• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
We're at the halfway point of the year already! Any standouts thus far that you'd like to share with us? 🤔

~ Recent Highlights ~

Couples Therapy - Showtime

This docu series unlocks a hidden world: other people's relationships. Far from reality-show caricatures, this is true documentary filmmaking that brings viewers into the authentic and visceral experience of weekly therapy with several couples.

Girls5eva - Peacock

When a one-hit-wonder girl group from the 1990s gets sampled by a young rapper, its members reunite to give their pop star dreams one more shot -- this time while balancing spouses, kids, jobs, debt, aging parents, and shoulder pain.

The Nevers - HBO

Victorian women find themselves with unusual abilities, relentless enemies and a mission that may change the world.

The Underground Railroad - Amazon

After escaping a Georgia plantation, Cora boards a train embarking on a harrowing trip as she seeks true freedom while being hunted by a notorious slave catcher.

~

June Schedule

Tuesday, 1

America's Got Talent - NBC - 8/7c

LEGO Masters - Fox - 8/7c

The Haves and the Have Nots - OWN - 8/7c

Wednesday, 2

Kim's Convenience - Netflix - Final Season

Masterchef - Fox - 8/7c

Thursday, 3

Summertime - Netflix

The Gulf - Sundance Now

We Are Lady Parts - Peacock

Why Women Kill - Paramount+

Beat Shazam - Fox - 8/7c

Alone - History - 9:30/8:30c

Friday, 4

Dom - Amazon

Feel Good - Netflix - Final Season

Lisey's Story - Apple TV+

Sweet Tooth - Netflix

The Family Man - Amazon

Emergency Call - ABC - 8/7c

Sunday, 6

Celebrity Family Feud - ABC - 8/7c

Little Birds - Starz - 9/8c

The Chase - ABC - 9/8c

The Moodys - Fox - 9/8c

War of the Worlds - Epix - 9/8c

Domina - EPIX - 10/9c

To Tell the Truth - ABC - 10/9c

Monday, 7

Ms. Fisher's Modern Murder Mysteries - Acorn TV

The Bachelorette - ABC - 8/7c

Wednesday, 9

Loki - Disney+

Sistas - BET - 9/8c

Thursday, 10

Moloch - Sundance Now

Friday, 11

Flack - Amazon

Home Before Dark - Apple TV+

Love, Victor - Hulu

Lupin - Netflix

Trese - Netflix

Betty - HBO - 11/10c

Sunday, 13

Blindspotting - Starz - 9/8c

Tuca & Bertie - Adult Swim - 11:30/10:30c

Monday, 14

Rurangi - Hulu

The Republic of Sarah - The CW - 9/8c

Tuesday, 15

Workin' Moms - Netflix

Wednesday, 16

Card Sharks - ABC - 10/9c

Dave - FXX - 10/9c

Thursday, 17

Black Summer - Netflix

The Gift - Netflix - Final Season

iCarly - Paramount+

Intelligence - Peacock

Katla - Netflix

Record of Ragnarok - Netflix

Holey Moley - ABC - 9/8c

The Hustler - ABC - 10/9c

Friday, 18

Physical - Apple TV+

Elite - Netflix

So Not Worth It - Netflix

Sunday, 20

Evil - Paramount+

Kevin Can F**k Himself - AMC - 9/8c

Us - PBS - 9/8c

Rick & Morty - Adult Swim - 11/10c

Monday, 21

Sommerdahl Murders - Acorn TV

Tuesday, 22

David Makes Man - OWN - 9/8c

Motherland: Fort Salem - Freeform - 10/9c

Wednesday, 23

In the Dark - The CW - 9/8c

Thursday, 24

Godzilla Singular Point - Netflix

Innocent - Sundance Now

Jiva! - Netflix

The Good Fight - Paramount+

The Naked Director - Netflix

Making It - NBC - 8/7c

Good Girls - NBC - 9/8c

Friday, 25

Bosch - Amazon - Final Season

Central Park - Apple TV+

September Mornings - Amazon

Sex/Life - Netflix

The A List - Netflix

The Choe Show - FX - 10/9c

Monday, 28

The Seven Deadly Sins - Netflix

Wednesday, 30

Somos - Netflix

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
We Are Lady Parts - Peacock (Jun 3)

'We Are Lady Parts' is an anarchic and irreverent music comedy following a Muslim female punk band – called Lady Parts – who are on a mission to find a lead guitarist and maybe, just maybe, get a proper gig. The music comedy series shows the highs and lows of the band as seen through the eyes of Amina Hussein – a geeky microbiology PhD student, who is recruited to be their unlikely lead guitarist. Amina has never, ever met girls like this before, and soon gets swept up in their joyful, anarchic energy and punk spirit. Will she be the key to the band's success? And – will she finally find a husband?

Dom - Amazon (Jun 4)

'Dom' tells the story of Pedro, a handsome boy from Rio de Janeiro's middle class who is introduced to cocaine in his teen years, putting him on the path to becoming the leader of a criminal gang that dominated the tabloids in Rio in the early 2000s: Pedro Dom. Shifting between action, adventure and drama, Dom also follows Pedro's father Victor Dantas, who as a teenager, makes a discovery at the bottom of the sea, reports it to the authorities and ends up joining the police intelligence service. The series shows the journey of father and son living opposite lives, often mirroring and complementing each other, while both confront situations which blur the lines between right and wrong.

Lisey's Story - Apple TV+ (Jun 4)

Based on the novel by Stephen King, this terrifying thriller follows widow Lisey Landon as a series of disturbing events revives memories of her marriage to author Scott Landon and the darkness that plagued him.

Sweet Tooth - Netflix (Jun 4)

On a perilous adventure across a post-apocalyptic world, a lovable boy who's half-human and half-deer searches for a new beginning with a gruff protector.

Little Birds - Starz (Jun 6)

Based on Anaïs Nin's erotic short stories, 'Little Birds' follows New York heiress Lucy Savage fresh off the transatlantic steamer and ready for love and marriage in exotic climes. But when her husband Hugo does not receive her in the way she expected, she spins off into the surprising, diverse and degenerate world of Tangier in 1955. Period drama about an ingénue abroad this is not. Instead, 'Little Birds' is a modern tale of a woman losing and then finding herself down a mesmerizing rabbit hole. What Lucy discovers is a world in flux, a country quivering on the cusp of independence, populated by a myriad of characters including a provocative dominatrix, Cherifa Lamor who particularly captures Lucy's imagination. 'Little Birds' is a bold and subversive re-invention of melodrama for our times that takes the audience on a witty, moving and provocative journey towards freedom and independence.

Domina - EPIX (Jun 6)

'Domina' follows the extraordinary rise of Emperor Augustus Caesar's third wife, Livia Drusilla. The series will bring to life the exploits, affairs, and battles for political clout that surrounded this power couple who sat at the heart of the Roman Empire.

Loki - Disney+ (Jun 9)

'Loki' features the God of Mischief as he steps out of his brother's shadow in a new series that takes place after the events of 'Avengers: Endgame.'

Moloch - Sundance Now (Jun 10)

In a labyrinthine industrial seaside town in the north of France, random people spontaneously combust for no reason. Suicide? Murder? Supernatural phenomenon?

To investigate this mystery, Louise, an ambitious and troubled young journalist, joins forces with Gabriel, a respected psychiatrist who carries the grief of his son's death. Soon, six fiery letters start to turn up as graffiti on the city walls like a signature adjacent to the deaths: 'Moloch,' the ancient god of sacrifice. Louise and Gabriel must embark on a terrifying journey to the heart of their own personal hell, in order to get to the truth - at the risk of getting burned themselves.

Trese - Netflix (Jun 11)

When it comes to the supernatural, the cops have Alexanda Trese on speed dial. Set in Manila and based on the award-winning Filipino comic, 'Trese' brings horror folklore like you've never heard before.

Blindspotting - Starz (Jun 13)

'Blindspotting'" picks up six months after the film (of the same name) and centers on Ashley, who is nipping at the heels of a middle-class life in Oakland until Miles, her partner of 12 years and father of their son, is suddenly incarcerated, leaving her to navigate a chaotic and humorous existential crisis when she is forced to move in with Miles' mother and half-sister.

Rurangi - Hulu (Jun 14)

After skipping town a decade ago, transgender activist Caz Davis returns to the remote, politically divided dairy community of Rūrangi, hoping to reconnect with his estranged father, who hasn't heard from him since before Caz transitioned.

The Republic of Sarah - The CW (Jun 14)

The bucolic tranquility of Greylock, New Hampshire is upended when a massive vein of coltan - an incredibly valuable mineral used in tech - is discovered under the town. State-backed mining company Lydon Industries swoops in with plans to extract the mineral ... plans that include wiping Greylock off the map. With her friends and family in danger of losing their homes, rebellious high school teacher Sarah Cooper vows to stop Lydon's bulldozers. It won't be easy.

iCarly - Paramount+ (Jun 17)

'iCarly' - a new chapter for the most successful kids' sitcom of all time, where original cast members Miranda Cosgrove, Nathan Kress and Jerry Trainor join new friends for a look at these characters' present-day lives, adventures and comedic mishaps.

Katla - Netflix (Jun 17)

The catastrophic eruption of subglacial volcano Katla turns a nearby community's world upside down as mysteries begin to emerge from the ice.

Record of Ragnarok - Netflix (Jun 17)

Before eradicating humankind from the world, the gods give them one last chance to prove themselves worthy of survival. Let the Ragnarok battles begin.

Physical - Apple TV+ (Jun 18)

Sheila Rubin is a quietly tormented housewife in '80s San Diego, who, behind closed doors, battles extreme personal demons and a vicious inner voice. But things change when she discovers aerobics, sparking a journey toward empowerment and success.

So Not Worth It - Netflix (Jun 18)

These college students from all over the world seem to have nothing in common apart from the roof over their heads. But the everyday moments of laughter they share tell another story—perhaps they're really not that different after all.

Kevin Can F**k Himself - AMC (Jun 20)

The series follows the story of Allison McRoberts, a woman we all grew up believing we knew: the prototypical Sitcom Wife. She's beautiful and can take a joke (though she's usually the butt of them). And she's married to a guy who must've won some sort of marriage lottery, because she looks the way she does and he's... funny. But what happens when we follow Allison out of her husband's domain? When she finally wakes up to - and revolts against - the injustices in her life? 'Kevin Can F**K Himself' breaks television convention and blends multi-camera comedy with single-camera realism to make us ask: "who and what have we been laughing at all of these years?"

Us - PBS (Jun 20)

In a drama tinged with humor and heartbreak, Tom Hollander and Saskia Reeves play a couple who embark on a long-planned grand tour of Europe, despite the wife's wrenching proclamation that she wants to leave the marriage.

Godzilla Singular Point - Netflix (Jun 24)

Brought together by a mysterious song, a grad student and an engineer lead the fight against an unimaginable force that may spell doom for the world.

Jiva! - Netflix (Jun 24)

A street dancer juggling a dead-end job, family duties and a rocky love life realizes her moves are her ticket out of her working-class Durban township.

September Mornings - Amazon (Jun 25)

The five, 30-minute episodes tell the journey of Cassandra, who starts to see things get on track in her life with a place of her own for the first time, a boyfriend who she loves, Ivaldo, a job as a courier in downtown São Paulo, and fulfilling her dream of being a cover artist of Vanusa, a famous Brazilian singer from the 70s. Her life takes an unexpected turn, however, when her ex, Leide, shows up with Gersinho and claims he is Cassandra's son.

Sex/Life - Netflix (Jun 25)

zwc58Nq.png

A woman's daring sexual past collides with her married-with-kids present when the bad-boy ex she can't stop fantasizing about crashes back into her life.

The Choe Show - FX (Jun 25)

9bFqbOH.png

In 'The Choe Show,' world-renowned artist David Choe turns his eccentric, compassionate and disruptive worldview into a lens for an audience to experience a kind of radical empathy for others. From the walls of his childhood home, Choe takes his guests on a journey where he is both a motivational interviewer and compassionate listener. While using the acts of art and play, both Choe and his guests depart on a journey of shared emotional experience. It is through their bonded and authentic connection that Choe is able to bring forth an of-the-moment honesty to the portraiture he's creating.

Somos - Netflix (Jun 30)

Presenting a fictional mosaic of characters in the events leading up to the massacre that took place in the border town of Allende, Coahuila, in 2011, the series gives the point of view of the victims whose lives were forever altered in a tragedy that was sparked by a DEA operation gone awry.

Jul 4, 2019
Looks like there is not a whole lot for me this month. I may check out Kevin Can F**k Himself and Physical. Will wait to see if there is any other positive buzz for any others.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Black Summer
Sweet Tooth
Loki
The Nevers
War of The Worlds

That's my shortlist. My interest in these shows and others may lessen or increase depending on what people are saying.

William

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Katla look pretty great from that Trailer, hadnt heard of it before but will definitely check it out. Hopefully Sweet Tooth will be good, I loved the look of the trailer, fingers crossed!

In terms of recent highlights, Mare of Easttown finished today and was fantastic. Not much else on my Radar, but hopefully I will discover a couple of things I missed.

Us is pretty good if you like middle class family drama, I watched it last year I think, must have been on BBC.

Thanks as always for the thread Ratsky, always useful and very much appreciated!

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
tumblr_inline_psi1c06C3V1qkmj8e_1280.gif

I will say that 'Physical' sounds quite intriguing, but not enough for me to start paying for an Apple TV+ subscription after having it for free for fifteen (mostly uneventful…) months.

And thanks RatskyWatsky for all your hard work, again!

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
It looks like most of the new premium shows this month are on services we don't pay for, such as Domina (Epix), Physical (Apple), Evil (Paramount+) and Loki (Disney). We'll sub to Disney for July to catch up on Loki and their other recent shows.

June 4th - Sweet Tooth (Netflix), if the reviews are OK.
June 17th - Katla (Netflix), looks very interesting.
June 17th - Black Summer (Netflix), first season was quite average, hopefully this one is better.
June 20th - Kevin Can F**k Himself (AMC), not sure about this one yet, may give it an ep or two but if the humor is really forced I'll bail.
June 20th - Us (PBS), it's only two parts, count me in for the scenery.

Recent highlights for me have been Castlevania, and I started Taskmaster from Season 1 (free on YT) which is hilarious. We've just started Nevers too, and will get to Mare of Easttown shortly. Ragnarok S2 and Invincible (Amazon) are also high on my to-see list.

Thanks for the excellent topic as usual, Ratsky.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
Loki and Physical for sure. May check out Kevin can f**k himself because of Annie Murphy. As for returning shows, definitely Kim's Convenience and may finally check out Evil.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Loki - It looks kind of weak from the trailers, but I'll give it a try.
Physical - I like her in most anything, except for that Seth Rogen movie.
Lisey's Story - Julianne Moore + Stephen King, excellent.
Katla - Looks Fortitude-ish.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
Physical, Kevin Can F**k Himself, Dave, should probably get around to the first season of Evil, I guess Loki

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Being a quiet Monday I went to check out the films in my watchlists on various services, and a bunch of them were gone (HBO Max and Amazon), or are pay-only now (Amazon). Sigh. These services could really do better with notifying users.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
A lot of stuff this month I'm interested in, still have shows from the tail end of May I want to check out as well.

Loki
Lupin Part 2
Betty Season 2
Dave Season 2
Rick and Morty

Curious about Kevin Can F HImself, if they are able to nail the concept and tone.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Being a quiet Monday I went to check out the films in my watchlists on various services, and a bunch of them were gone (HBO Max and Amazon), or are pay-only now (Amazon). Sigh. These services could really do better with notifying users.

Yeah, that is an issue. HBO Max has the last chance section in their browser, which might be the only service that does that. I know I watched Mortal Kombat: Scorpion's Revenge and X: Men Dark Phoenix because they were leaving at the end of the month.

Also whenever those coming to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon this month articles drop, they usually also post what is leaving. A good resource to prioritize what might be on your watchlist or see something you didn't realize was even streaming.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Finishing off Season 6 of Fear the Walking Dead (possibly one of the better seasons of TWD franchise, honestly... just gotta slog through some of the worst seasons to get there...)

Then on to Loki. I've been slowly binging my way through The Blacklist on Netflix, too. Pretty fun show and it's in 4K.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Lupin, Betty, and Kevin Can F**k Himself for sure. I've been enjoying a lot of the international stuff on the streamers lately so going to give Trese and Dom a shot too.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, this is a huge month with some of the best shows in years coming back! As always, thank you for your effort here RatskyWatsky !

WATCH DAVE!

Tuesday, 1

LEGO Masters - Fox - 8/7c
Season 1 of this was enjoyable comfort food.

Friday, 4
(Lisey's Story - Apple TV+)
Intrigued; maybe pile.

(Sweet Tooth - Netflix)
Same. Heard good things about the comic.

Sunday, 6
The Moodys - Fox - 9/8c
Cancelled, but still want to finish out the show. Surprisingly enjoyable, cast had good chemistry.

Wednesday, 9
Loki - Disney+
After the disappointing two previous Marvel shows (search your feelings), our main man and one of the few good villains (anti-heroes?) in the MCU gets his time to shine. I expect big things.

Friday, 11
Betty - HBO - 11/10c
Skate Kitchen is a masterpiece. Season 1 was a masterpiece. After missing NYC during the pandemic, I can think of nothing better than spending time meandering around it with this crew.

Saturday, 12
The Owl House - Disney Channel
Season one was a pleasant surprise. Looking forward to where this one goes.

Sunday, 13
(Tuca & Bertie - Adult Swim - 11:30/10:30c)
I need to catch up on the previous stuff. Heard it was good? Trailers haven't done much for me.

Wednesday, 16
Dave - FXX - 10/9c
The pandemic's best show (yes, better than TED LASSO, shut up) returns. Dave resonated with me in a way few things ever have. Funny, heartfelt, charming, it totally rose from puerile beginnings to become something special. I have no idea how they'll be able to keep that momentum going into Season 2, but I literally can't wait to find out. The "anteater" promo from last week is incredible, check it out if you haven't. If I made an OP for this show would anyone post in it?

Sunday, 20
Kevin Can F**k Himself - AMC - 9/8c
Been looking forward to this, premise is great.

Rick & Morty - Adult Swim - 11/10c
It's Rick & Morty. Even when bad it's still interesting and weird.

Friday, 25
Central Park - Apple TV+
Apple TV's secret best show, Loren Bouchard's secret best show (weeeeelllll it depends on how much credit you give him for Home Movies), I had NO IDEA this was returning this month. Can't. Freakin'. Wait. If you like HAMILTON this show features many of the best cast members being hilarious... while singing.

The Choe Show - FX - 10/9c
Don't know anything about this but it's on FX so I will check it out. FX, HBO (linear, not MAX) and to a somewhat lesser extent AMC have earned that status for me.

WATCH DAVE!

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019
June 2021 Day to Day Schedule: (Complete)

June 1st: (Complete Nothingness)

June 2nd: (Complete Nothingness)

June 3rd: Wipeout Season 1A Finale "Now You Cena, Now You Don't". (Complete)

June 4th: (Complete Nothingness)

June 5th: My Hero Academia "Operation New Improv Moves" and Dr. Stone "Full Assault". (Complete)

June 6th: (Complete Nothingness)

June 7th: American Dad "Dancin' A-With My Cells". (Complete)

June 8th: (Complete Nothingness)

June 9th: (Complete Nothingness)

June 10th: (Complete Nothingness)

June 11th: (Complete Nothingness)

June 12th: My Hero Academia "Foresight" and Dr. Stone "Steam Gorilla". (Complete)

June 13th: (Complete Nothingness)

June 14th: American Dad "Mused and Abused". (Complete)

June 15th: (Complete Nothingness)

June 16th: (Complete Nothingness)

June 17th: iCarly Series Premiere "iStart Over", iCarly "iHate Carly", and iCarly "iFauxpologize". (Complete)

June 18th: (Complete Nothingness)

June 19th: My Hero Academia "Match 3" and Dr. Stone "Prison Break". (Complete)

June 20th: Rick and Morty Season 5 Premiere "Mort Dinner Rick Andre". (Complete)

Saw Pixar's Luca and Teen Titans Go! See Space Jam Promotional Event

June 21st: Miraculous Ladybug Season 4 Premiere "Truth" and American Dad "Henderson". (Complete)

June 22nd: Miraculous Ladybug "Lies". (Complete)

June 23rd: Miraculous Ladybug "Gang of Secrets". (Complete)

June 24th: iCarly "iGot Your Back" and Miraculous Ladybug "Mr. Pigeon 72". (Complete)

June 25th: Miraculous Ladybug "Furious Fu". (Complete)

June 26th: Miraculous Ladybug "Sole Crusher", My Hero Academia "Match 3 Conclusion", and Dr. Stone "Secret Mission". (Complete)

June 27th: Rick and Morty "Mortyplicity". (Complete)

June 28th: American Dad "Hot Scoomp". (Complete)

June 29th: (Complete Nothingness)

June 30th: (Complete Nothingness)

Total Premieres For June 2021: 27

Last edited:

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Lisey's Story, Sweet Tooth, Loki, Blindspotting, Katla, Physical, and Kevin Can Fuck Himself are the new shows that catch my eye. Not sure which of them I'll actually check out, but not a bad slate of potential new shows by any means.

Thanks for the thread as always!

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sad but true. Despite Dave S1 being a huge breakout success for FX…

And I'll seek out what I missed of Tuca!

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched We Are Lady Parts on Peacock in one go. I thought it was a really enjoyable and breezy binge (6 x 22ish minute episodes).

Peacock's got a nice little "Women in music" thing going on with this and Girls5eva. Hope both get renewed.

SanderGT

Banned
Apr 24, 2021
Late night thoughts: Was the showrunner for Married with Children a white nationalist?

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Finished Lucifer S 5 Part 2 last night. Really thought this back half of episodes was really good and it hit some emotional highs for me I didn't see coming. By now the cast is really clicked in and I just enjoy seeing them interact.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
For me, it'll be to start up on Mare of Easttown (if time allows), Lupin part 2, Bosch (<3), finishing off seasons 5 and 6 of Line of Duty (fantastic show!), and if reviews/impressions are good, Lisey's Story. And last but not least, continue with the excellent Mr. Inbetween (episode 1 was killer, episode 2 was slightly less so).

Mar 4, 2021
Berlin, Germany
Finally started Lupin. Didn't want to have a huge break in it. The first episode is pretty slow and confusing in the beginning. I thought how during it "How can you be this stupid?".
Granted I didn't know book Lupin before.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lego Masters
Masterchef
To Tell the Truth
Loki (I'm most excited for this one)
Lupin
The Hustler (I love this show and I'm glad it got another season. It's a quiz show with a social deduction element)

I'm also way into Crime Scene Kitchen, which started at the very end of May. It's a show where teams are given three minutes to investigate a kitchen where a dessert was recently baked. Based on that three minute investigation, they have to decide what the dessert was and recreate it as closely as possible. They're then judged on who got closest to the mystery dish, and how good it tastes.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone watching Panic on Amazon Prime? I'm kinda interested but the Does The Dog Die site indicates there are some dead animals in the series which is usually a no for me. And something about a rapid dog. I was hoping someone here who watched it could she'd some light on these aspects, please feel free to spoiler tag. Thank you.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Late, but just finished Money Heist Part 1 on Netflix. The first 13 episodes. Series is entertaining, but mixes a lot of soap style fukkery to keep things spinning. That said, some of the characters did really pop for me and I'm curious to see how things progress, considering the way Part 1 ended. I have some other shows I want to check out before I move to Part 2 though. Kinda made me want to pick up learning Spanish again.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Lucifer, rewatching season 5 part 1 this weekend then part 2 (new drop) when we finish

watched Debris earlier, was pretty mediocre and show was cancelled a day or two after I started lol

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Finished up Love, Death & Robots Vol 2 on Netflix. Didn't realize how short it was. The animation was on point for pretty much all of the episodes, but some of the stories could have benefited from being longer. Still glad it will return for another volume though.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Reviews for Kevin can F Himself, don't seem so hot.

ew.com

Sitcom-wife satire 'Kevin Can F**K Himself' puts style over substance

Annie Murphy stars as a desperately unhappy sitcom wife in AMC's 'Kevin Can F**K Himself,' but EW's critics aren't loving this marriage of multi-cam comedy and dark drama.

tvline.com

Kevin Can F**k Himself Review: AMC’s Suffocating Satire Isn’t Joking Around

AMC's 'Kevin Can F**k Himself' wastes an intriguing concept by mixing hacky sitcom antics with a crushingly grim tone — read our review.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Physical reviews make it sound like an unpleasant watch, sadly.

www.avclub.com

Apple TV Plus’ Physical has a lot of issues to work out

A dark comedy of the black hole variety, Apple TV+'s Physical stars the flawless Rose Byrne as Sheila, a miserable San Diego 1981 housewife with an internal monologue so vicious, you wonder how she garners the strength to walk around.

www.google.com

‘Physical’ Misuses Rose Byrne in a Too-Harsh ’80s Black Comedy: TV Review

Rose Byrne stars in this dark '80s satire set in the world of aerobics

Also, the final 8 in Treatment episodes will drop early. I'll still watch them once per week. First week was slow but I liked the second week a lot more. I thought it was a lot more engaging.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Physical reviews make it sound like an unpleasant watch, sadly.

www.avclub.com

Apple TV Plus’ Physical has a lot of issues to work out

A dark comedy of the black hole variety, Apple TV+'s Physical stars the flawless Rose Byrne as Sheila, a miserable San Diego 1981 housewife with an internal monologue so vicious, you wonder how she garners the strength to walk around.

www.google.com

‘Physical’ Misuses Rose Byrne in a Too-Harsh ’80s Black Comedy: TV Review

Rose Byrne stars in this dark '80s satire set in the world of aerobics

Also, the final 8 in Treatment episodes will drop early. I'll still watch them once per week. First week was slow but I liked the second week a lot more. I thought it was a lot more engaging.

Guess I'll skip this one. I, Tonya was good at least, in addition to being unpleasant.

I don't know why anyone casts Paul Sparks as a love interest after House of Cards. He's like anti-charisma.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Epix had a free weekend so I binged S2 of Pennyworth. It wasn't quite as good as S1 imo. Most eps could have lost 5+ minutes from their 50-55 min running time, and it lacked the freshness of S1 which had that excellent alt-history vibe. I see the reviews on RT are a little lower, which seems about right.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
I decided to watch Lupin since the second part is beginning in a few days. It's entertaining but it feels like the show would work a lot better in an era before CCTV and social media.

Still, I'll watch Part 2.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Ragnarok S2 was excellent. The relationship between Magne and Laurits was done really well, except for Laurit's very sudden

"I instantly love my father after previously hating the family until now."

which happened way too quickly.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Started watching Southside on HBO Max after hearing good things about it. Show is really funny. I slept on it when it originally aired on Comedy Central, so I'm glad HBO Max picked it up and it will be back for a second season. It has some of the same creative people behind Sherman's Showcase, which is another really funny show that doesn't get enough attention for how good it is.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Starstruck on HBO Max here in the US.

Really lovely show! Rose Matafeo is wonderfully charismatic and its really her show. Like many comedian vehicles, she's playing a bit of a hot mess who's just living life when she encounters a ridiculous situation, aka falling in love with a charismatic movie star. I'm also watching Feel Good on Netflix, and its interesting to compare the two.

Both shows are comedies about relationships and the eccentricities of their lead characters. But, while Feel Good tries to delve into the trauma and baggage of their leads, Starstruck...doesn't? It seems more content to be a breezy funny comedy instead of leaning into darker dramatic elements, which is fine. Another thing that sets the two apart is the way the main couple is developed. In Starstruck, the show's focus is on Matafeo, which means we don't get a sense of who Patel's character is. He's a movie star who is attractive and kind of annoyed with his fame, but beyond that, he doesn't get developed. Comparatively, we spend a lot of time with George and Mae on Feel Good, enough so that we get a better sense of these characters are on their own. Simply put, I like George and Mae but on Starstruck, I only like Matafeo's character, Jessie.

All in all, the show is 6 episodes long with each one running 20minutes. It's a breezy sweet tale. Plus, its been renewed for Series 2!

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Feel Good, I finished it.

I really really enjoyed it. It's a show about two characters, Mae (Mae Martin) and George (Charlotte Ritchie). George is ostensibly straight, but she meets Mae, sparks fly, and the two are on their way to coupledom. The chemistry between Mae Martin and Charlotte Ritchie is what really sells the show. The two play off one another very easily, and they really bring their characters to life. Mae's a mess, but she's a lovable mess. Similarly, George is restrained, but when she's around Mae, she loosens up and you can see what made Mae fall in love with her. The side characters, as well, are great. Lisa Kudrow and Adrian Lukis are memorable as Mae's hypervigilant, neurotic, and loving parents, and the folks who form the NA group and comedy club members are also very fun and interesting in their own way.

Unforutunately, the show's quality wasn't good enough to give it a long run, so the two seasons of the show feel very different. The first season of the show is focused on George coming out and Mae's issues with substance abuse. There's talk about how Mae and George may not be meant for one another, and how George's upbringing is partially responsible for her commitment issues. Mae struggles with staying sober, enough to work with a sponsor. But then, in Season 2, most of that is thrown out of the window. George and Mae don't second-guess their relationship. Mae is good enough at staying sober that she no longer needs NA or a sponsor. More time is spent on Mae's trauma and what exactly is fueling her newest round of eccentricities. Its a bit of a jump, but I feel like had the show had more time, it would have more naturally reached the topics it covers in S2. I suppose I can't really complain, better a S2 that feels slightly unnatural than no S2 at all, but I do wish there were an expanded episode order or just more of the show. The show's world and cast of characters is wonderful, and the fact is that I just want to spend more time with them. But I digress. The show is ultimately great as is, and it deserves a spot in your Netflix watchlist.