• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Dave on FXX feels like if Pete Holmes tried to make a straight forward Atlanta. It was pretty likable. Better than Breeders, for sure.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
i tried watched Altered Carbon S2 but can't get into it.

just started The Stranger.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't checked out breeders yet but I saw it wasn't getting great reviews. A shame as I like Freeman (wasn't he cancelled or something recently?) What were your thoughts?

It's sort of like a less funny Catastrophe. Hits a lot of the same marriage/parenting beats. If you've seen that show (and you really should if you haven't) then Breeders will feel kind of peripheral.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Finished watching Watchmen. I wasn't sure about liking it for a good chunk of it, I was lost and didn't get where this was all going. It ended up pleasantly surprising me, and solidly deliver a great story. You just have to be patient for it.
I'm also thankful about the awareness it brought to the Tulsa race massacre. That bit of history definitely needed to be told.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Dare Me Season Finale (perhaps series) is tonight. I hope the season doesn't end on a frustrating note in terms of answers. I have enjoyed some aspects of the show, but it hasn't quite hit a level that has really impressed me.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Dare Me Season Finale (perhaps series) is tonight. I hope the season doesn't end on a frustrating note in terms of answers. I have enjoyed some aspects of the show, but it hasn't quite hit a level that has really impressed me.

I hope it ends conclusively. I have no idea how they could get a second season out of this set up.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Watched 2 episodes of Dave, it was amusing at times but I didn't find it funny enough/interesting enough to keep it in rotation. Especially when March/April are jam-packed with shows. His voice is kinda whiny, but when he starts rapping its impressive.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't watched anything yet so no spoilers:

What was the verdict on if the finale of Dare Me seemed like a season or series finale?

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, interesting. Makes me think it must take a fairly different path than the novel. I still think I'll check it out some time even if that makes me more hesitant.

I'm curious to know how the novel ends but I don't want to spoil myself...

When Beth went to the apartment and was shocked she saw something at the crime scene, was that supposed to be the hamsa bracelet? Both Addy and Collette are moving sloppy either way.

I think so, yeah

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Caught up on the last couple episodes of Briarpatch. Plot is somewhat slow-moving, but still engaging to keep me watching. The show continues to be shot really well.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 3 of Dispatches from Elsewhere might be the best one yet. Sally Field was absolutely fantastic in that scene.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
The Mandalorian was a very pretty show. And that's pretty much all that it was.
Almost all of the episodes could have been cut to 15/20 minutes long and there'd have been no loss of information whatsoever.
It is such an empty show, no substance, and just eye-candy. I can't fathom the success it had other than to the fact it's tied to the Star Wars franchise.

A bummer, I really like me some Pedro Pascal. I'll probably keep on watching just for him tbh

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very much enjoying Dispatches from Elsewhere and Briarpatch. The cast in both are great, Dispatches especially. Hopefully both are finding some audience.

Dispatches from Elsewhere is unfortunately but unsurprisingly a total bomb; Briarpatch is doing okay.

Both are anthologies so at least when they get cancelled people won't be left hanging.

52club

Oct 27, 2017
I got a VPN working with netflix, are their any good sites for content available outside the US. Or if you have personal recommendations just PM me. TIA.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Finished the last season of Bojack, happy with how the series ended. It remains one of my favorite shows these past few years and perhaps my favorite Netflix original series.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
In these crazy times, spending so much time at home has forced us to start watching new shows.

One of them is Bosch, and I have to say I'm very pleasantly surprised by it (one more episode left of Season 1). It's obviously not the most original crime drama/police procedural, but Titus W. as the main character kicks ass, and pretty much all supportive roles are very catchy and well-written. The main story beats have been fun to watch as well, and I like how everything twists back or inbetween in a reasonable and logical way.

Hopefully the following seasons are just as good if not better!

The second new show we started watching is Norsemen on Netflix, a Norwegian viking parody. Some episodes in, it's quite hilarious and disgusting and as a Swede, I never stop chuckling at Norwegians speaking English in such a Norwegian way.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
The second new show we started watching is Norsemen on Netflix, a Norwegian viking parody. Some episodes in, it's quite hilarious and disgusting and as a Swede, I never stop chuckling at Norwegians speaking English in such a Norwegian way.
Norsemen is hilarious, especially if you have watched Vikings. Did you know the actors are all bi-lingual? They do something like 3 takes in Norwegian, then 1 take in English, which I'm sure gives them far more exposure to the international market.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Norsemen is hilarious, especially if you have watched Vikings. Did you know the actors are all bi-lingual? They do something like 3 takes in Norwegian, then 1 take in English, which I'm sure gives them far more exposure to the international market.

Didn't know that, fascinating! But I have to say, the semi-awkward English delivery adds to the hilarity of the show, so this is great :-)

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Mostly trying to finish F1 racing on Netflix and paradise PD as well.

Have to start Westworld at some point.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
When Sally Field mentioned her lawyer son in Albuquerque in yesterday's Dispatches From Elsewhere, I thought it was a Better Call Saul reference :3

TripOpt55

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Impulse Season 2 tonight only to find out it was cancelled šŸ™ Oh well.

I've been really enjoying Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist and LEGO Masters. The highlights of my TV week lately even though neither seems like something I'd typically go for (I mean I love LEGO, but never really watch reality TV).