• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Things are super light this month so catch up on a classic or play some games or something idk. Read!

~ Recent Highlights ~

Bonding - Netflix

Tiff is a grad student in New York City who is moonlighting as a dominatrix. For Tiff, her sexually explicit job is a business, not a pleasure. When she reconnects with former high school BFF Pete, a recently out gay man, she recruits the cash-strapped man to be her assistant -- performing such tasks as cleaning up after her clients and serving as her bodyguard. This dark comedy follows the unlikely pair as Tiff and Peter's new professional relationship redefines their friendship. More importantly, though, it helps them find themselves.

Gomorrah - HBO MAX

Set in the suburbs of Naples, Italy, the crime drama goes inside the Camorra, a fierce Neapolitan crime organization led by Pietro Savastano. The story is told through the eyes of Don Pietro's right-hand man, Ciro Di Marzio, whose faith in the family is tested when he realizes how far Don Pietro is willing to go to keep his power. Despite his feelings, Ciro feels an obligation to obey Don Pietro's orders when he tasks his underling with protecting his son Genny, who is being groomed to take Don Pietro's place while the elder Savastano is serving a lengthy prison sentence.

Lupin - Netflix

A retelling of the classic French story about Arsène Lupin, the world-famous gentleman thief and master of disguise.

~

February

Monday, 1

The Investigation - HBO - 10/9c

Wednesday, 3

Firefly Lane - Netflix

Reset - Vice - 10/9c

Thursday, 4

The Murders - Sundance Now

Friday, 5

Hache - Netflix

Invisible City - Netflix

Little Coincidences - Amazon

Sunday, 7

Devil May Care - Syfy

Harrow - Hulu

The Equalizer - CBS - 10/9c

Monday, 8

Balthazar - Acorn TV

Black Lightning - The CW - 9/8c

Wednesday, 10

Tough as Nails - CBS - 8/7c

Thursday, 11

Capitani - Netflix

Clarice - CBS - 10/9c

Sunday, 14

Cherries Wild - Fox - 7/6c

Bless the Harts - Fox - 7:30/6:30c

American Idol - ABC - 8/7c

The Simpsons - Fox - 8/7c

Bob's Burgers - Fox - 9/8c

Men in Kilts - Starz - 9/8c

Family Guy - Fox - 9:30/8:30c

The Luminaries - Starz - 9:30/8:30c

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver - HBO - 11/10c

Momma Named Me Sheriff - Adult Swim - 12/11c

Monday, 15

The Crew - Netflix

Tuesday, 16

Bad Habits, Holy Orders - Hulu

Queen Sugar - OWN - 8/7c

Young Rock - NBC - 8/7c

Kenan - NBC - 8:30/7:30c

The Black Church: This is Our Story, This is Our Song - PBS - 9/8c

The Oval - BET - 10:30/9:30c

Wednesday, 17

Behind Her Eyes - Netflix

Good Trouble - Freeform - 10/9c

Thursday, 18

It's A Sin - HBO MAX

Playing for Keeps - Sundance Now

Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan - Netflix

Friday, 19

El Internado: Las Cumbres - Amazon

For All Mankind - Apple TV+

Tell Me Your Secrets - Amazon

Tribes of Europa - Netflix

Sunday, 21

When Calls the Heart - Hallmark - 9/8c

Monday, 22

Beartown - HBO MAX

Tuesday, 23

Superman & Lois - The CW - 8/7c

Wednesday, 24

Ginny & Georgia - Netflix

Snowfall - FX - 10/9c

Baroness von Sketch Show - IFC - 12/11c

Thursday, 25

High-Rise Invasion - Netflix

Punky Brewster - Peacock

Sunday, 28

The Walking Dead - AMC - 9/8c

Talking Dead - AMC - 10/9c

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
The Investigation - HBO (Feb 1)

Explores the complex real-life investigation surrounding the 2017 murder of Swedish journalist Kim Wall, which made international headlines around the world as one of the most notorious criminal cases in Danish media history.

Firefly Lane - Netflix (Feb 3)

Tully and Kate meet as young girls on Firefly Lane and become inseparable best friends through 30 years of ups and downs. Based on the bestselling novel by Kristin Hannah.

Reset - Vice (Feb 3)

How serious do you wanna get? From the US military using video game technology to treat PTSD (and recruit teenagers), to the "losers" of the esports hustle, to what happens when a multi-billion dollar franchise notices that black players are modifying their game, to uncovering a lost '90s arcade game that could have been a hit, but instead was almost lost forever—Dexter Thomas takes us behind the industry hype, and meets the people who have changed the ways we play.

The Murders - Sundance Now (Feb 4)

The series revolves around Kate Jameson, a rookie homicide detective in Vancouver whose negligence resulted in a fellow officer's death. Now, she's seeking redemption in her investigations alongside Detective Nolan Wells.

Invisible City - Netflix (Feb 5)

While investigating a murder, a detective is drawn into a battle between the visible world and an underground realm inhabited by mythical creatures.

Devil May Care - Syfy (Feb 7)

A millennial named Beans finds himself in Hell with NO idea why. While meeting with the Devil upon his arrival, they quickly figure out that Beans' job from his earthly days translate perfectly into the Hell-esphere. Just like that, Beans becomes the Devil's newest Social Media Manager, since online buzz is exactly what Hell's been missing. The two form the most unlikely friendship, and together, while juggling Devil's staff and family, they will surely get Hell trending!

The Equalizer - CBS (Feb 7)

A reimagining of the classic series starring Queen Latifah as Robyn McCall, an enigmatic woman with a mysterious background who uses her extensive skills to help those with nowhere else to turn.

Capitani - Netflix (Feb 11)

In a Luxembourg village where everyone is keeping secrets, gruff police inspector Luc Capitani investigates the suspicious death of a 15-year-old girl.

Clarice - CBS (Feb 11)

Set one year after the events of The Silence of the Lambs, join Agent Clarice Starling in this new psychological thriller that takes a deep dive into her untold personal story. The series will bring you along as she returns to the field in pursuit of serial murderers and sexual predators while navigating the high stakes political world of Washington, D.C.

Cherries Wild - Fox (Feb 14)

This fast-paced half-hour game show will feature two rounds of pop culture trivia gameplay – during which a team of two contestants will try and "Solve the Slots" in hopes of getting one step closer to winning the $250,000 jackpot. At the end of each episode, when they spin the reels on the enormous slot machine, contestants will attempt to capture all five Wild Cherries to win the ultimate prize.

Men in Kilts - Starz (Feb 14)

The journey takes viewers from the heart of Scotland at Glencoe, the site of a great massacre and major clan feud to Inverness and the Culloden battlefield, the site of a great battle and historic turning point, known well to fans of "Outlander," that molded Scotland as we know it today.

The Luminaries - Starz (Feb 14)

Adventure mystery set in the 1860's in New Zealand, where all the aspects that make a good drama come together. Follow the love and revenge as men and women travel the world making their fortunes.

The Crew - Netflix (Feb 15)

'The Crew' stars Kevin James as the crew chief for a NASCAR team. When the owner steps down and passes the team off to his daughter, James has to protect himself and his crew from her attempts to modernize the team.

Bad Habits, Holy Orders - Hulu (Feb 16)

A reality series which follows a Catholic convent as it takes in five raucous, selfie-obsessed party girls.

Young Rock - NBC (Feb 16)

'Young Rock' focuses on different chapters of Dwayne Johnson's life. From growing up in a strong and resilient family, to being surrounded by the wild characters of his professional wrestling family, to playing football at the University of Miami, the show will explore the crazy rollercoaster that has shaped Dwayne into the man he is today and the larger-than-life characters he's met along the way.

Kenan - NBC (Feb 16)

In the series, Kenan strives to be a super dad to his two adorable daughters, while balancing his job and a father-in-law who "helps" often in the most unhelpful ways. Kenan's got a lot to juggle, but if anyone can do it, he can!

The Black Church: This is Our Story, This is Our Song - PBS (Feb 16)

Retrace the 400-year-old-story of the Black church in America with Henry Louis Gates, Jr., exploring its role as the site of African American organizing, resilience, autonomy, freedom and solidarity. Participants include gospel legend Yolanda Adams, Presiding Bishop Michael Curry of The Episcopal Church, singers Jennifer Hudson and John Legend, Rev. Al Sharpton, scholar Cornel West, and Oprah Winfrey.

Behind Her Eyes - Netflix (Feb 17)

A single mom becomes entangled in a twisted mind game when she begins an affair with her psychiatrist boss while bonding with his mysterious wife.

It's A Sin - HBO MAX (Feb 18)

Buckle up! The latest masterpiece from the creator of Queer As Folk (UK) is as devastating as it is endearing. A heartfelt chronicle of young friends navigating the joys, heartbreak, and outlandish parties that await them amidst an epidemic in 1980s London.

Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan - Netflix (Feb 18)

A popular manga creator becomes enmeshed in paranormal events while conducting research: Stand User Kishibe Rohan visits Italy, goes bankrupt and more.

El Internado: Las Cumbres - Amazon (Feb 19)

One of the most successful series on the Spanish scene is back. In this new beginning of the Boarding School, we have complex plots, conflicting characters, disturbing atmospheres and greater doses of terror. Are you ready to enter El Internado again?

Tell Me Your Secrets - Amazon (Feb 19)

Emma is ready to start her new life in witness protection. When Mary, a mother searching for her missing daughter, discovers that Emma might be responsible for her daughter's disappearance she hires an ex-serial predator to track Emma down. And no one is safe.

Tribes of Europa - Netflix (Feb 19)

The future is not what you expected. The 2074 Europe is split into many Tribal states fighting for dominance. The three siblings Kiano, Liv, and Elja get caught in the middle of this bloody war and are forced to forge their own paths.

Beartown - HBO MAX (Feb 22)

A five-episode drama series from Sweden which explores the hopes that bring a small community together, the secrets that tear it apart, the courage it takes for an individual to go against the group and the consequences of how we raise our children. With a small-town Swedish junior ice-hockey team having a shot at winning the national semi-finals, all the dreams of the locals now rest on the shoulders of a handful of teenage boys. This heavy burden becomes the catalyst for a violent act that will leave a young girl traumatized and a town in turmoil. Accusations are made, and like ripples on a pond, they travel through Beartown, leaving no resident unaffected.

Superman & Lois - The CW (Feb 23)

The Man of Steel and Metropolis' famous journalist, Lois Lane, come face to face with one of their greatest challenges ever - parenthood.

Ginny & Georgia - Netflix (Feb 24)

Hoping for a fresh start, teenager Ginny and her mother, Georgia, settle in a new town. But the secrets in Georgia's past may jeopardize their future.

High-Rise Invasion - Netflix (Feb 25)

High school student Yuri Honjo finds herself lost in an "abnormal space" where countless skyscrapers are connected by suspension bridges and "masked figures" mercilessly slaughter their confused and fleeing victims. To survive in this hellish world, she has two choices: kill the masked figures or be killed. Yuri is determined to survive in order to destroy this irrational world, but what will be her ultimate fate?

Punky Brewster - Peacock (Feb 25)

In this continuation of the iconic 80s sitcom about a bright young girl raised by a foster dad, Punky is now a single mother of three trying to get her life back on track when she meets Izzy, a young girl in the foster system who reminds Punky a lot of her younger self.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Tribes of Europa - I'll take some of this pulpy sci-fi, thank you very much.

Behind Her Eyes - Kinda interested in this.

Ginny & Georgia - Sure, why not?

Clarice - As a mega Hannibal fan I have to at least give this a glance, seems so ill conceived.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Oof. First month in a while there's not a single show I'm interested in.

Aug 7, 2019
February 2021 Day to Day Schedule: (Complete)

February 1st: Weakest Link Season 1 Finale "Who Is About to Be Ghosted By This Show?". (Complete)

February 2nd: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist "Zoey's Extraordinary Trip". (Complete)

February 3rd: (Complete Nothingness)

February 4th: (Complete Nothingness)

February 5th: (Complete Nothingness)

February 6th: Teen Titans Go "Butter Wall", Total DramaRama "A Fish Called Leshawna", and Assassination Classroom "Karma Time/2nd Period". (Complete)

February 7th: (Complete Nothingness)

February 8th: (Complete Nothingness)

February 9th: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist Winter Finale "Zoey's Extraordinary Reckoning". (Complete)

February 10th: (Complete Nothingness)

February 11th: (Complete Nothingness)

February 12th: (Complete Nothingness)

February 13th: Teen Titans Go "BBRAEBDAY", Total DramaRama "Double Oh Beth", and Assassination Classroom "Takaoka Time". (Complete)

February 14th: (Complete Valentine's Day Nothingness)

February 15th: (Complete Nothingness)

February 16th: (Complete Nothingness)

February 17th: (Complete Nothingness)

February 18th: (Complete Nothingness)

February 19th: (Complete Nothingness)

February 20th: Teen Titans Go "Don't Press Play", Total DramaRama "Duncan Duty", and Assassination Classroom Season 1 Finale "Nagisa Time". (Complete)

February 21st: The Simpsons "Diary Queen" and Family Guy "Boy's Best Friend". (Complete)

February 22nd: DuckTales "Beaks in the Shell!". (Complete)

February 23rd: (Complete Nothingness)

February 24th: Saw Sonic the Hedgehog Movie on Hulu

February 25th: Scooby Doo and Guess Who "Dark Diner of Route 66!", Close Enough Season 2 Premiere "Josh Gets Shredded/Meet the Frackers", Close Enough "Sauceface/Houseguest From Hell", Close Enough "Joint Break/Cyber Matrix", Close Enough "Haunted Couch/Man Up", Close Enough "Handy/Birthdaze", Close Enough "Time Hooch/World's Greatest Teacher", Close Enough "Where'd You Go, Bridgette?/The Erotic Awakening of A.P. LaPearle", and Close Enough Season 2 Finale "Men Rock!/Secret Horse". (Complete)

February 26th: Saw Tom and Jerry Movie on HBO Max

February 27th: Teen Titans Go "Real Art" and Total DramaRama "Encore'tney". (Complete)

February 28th: The Walking Dead Season 10.5 Premiere "Home Sweet Home" With Talking Dead Addition 141/Season 9.5 Premiere, The Simpsons "Wad Goals", and Family Guy "And Then There's Fraud". (Complete)

Total Premieres For February 2021: 40

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Clairice and Superman for sure! But there are some others im waiting to see more of.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Ooh! Beartown!

*reads description*

Oh, never mind.

Firefly Lane, Young Rock, and The Kenan Show seem like they'd be up my alley, but I can't muster up any excitement for any of them. I might give a shot but if I don't, then I don't.

KingFox

May 17, 2018
A light month indeed. But at least there is the second season of For All Mankind to be really exited about. One of the best new shows in recent years.

11/02: Clarice | CBS
19/02: For All Mankind S2 | Apple TV+
19/02: Tribes of Europa | Netflix
25/02: High-Rise Invasion | Netflix
28/02: The Walking Dead S10b | AMC

Weekly shows that I will finish up this month: The Expanse S5, The Stand, The Watch, Your Honor and Dickinson S2.

Also a good time to catch up on some other shows I guess.

Streamer movies:

05/02: Bliss | Amazon Prime
05/02: Space Sweepers | Netflix
11/02: Red Dot | Netflix
12/02: Judas and the Black Messiah | HBO Max
19/02: I Care a Lot | Netflix / Amazon Prime
26/02: The United States vs. Billie Holiday | Hulu

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Family Guy
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
Momma Named Me Sheriff

Last edited:

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Unfortunately, I don't know what else to watch...

I've only watched The Mandalorian and I'm not sure I should watch anymore than that, if I'm being honest.

I sometimes go overboard, though if someone could give me a handful of high-value suggestions for me to pick, that would be much appreciated.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
February is indeed a light month, but I'm looking forward to the final season of Black Lightning :(

Might try out the Young Rock and Trials of Europa. Still plenty of stuff in my watchlist.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
For those that haven't seen Gomorrah, watch Gomorrah. One of the best TV shows ever.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Was that Hannibal show with Mads Mikkelsen a spin-off of the Contact movie? I thought it was its own thing.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
For All Mankind woooooo!! I adored season 1 and have very high hopes for this one.

For folks with HBO Max, Its a Sin has gotten pretty great reviews in the UK and is evidently worth checking out.

I'll give Superman and Lois a shot but keeping up with CW dramas is usually tough.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
The top picks there for me:

14 - Men in Kilts.
14 - The Luminaries. Eva Green usually picks interesting stuff.
18 - It's a Sin.

More to check out:

3 - Reset. It's about video games. Enough said.
11 - Clarice.
19 - Tribes of Europa. Looks very much inspired by The 100, which is fine by me.
22- Beartown. I loved the Mystery, Alaska movie. This looks more serious, that's OK.
23 - Superman & Lois. The quality of these CW shows has been dropping, but what the hell.

John Oliver is back, excellent. And I'll continue hate watching Walking Dead because I'm already so far into it.

Won't be watching, just wanted to say, umm, Bad Habits Holy Orders, whaaaat? LOL.

Thanks for putting all this together RatskyWatsky. This is where I get all my info on what to look out for in the coming month.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, I don't know what else to watch...

I've only watched The Mandalorian and I'm not sure I should watch anymore than that, if I'm being honest.

I sometimes go overboard, though if someone could give me a handful of high-value suggestions for me to pick, that would be much appreciated.

what have you seen, what do you like, what kind of show are you looking for

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
what have you seen, what do you like, what kind of show are you looking for
Honestly? I'm looking for something a bit "fantastical" and that isn't apart of an already well-established IP, but I'll take anything at this point. I recently watched The Mandalorian and I'm honestly hoping for the "best of the best" that TV has to offer.

What's on currently that's good? What's new? And what's coming up?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
We just watched the first ep of Resident Alien and really enjoyed it. Very funny show. Tudyk was excellent in it. One or two points were a bit darker than we expected a comedy to be, but that's OK.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Men in Kilts has my interest.

It's A Sin
Tell Me Your Secrets
For All Mankind
Behind Her Eyes

Right now I'm watching Iron Fist S1 and almost done with Upload, which is pretty funny.

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone here seen 30 Coins? Its a show from Spain (I think) on HBO. It started January last year.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Ended up bingeing through Warrior Nun on Netflix over the weekend. 10 episodes and all less than an hour helped, but I did enjoy the world, some of the twists, and while not great it kept me entertained enough and was the type of show I was looking forward. I'm glad it got renewed for a Season 2, because that cliff-hanger was ......

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Since I subbed for Apple TV I finished Ted Lasso and the people were right, that show is amazing.

I now started For All Mankind.

Netflix had been a bit lackluster and is shoving down korean shows in my face all of a sudden.

I watch #Alive one time and they think I'm a korean TV afficionado.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Just started The OC and Normal People.
- Normal People: only seen 3 episodes and I'm enjoying thus far. The romance and the characters feel real , the lead actors have great chemistry and the cinematography is pretty nice. Interested in seeing where are they going with the story. The only downsides for me are that the story is a bit cliché and Connel is so fucking frustrating to watch, he keeps apologizing but then he's back on being a dumbass, I guess that's the point of his character and people in real life do this but I can't stand to wacth him fuck it up.

- The O.C.: Just watched the pilot, It's so fucking good. I was in the need for some good melodrama and so far it's hitting the right beats for me. Sandy Cohen best dad on TV.

Lupin is really good, and only five episodes.
5 episodes? That's the best thing you could have told me to make me watch this hahaha

KingFox

May 17, 2018
5 episodes? That's the best thing you could have told me to make me watch this hahaha

Keep in mind that it ends on a big cliffhanger. The remaining five more episodes will come out this summer.

I actually gave this a shot yesterday, but dropped it after two eps. It just didn't do anything for me. If only 'La Révolution' could've been this successful. Now that is a French show I would have liked to see more of.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Watched 4 episodes of Lupin so far, and it's good, solid entertainment but nothing I would consider great in any sense. It has enough charisma and momentum to keep me hooked, but also tons of stupid moments I find slightly challenging to gloss over. Still, the second half can't come soon enough.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Whoa, I'm late. Sorry! I know the success of this thread hinges on my amazing taste (jkomglol), so BEHOLD:

Monday, 1
The Investigation - HBO - 10/9c
Really enjoyed the first episode of this slow-burn investigation. I know the real story but the fact that they worked closely with the family and lead detective gives me hope this'll stick the landing.

Wednesday, 3
Reset - Vice - 10/9c
First two episodes of this were good, if basic. Really enjoy Vice, watch their news show nightly, and Dexter Thomas is one of their best reporters.

Sunday, 7
(Devil May Care - Syfy)
So Syfy is just the Alan Tudyk network now? This looks bad but Resident Alien has been fun. I may give it a shot.

Thursday, 11
(Clarice - CBS - 10/9c)
I am so hard up for anything Hannibal-adjacent I might even try this. I don't think I've watched a show on CBS since the 80s.

Sunday, 14
Bless the Harts - Fox - 7:30/6:30c
I hate this show.

The Simpsons - Fox - 8/7c
Ugh. Why stop now.

Bob's Burgers - Fox - 9/8c
Still solid.

Family Guy - Fox - 9:30/8:30c
Occasionally OK.

Momma Named Me Sheriff - Adult Swim - 12/11c
A lot of fun! I liked Mr. Pickles more, but this is stupid enough.

Tuesday, 16
(Young Rock - NBC - 8/7c)
I'm sure this will be horrible but the premise is kind of fun. May check it out. Another channel I haven't watched a show on in decades.

Thursday, 18
Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan - Netflix
HECK YEAH MORE JOJO! Should be awesome.

Friday, 19
For All Mankind - Apple TV+
Highlight of the month (with a confirmed date). The first season took a while to get going but once it broke out of its "Mad Men but with a space theme" phase it really went places. Pumped.

Wednesday, 24
Snowfall - FX - 10/9c
Quietly awesome show that deserves a ton more buzz. Started rough but has done nothing but improve as the story has progressed. Very excited for this return.

Thursday, 25
Close Enough - HBO Max
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sunday, 28
The Walking Dead - AMC - 9/8c
I don't understand why they added 6 episodes to the previous season, but I guess we're about to find out.

ALSO FEB ACCORDING TO HBO MAX PRESS RELEASE BUT NO OFFICIAL DATE YET (BOO)
CLOSE ENOUGH SEASON 2!
Actual highlight of the month. It's Regular Show but with humans and light cursing. What more could you ask for? OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Really not as light a month as I would've guessed, at least for me!

Last edited:

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I thought I'd like Bridgerton, Periodic Romance and I think I was ok with it for the first 3 episodes but then I couldn't stand it. Been watching a lot of them recently Little Dorrit, Belgravia, Doctor Thorne, Poldark, Emma.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Finished One Day at a Time Season 4 - the 6 episodes they were able to film.

A shame they weren't able to finish their season, but the last episode was a really good one to go out on.