchased 3 years ago no warranty

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I bought a Sony 900F last fall and absolutely love it. In terms of longevity, I bought an HD Sony LED back in 2015 that's still running completely fine today.

+1 to this.

Me and my family been owning Sony TVs since the 1990s and we havent had a single issue with any of them.

The first two SD TVs lasted for a good 15-20 years, a third one (70+'') lasted for exactly 20 years (we had to discard it cause we couldnt take it to our new home - it wasnt a flat panel).

Our first HDTV from 2011 (40 something inches bravia) is still being used.

I got one of the bravias which is a 55'' from 2015 still being used and no issue.

And my latest which is a 75'' x900f I got from 2018 - have had no issues.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Sony for me as well. Quality, accurate approach to image processing + terrific motion handling & upscaling + strong QA/QC + Android TV.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok. Thanks for the advice. All I can go on is what LG customer service is telling me. Is there a specific Reddit I should go to?
I'm not sure man, I'm just saying, it was one of the factors I considered before purchasing my LG OLED. There are a plethora of people on Reddit who said they called customer service and LG approved a panel swap without an issue.

Reddit One example that laid out the conditions.

Another

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I have a 2019 Sony x950 but I can't recommend it because Android TV sucks and crashes and shit. I may try upgrading the firmware and seeing if that helps.

tokkun

Oct 27, 2017
I can agree LG's customer service was terrible. Took them almost two months to get a service tech out to replace a 3-month-old TV, and this was pre-pandemic. They don't have a proper case management system for RMAs, so it is very hard to actually communicate with them when things go wrong with the process.

OP
OP
UF_C

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure man, I'm just saying, it was one of the factors I considered before purchasing my LG OLED. There are a plethora of people on Reddit who said they called customer service and LG approved a panel swap without an issue.

Another
Unfortunately I did exactly what those reddit says to do. I went through their Executive Support Services team and everything. They won't budge. I'm going to continue to harass them though. I'm not giving up.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Samsung tends to have the same issues with certain lines as well at that size, along with hazy/discoloration issues, so I'd recommend steering clear of them or making sure to do research on which lines might have more consistency with that problem.

OP
OP
UF_C

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
Here is the picture of my $2000 TV that LG took my money for but won't fix their damn product.

81vK5la.jpg

2FSWKlH.jpg

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017

Another
Seriously the guy just left my place and I'm being ignored lol. Swapped a b7 panel with a 9 in under 30min. Paid nothing and still have a 90 day warranty for the brand new panel

Silence

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I came in here specifically to not recommend Vizio - at least not the PX65-G1. I bought one and sorely wish I hadn't. Jail bars and audio signal randomly craps out.
I love my Vizio PX65-G1. Got it last Black Friday.

I had audio passthrough issues too, but switched from Roku to Apple TV and those issues went away. Jail bars seem like panel lottery, some get lucky, some don't, but that's par for the course for LCD in general.

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
That's awesome but how did you do it?? It's been a 3 week saga with LG and they won't budge!
I edited my first post. Tell them about your line in your screen. Tell them it's ridiculous but be nice about it. Tell them you are about to get a new tv for your living room and it's affecting your buying of an lg product. They should send you an email while on the phone to attach pictures of the problems.

OP
OP
UF_C

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
I edited my first post. Tell them about your line in your screen. Tell them it's ridiculous but be nice about it. Tell them you are about to get a new tv for your living room and it's affecting your buying of an lg product. They should send you an email while on the phone to attach pictures of the problems.
Yeah. Already did the email thing. Sent pictures and the receipt so they got all that info. I'm just going to call them a few times a day until they relent.

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. Already did the email thing. Sent pictures and the receipt so they got all that info. I'm just going to call them a few times a day until they relent.
The guy fixing my tv said that the line can be a problem from the old innards. He told me that's the most common problem he fixes and for free for the customer