• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Halfway through the year, so some best of TV so far lists - not sure what I would have at the top of my list yet

ew.com

The 12 best TV shows of 2021 (so far)

Halfway through 2021, EW's TV critics share their list of the best 12 TV shows of the year so far.

www.rollingstone.com

The Best TV Shows of 2021 So Far

'WandaVision,' 'Mare of Easttown,' 'The Underground Railroad,' and more make Alan Sepinwall's list of the 15 best TV shows so far this year

www.hollywoodreporter.com

The Hollywood Reporter’s Chief TV Critic Daniel Fienberg Picks the Best TV of 2021 (So Far)

Favorites from the first half of the year include Barry Jenkins’ latest opus, a delicious double dose of Jean  Smart and a Netflix docuseries about food and the Black diaspora.

www.vulture.com

The Best TV of 2021 (So Far)

We survey the high points of a sprawling television landscape, from lush cinematic dramas to fleet streaming comedies and all points in between.
Nothing comes close to The Underground Railroad.

One of the greatest miniseries of all time.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I hope The Magician hasn't run out of tricks, but after last week I'm getting the sense that's where we're heading…

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
On the second to last episode of Lisey's Story on Apple +

It's uh, not great lol. Definitely a case of something that probably shouldn't have been adapted due to all the constantly shifting flashbacks which completely disrupts the central conflict and tension pertaining to the Dooley character that's the antagonist. As captivating as Dane DeHaan's performance is, it isn't enough to save it. Clive Owen and Julianne Moore feel completely wasted here, Owen basically sleepwalks through his lines. There's some interesting imagery with the themes of water and the "Boo'ya Moon" (the hell at that name) dimension, but otherwise this is a hard pass. I've come this far though so at least willing to see it to the end.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently watching Blindspotting, and I think it's my favorite show of 2021. Not only is it a cool and authentic look at life in Oakland, but it's also a soulful and profoundly touching show. I hope it'll get another season, but I worry it won't. Still, I'm happy with this season though. This is a really wonderful series that surpasses the movie it's based on.