• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Oscarzx n

May 24, 2018
Santiago, Chile
Until ten years ago licensed games were always a mixed bag, some an awful cash grab and sometimes solid games, especially in the 16 bit era, but they were rarely a high budget production being the highest priority of the developers. In the last few years fortunately, especially since the release of the Batman Arkham games the owner companies have noticed that they can make a lot of money with a videogame based on their series so we have been seeing plenty of AAA licensed games, like Alien Isolation, Spiderman for PS4, Injustice, Jedi Fallen Order, among others

So I would like to know which TV or movie IP's (or maybe book too) you think deserve a high budget videogame, personally I would really like to see videogames based on some of the better Dreamworks animation series, like an action game based on Kung Fu Panda, maybe open world, but especially an open world How to Train your Dragon game with some flying combat section with gameplay similar to Star Wars Rouge Squadron; these goes especially because these 2 series have had complementary tv series outside of the movies, so they do have side stories to tell and have the potential to offer an interesting plot outside of the movies, and because now there is the technology to have graphics relatively close to an animated CGI movie, as seen with Ratchet and Clank PS4, Spyro Re Ignated Trilogy or Luigi's Mansion 3

Last edited:

KodiakGTS

Jun 4, 2018
I 100% want a management sim or Stardew Valley type game set at Downton Abbey lol. I feel like most of those games are all about "oh hey you move to this new place to start over blah blah". Would be kind of fun to play as an established person/family just trying to keep things running or from falling apart.

Maybe the audience isn't big enough for it to be high budget though :P

For I guess a more traditional answer I feel like you could do a really good Jason Bourne action type franchise. Since Splinter Cell kind of went on hiatus I feel like there is definitely room in that genre.

Mar 31, 2018
Blacklist. I mean man, being Red, building some empire, seeing it collapse because lolwut and then rebuilding and collapsing and rebuilding

But you shoot people in a cool hat and it's voiced by James Spader. I am so up for it.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Stargate !

And vice versa, Mass Effect should have a big budget movie or TV show

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
TMNT for the love

Give me something by Netherrealm with godless amounts of money thrown at it

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
The Dreams game Four Seasons makes me really want a big budget Last Airbender game.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
Neither a TV show, nor a movie, but I think a game based on the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson would be rad

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I think Inception could work well as a video game.

Tons of action anime as well, I'd really like a Hellsing game with all his cool powers.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
AAA(A) - Open World RPG I'll wait for this till my last breath.

Lord-of-The-Rings.jpg

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
It could be slapstick action with destructible environments, like a cross between Red Faction: Guerrilla and Octodad

Yep, and I'd want the comic/cartoon art style for it. And it's got a vast array of villains and second string heroes to choose from. Chairface Chippendale! Brainchild! The Breadmaster! The Justly Compensated League of Superheroes!

Hikariixx

One Winged Slayer
Nov 19, 2020
Really think another Matrix game could be amazing. I feel like it deserves another go and even had the idea of it utilising the SSD in XSX/S/PS5 for seamless loading between the matrix and reality.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Books:
Dark Tower
Superman, the GOAT superhero deserves love.

TV:
Star Trek, just give me a big budget AAA SP RPG.(Essentially a Mass Effect clone with a lot less combat).

Movies:
Blade Runner.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
HBO shows: I'd love a Deadwood Red Dead style game or a Vice Principals Bully-style game.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I've always wanted a game based around The Rock. I thought the setting, goal and especially the music would have been great for a game adaptation.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Bioshock would make a great movie.

Edit: got it backwards.

Let's see, I'm still waiting for a really good Evangelion game.

Oct 31, 2017
And I mean the Last Airbender. Not fucking blue catpeople.

It's almost like that world was made for an action adventure with unlockable powers.

Nov 4, 2017
Not a movie or show, but the fact that nobody has made a tactics game based on the Mistborne universe is a crime against humanity.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
So many!!!
at Moment I am watching Vikings and playing AC Valhalla...
I really would like a more serious and cinematic AAA open world based on Vikings.

Bathory

Dec 8, 2020
I have a wishlist of IP's I would love to see as a game, some already had a chance, but needs something better

Anime
Evangelion
Berserk
Made in Abyss

Books
Dark Tower
Dune
Name Of The Wind: The Kingkiller Chronicle

Comics
Black Panther
Superman
Wonder-Woman

TV
Game Of Thrones
Rick and Morty
Supernatural
Scooby-Doo

Movies
Blade Runner
Godzilla
King Kong

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018
STARGATE !

It will never happen and that's such a waste and a tragedy.

F3EAFE572FA63CDF981CE49DC2EA45FE54606196

Also, 28 Days Later.

PTz_2M.gif

Last edited:

m0therzer0

Mobile Gaming Product Manager
Verified
Nov 19, 2017
San Francisco bay area
I 100% want a management sim or Stardew Valley type game set at Downton Abbey lol. I feel like most of those games are all about "oh hey you move to this new place to start over blah blah". Would be kind of fun to play as an established person/family just trying to keep things running or from falling apart.
Funny, I actually pitched something similar based on Downton Abbey at my last studio.

Personally, I'd love something like an mmorpg set on the Earth of either Blade Runner or Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, or a super 80's anime stylized Bubble Gum Crisis.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
And I mean the Last Airbender. Not fucking blue catpeople.

It's almost like that world was made for an action adventure with unlockable powers.
This one right here.

There's a lot of ip's out there that I think could be fun and cool, but there's nothing else that I believe would make a better game than Avatar.

The world is so rich with history, so well defined, and the action is so inspired and amazing. It's a real shame nobody has taken a serious crack at it.

Oct 26, 2017
The Lost Room! It would make an amazing game. Collecting and combing objects for different abilities while dodging the gangs and cults hunting you down for your objects.

MattEnth

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA
Avatar: The Last Airbender. Doesn't even need to be Aang and crew - just a game set in this world would be awesome.

John Wick's universe would also be great for games.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I would love a big budget game set in the Game of Thrones universe, similar in scale, aesthetic and story elements to the TV show. Something like Greedfall mixed with Skyrim and Cyberpunk. Where you start as someone high level in a given house (that you get to choose) and then you work your way through Westeros/Essos trying to not get killed and to make alliances or destroy other kingdoms. Large branching stories and side quests, lots of player agency and a deep lore as well.

Outside of the obvious stuff though (and sadly, that includes GoT), there are several great anime like Evangelion, Ghost in the Shell or Steins Gate that would also make for great worlds to create awesome games as well.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
An Avatar TLA Open-World RPG would be fantastic.

But on that note, we are LONG overdue for an open-world Daredevil action-adventure title with detective and courtroom side-missions.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
True Detective. L.A. Noire style, but obviously more creepy and supernatural-lite.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
For TV:
Stargate SG1 as a rainbow6 style tactical action game

Movies:
Truman Show - as a molynieux-style god game where you try to manipulate and control an initially clueless character in the dome city. Could be similar to the Experience / Experiment 112

Highlander as a character action game

The Game as a first person take on the EA game from the 90s Majestic, where you end up in the middle of a huge conspiracy (or do you?) and have to unravel it all before you do.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
I've always wanted a Star Trek Telltale style game. I'd also take an RPG but combat isn't really what I'm looking for.

They aren't movies or TV but I would really love to see some games based off Brandon Sanderson books and more specifically set in the Cosmere. The various magic systems and lore in that universe would make for some great games

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Jurassic Park
Blade Runner
The Punisher
Dr. Strange
Blade
The X-Files
Judge Dredd
Lord of the Rings

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
I loved the Animorphs book series and while a Game Boy game was made, it was a rubbish Pokemon ripoff. It'll never happen but a AAA open world title set in that universe would be amazing.

Aimi

self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 16, 2021
Y'know I have always fantasized about a Green Lantern full fledged open-world RPG with many different planets in the sector including Earth.
- Choose your own avatar, so rather than playing as an established character, play as the "new recruit" and customize your look and what species you play as but during the game you meet and team up with other lanterns.
- A progressive choice system so that no matter which Corp you start at it could change depending on your choices so you can start out Green but end up as (Black or White or Ultraviolet).
- Missions where you go to Earth to help the Justice League, or go to Apokolips, or need to stop Mongul and Warworld. There could be a War of Light or Blackest Night DLC. So many options.
- Level up to unlock more imaginative abilities with slots so you can have many different Ring constructs depending on the color, each with different perks and passive abilities and all are unique and each have their own uses so a lot of them are not completely same, but you can only activate certain at a time so it would work and not get overwhelming for the controls.

So to summarize - Space exploration, many planets. Decide a race to play, character customization. All the lantern colors so you could play the way you want and drive toward the color you'd like to play. Depending on the color the Ring could provide different Constructs you're capable of creating.

Likely won't ever happen but eh fun to spitball.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Regular Show deserves a side scrolling beat em up. Make it up to 4 players too. So many villains they can choose from for each stages.

Corgi

Oct 28, 2017
Northern, New Jersey
I think a game based off the 24 TV show would be pretty cool. I'm pretty sure one already exists. But given the right budget and developer, and it would be really cool!

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
For the life of me, I don't know how Sony hasn't done a AAA Ghostbusters title.

Apart from Ghostbusters - Three Musketeers (there was that rumor that Sucker Punch considered that timeframe before settling on Ghost), Thundercats, Blade Runner, Pirates of the Caribbean