• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine how horrifying a jet car crash must be.

RIP

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Not just a car crash, a jet-car crash. Looks like she might have been trying to break the land-speed record. RIP. Way too young to go.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She died doing what she loved at least, she was testing a jetcar trying to break the land speed record. Condolences to her family.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Oh fuck no! I liked her a lot on Mythbusters. She seemed like such a nice person, and she did a lot of cool stuff. Rest in peace, Jessi.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I didn't realize from the title she was in a rocket car that apparently hit over 480mph. Holy crap!

Mar 29, 2018
Good lord. All the best to her family.

A minor consolation would be that it must have been a practically immediate death, at a speed like that.

To be graphic,
you'd be mush before your brain could process what the fuck is happening.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I watch a lot of Velocity tv and she was great in every thing she was on.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
How sad. RIP

I'm honestly not familiar with her, since I've only seen a handful of myth busters episodes, but my heart goes out to her loved ones. 36 is so young. 😞

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Wait, that fuselage lists a driver and her as co/driver. Did someone else die in the crash as well?

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Oh shit, she was the one that replaced Kari when she was on maternity leave. At least she was doing something she loved to do.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. Way too young. Was a wonderful role model on shows like MythBusters, Overhaulin, Xtreme 4x4 etc., showing more than just dudes doing all the fab and mechanic work without all the bullshit stereotyping women get in the field. She will be missed :'(

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
She went faster than most of us will ever go.

She has crashed many times in different kinds of cars, broken back etc.

She has even crashed in a jet powered car few years ago but landed in some bushes.

One of her last tweets. RIP

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
RIP. I do remember her brief appearance in Mythbusters.

Props for changing the thread title.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
A terrible tragedy. May her family find peace.

She went faster than most of us will ever go.

She has crashed many times in different kinds of cars, broken back etc.

She has even crashed in a jet powered car few years ago but landed in some bushes.

One of her last tweets. RIP

I always find the last entries on social media of folks who meet an untimely and tragic demise to be absolutely surreal. It's a like perfect memory held indefinitely in suspension.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
This is really sad... I remember her from Mythbusters and Overhaulin

Btw, small correction for the op, she was 39.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
Weird, Richard Hammond (Top Gear/Grand Tour) who was in a coma for his own rocket car accident just recently announced he was doing a show with another former-Mythbuster, Tory Belleci.

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
Oh no.

This hurts. It's tough to actually process. Her importance to motorsport, especially women in motorsport, can't be overstated.

Last edited:

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
while its sad she died, at least she died being a total bad ass doing bad ass things she loved to do

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Those cars are terrifying. I remember Richard Hammond talking about his near-death crash in his first Top Gear episode after the crash.

Seems she died doing something she loved though, so good on her and RIP.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
edition.cnn.com

Race car driver Jessi Combs has posthumously been named the fastest woman on Earth by Guinness | CNN

Combs, who died the day of the attempt, broke the record by clocking a speed of 522.783 mph in a jet-powered car. She's the first person to break the record in more than 40 years, Guinness said.

Race car driver Jessi Combs was posthumously awarded the fastest land speed record by a female this week when Guinness World Records posted it that it counted her speed, meaning she officially broke the record.

Status
Not open for further replies.