• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
For All Mankind is Mad Men at NASA... until it isn't. Starts uneven but improves as it goes.
I will say the first episode or two are maybe a bit of a slow burn, but I definitely think it picks up and is paced quite nicely from that point forward (at least to where I'm at).

Edit: Oh god, that escalated quickly

Edit 2: And now done with the season. Damn, I cannot wait for season 2. What a show. Deserves way more praise than I feel like I've seen for it.

Last edited:

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
T-Mobile is giving away free six months of Quibi... was anything they actually released supposed to be worth a damn? Lol

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I started The Great last night on Hulu. Just one episode so far. That was hilarious. Looking forward to more.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Watched the 1st episode of Woke on Hulu. Solid start, will continue watching off the strength of Winston from New Girl.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
So I began watching For All Mankind, I'm four episodes in. You all weren't kidding, this show is great! I love it.

And I was surprised to see Joel Kinnaman. I finished watching Hanna not long ago and I thought he was good in it.

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Woke this morning. I really liked it. Overall the comedy worked well for me, and I am very interested in Keef Knight's (the MC) journey. Not crazy about the Workaholics guy or the time they devote to his character, but it's a minor gripe.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Just a reminder that Archer returns tonight for Season 11

200.gif

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Without spoilers because I'm catching up on The 100 in time for the finale, I'm 7 eps in, is there some reason why
Bellamy
is barely present? Was the actor doing other things or something?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I think I am gonna watch the last four episodes I got left of The Boys S1 and then start S1. Will catch up with Harley Quinn too now that it got renewed for S3. And probably binge watch Orphan Black since Tatiana Maslany got cast as She-Hulk. I should get around to Doom Patrol S2 as well honestly. All while I wait on Raised by Wolves to hit HBO Nordic.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
I just finished watching For All Mankind. It was so good! Thanks everyone for the recommendation. It's definitely in the best shows I've seen in 2020. I can't wait for season 2.

And there is so much stuff happening within these 10 episodes... If it had been any other show, all this content would have been spread over at least 3 seasons.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Just finished Woke on Hulu, overall though the season was solid , but felt in could have been more creative and funny in spots. A lot of the material they talk about dealing with race has been covered and they didn't really push the talking inanimate objects.

Keef's chemistry with his roommates is good, with Klovis providing a lot of jokes.

Also cool to see Rose McIver from iZombie pop up sporting her New Zealand accent

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the first episode of Devs - that was a pretty gripping start! Curious to see if it can keep up the momentum. Is it a limited series or is there expected to be more? Don't want to google - I always fear a returned article will spoil something.

Also most of the way through Perry Mason - been watching it with my fiance (pretty sure she enjoys it more than I do). I enjoy the acting, but I'm not entirely sold on the plot. We'll see how the season wraps.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Watched the first episode of Devs - that was a pretty gripping start! Curious to see if it can keep up the momentum. Is it a limited series or is there expected to be more? Don't want to google - I always fear a returned article will spoil something.

Also most of the way through Perry Mason - been watching it with my fiance (pretty sure she enjoys it more than I do). I enjoy the acting, but I'm not entirely sold on the plot. We'll see how the season wraps.
Devs is a miniseries

KingFox

May 17, 2018
Dropped Ratched after three episodes. I really like AHS and Screams Queens, for the most part anyways. Hell I even enjoyed Murphy's Hollywood, but man is this new show of his bad. I have a habit of finishing what I started but I'm not going to waste another five hours of my life on this.

On a whim gave The Kominsky Method a try and this is turning out to be a pleasant surprise. Really enjoying the first season. It's basically a sort of mix of Larry David on Curb Your Enthusiasm and Henry Winkler's bits on Barry.

People around here like to make fun of this show "that no one watches" whenever it grabs noms and even wins come award time, but I get it now. Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin are just great here.

Last edited:

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched the third episode of Ratched today and it was the first one I loved. I'm definitely watching the rest of the season.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Finished with Devs! I actually really liked it, though I think the pacing could've been a bit tighter.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Wow y'all, October is packed! (thread in a few days)

also Hallmark/Lifetime/HMC are going HAM with Christmas movies already

Aug 7, 2019
Series Getting Screen-time in September: 11

Big Brother 22 (First Juror Ian Terry Eviction Month)

Pokemon Journeys (Ash Captures Gengar/Raboot Evolution/World Coronation Series Entrance Month)

Ben 10 (Burn-Off of Non-Movie Specials Month)

Total DramaRama (Cody Becomes Cool Month)

DuckTales (Lena New Magic Form/Earth Penumbra Month)

Miraculous Ladybug (New Yorking Month)

Amphibia (Anne and Sprig Lost Mothers Scene/Temple Quest Unveiling and Leaving Newtopia Month)

The Simpsons (Season Premiere Month)

Family Guy (350th Episode/Season Premiere Month)

American Dad (300th Episode/Endpoint of Running Golden Turd Gag Month)

South Park (One Night Not Season 24 Pandemic Special Month)

October 2020: 6

The Walking Dead/Talking Dead

Teen Titans Go

Raven's Home

The Amazing Race

Spongebob

November 2020: 1

Animaniacs

Winter 2020: 1

Doctor Who

Maybe Before 2020 Ends: 1

Search Party

2021: 8

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist

Stargirl

Harley Quinn

Close Enough

Love Life

My Hero Academia

Better Call Saul

Survivor

On the Bubble: 2

Glitch Techs

Infinity Train

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019
-October Moving Complete-

I binge watched Static Shock all over for its 20th anniversary, lots of style and creativity and good natured quips, should be DC's norm...

Last edited:

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Continuing with The Bureau, the best show I've seen in a very long time. Now I'm halfway through season 3, and it's worse than season 2 but still extremely captivating. The semi-deep dive into ISIS/Daesh is truly fascinating. The worst part of the season is the slightly cheesy additions of interpersonal dramas at the bureau itself which is not too fitting of the show and its moods and themes.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I decided to give Ratched a try as I was a fan of early AHS and because I have been watching a lot of The Proper People video's featuring asylums and Psychiatric hospitals from the 40 and 50's. Setting wise it was very in my wheelhouse.

I was hesitant to try a new Ryan Murphy show because all his male actors always look the same and needless sex scenes and was still questioning if I should go on after the first episode but I ended up watching up until episode 6 so far.

It's an easy watch and it's shot very well with fantastic colors and great set pieces.

Sep 10, 2020
I watched the Boys S1...and I feel like I'm the only one on earth who doesn't like it.
The show has some really awesome ideas. The hyper-capitalist workplace hell idea is cool. And it's framing for sexual misconduct and stuff is really unflinching and commendable.

But man, I just didn't find it fun to watch. At all.

Some scenes are better than others, but basically every single scene in the show is a tense, awkward conversation, with the camera panning back and forth between characters. Like Jesus, every single scene. I just did not find it enjoyable, or captivating, or anything. For a superhero show, even one attempting to be deconstructionist, it has the least superhero action possible. Like, in 2 or 3 early episodes, there is no superhero action at all. I get that the show aims to make you uneasy, but every single conversation was so tense and uncomfortable I wished I was doing something else, especially when I knew it would just be that for the rest of the episode. Starlight, Hughie and Butcher are the only likable characters (except for Stewie, who is just poorly written). But Hughie is annoying at times and Butcher is unjustifiably self-destructive and poorly written too, imo. Annie is easily the only character I truly liked.

I think the cinematography is lazy and boring, especially since there's no fucking action until the last couple episodes.

Who knows, maybe I was just spoiled because I saw HBO's Watchmen a couple weeks before, which I would give a 10/10 to. Maybe The Boys' humor isn't for me, but other people somehow found it's trying-too-hard jokes and nothing characters funny. Maybe making Karl Urban wear cool outfits and spit one-liners in an overly accentuated accent just wore off much more quickly for me than anyone else. If I just wanted to see hour-long annoying, stressful conversations every night, I don't have to watch a fucking superhero TV show, I can just look at my family. Sorry guys, it really wasn't for me. Won't be watching S2.

Anyway, a couple episodes in on Lovecraft County. Decent so far.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I'll have to pick something else to start soon. Not really sure what I'll go with. At least some shows will be starting to return soon as well.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

TV in October 2020 - What are you watching?

this month is P A C K E D we got spooktacular programming for Halloween, prestige dramas, and the return of the internet's/world's favorite person - BABY YODA!!! ~ Recent Highlights ~ I May Destroy You - BBC/HBO P-Valley - Starz Teenage Bounty Hunters - Netflix ~ October Thursday, 1...