• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017

Thank you for sharing this, I really enjoyed hearing the creator's perspective! He's very self-aware--this bit of the interview sums up a lot of my feelings about the show:

It's not just (the pregnant hotel employee), too. We meet Kai and then he just disappears. There's a practical aspect to that, which is that we were forced to shoot in the bubble, so other than when we were out on the boats, we couldn't shoot anything else. That was the mandate.

But I thought it would be interesting to do that. At the very beginning, [Armond says], "We're interchangeable helpers." It's like they don't exist, this idea that once they exit the hotel, they're pulverized, they vanish. I thought that would be maybe controversial, but it's like a steamrolling. The people waving in the beginning, by the end they've been replaced, and it's like the experience of these hotel guests — oh, she had a baby, he's in jail, whatever. My hope is that the critique of that is built into the DNA of it.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
All I know is I finished the last episode and

they got me, they fooled me and got me hyped

but now I refuse to watch anymore until it's done. I'm just not built for this 7 day wait anymore. I wanted to go into the next episode immediately. Totally agree with what you said about season 2. Much better.

Only 2 more episodes left, so you shouldn't have to wait long.

On the last episode

When they cut away from the Tully/Nicta fight and only showed Nicta knocked out I suspected something. Then when the magic muzzle went on, I figured she did the switch-aroo

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up, and quite the great interview.

"There is no virtuous person anymore. It doesn't matter if we have virtuous thoughts — by the nature of existing now, we're part of the extinction. I feel like some of the sentiment I still want to believe. I want to believe that there's some telos, there's some endeavor to making the world a better place, there is somewhere to go from here. But I feel like we've seen the limits of that discourse both on a personal level and on a global level."

Even just off the cuff, Mike White brings the goods.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
TheNatureBoy, TheGhost, did you have a chance to watch yesterday's episode of Motherland: Fort Salem?

Some random thoughts:

- Go Tally!! I love her so much. Her plan could have easily backfired, though...
- So Alder's gone? I can't imagine she'll stay on the side for long. They probably won't be able to completely control this 300-year-old witch. Or maybe Petra will need her help at some point?
- "Retiring the Biddy program" is basically a death sentence for Alder, right?
- I love this small glimpse of the Mycelium's origin.
- If Scylla really begins teaching them Spree work, I have a feeling the dodgers in the Cession will play a huge role in the war against the Camarilla.
- All the witches around the country fighting together sounds cool.
- What will happen with Nicte now?
- Next week's episode will be insane!! But I have a feeling it will end with a cliffhanger. I really hope the show will get renewed for a third season...

Also, there are a lot of cool insights in this week's after-show special:
(Huge spoilers in there. Somebody that didn't watch the episode shouldn't click on this.)

Last edited:

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
TheNatureBoy, TheGhost, did you have a chance to watch yesterday's episode of Motherland: Fort Salem?

Some random thoughts:

- Go Tally!! I love her so much. Her plan could have easily backfired, though...
- So Alder's gone? I can't imagine she'll stay on the side for long. They probably won't be able to completely control this 300-year-old witch. Or maybe Petra will need her help at some point?
- If Scylla really begins teaching them Spree work, I have a feeling the dodgers in the Cession will play a huge role in the war against the Camarilla.
- Next week's episode will be insane!! But I have a feeling it will end with a cliffhanger. I really hope the show will get renewed for a third season...

(Huge spoilers in there. Somebody that didn't watch the episode shouldn't click on this.)

I'm holding off to next week. I need to do back to back I can't get to the end again and be like "FUCK, i need that next episode". I'm excited though.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017

Some random thoughts:

I watched last night.

Agree that Tally has had one of the best arcs this season. A part of me felt that after living for so long and seeing so much death and destruction, that Alder would be relieved somewhat to step aside. But you are right about the Biddies, not sure how quickly she ages without them.

Next week is titled Revolution Part 1, sounds like they are ending on a cliffhanger. Maybe Alder makes a big sacrifice. I hope the showrunners are confident they will be back, because it would suck to end without having resolution.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Thanks for the thread RatskyWatsky. I'm late here, been busy.

Has anyone watched the Kingdom movie on Netflix? I see it's a prequel. I'm a big fan of the show, and I'm wondering if someone else could start with this movie, and if they like it carry on with the series afterwards.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017

Has anyone watched the Kingdom movie on Netflix? I see it's a prequel. I'm a big fan of the show, and I'm wondering if someone else could start with this movie, and if they like it carry on with the series afterwards.

I always recommend watching things in order of release, even if something is a prequel. The movie is cool, but not as good as the series. Plus both seasons of the series are fairly short.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

The movie is a prequel but it kind of requires knowledge of the first two seasons to really work imo

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
There is way too much to watch.

I have Netflix, Hulu, disney+, and HBO max and I'm drowning in stuff. I feel like I may even grab peacock and paramount at some point and just cancel cable (I don't watch sports much anymore)

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
There is way too much to watch.

I have Netflix, Hulu, disney+, and HBO max and I'm drowning in stuff. I feel like I may even grab peacock and paramount at some point and just cancel cable (I don't watch sports much anymore)
I think I got like a dozen or so subs and had to talk myself outta adding Peacock to the list lol.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Finished P-Valley last night. Overall thought the series was really entertaining and got me hooked into the characters. Uncle Clifford is hilarious and there are some twists I did not see coming. Always like seeing new faces, with the cast having plenty. Plus also has an actor who I only discovered was British after the show.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Finished P-Valley last night. Overall thought the series was really entertaining and got me hooked into the characters. Uncle Clifford is hilarious and there are some twists I did not see coming. Always like seeing new faces, with the cast having plenty. Plus also has an actor who I only discovered was British after the show.
Yea, I was pleasantly surprised when I watched it. Looking forward to season 2.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Which ones are you currently subscribed to? Between that and gaming, it takes up a lot of my time.
Netflix
Amazon
Hulu
Apple+
Disney+
Paramount+ (Trek Discovery/OG Twilight Zone)
AMC+ (Gangs of London/Plus Shudder stuff)
BET+ (Martin/Jamie Foxx Show etc)
Showtime (Billions)
Starz (Power Universe)
HBO Max (Gomorrah and a lot of other stuff)
Cinemax (Banshee/Warrior )
Epix (Godfather of Harlem)
Fite.tv/AEW+ (Wrestling)
Crunchyroll
Funimation

I could cull this down a bit. Thing is I like just watching stuff whenever I'm in the mood to watch it. Like I havent watched anime in a month or two so could cut CR/Fun, but............I'm too lazy to micromanage like that.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Netflix
Amazon
Hulu
Apple+
Disney+
Paramount+ (Trek Discovery/OG Twilight Zone)
AMC+ (Gangs of London/Plus Shudder stuff)
BET+ (Martin/Jamie Foxx Show etc)
Showtime (Billions)
Starz (Power Universe)
HBO Max (Gomorrah and a lot of other stuff)
Cinemax (Banshee/Warrior )
Epix (Godfather of Harlem)
Fite.tv/AEW+ (Wrestling)
Crunchyroll
Funimation

I could cull this down a bit. Thing is I like just watching stuff whenever I'm in the mood to watch it. Like I havent watched anime in a month or two so could cut CR/Fun, but............I'm too lazy to micromanage like that.

that's how I feel! Do you also game?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I added Soldiers or Zombies, Reservation Dogs, Heels and Undefeated to my lists, but none of them are really must-sees to me. There's the new AHS this week, and I still have the latest AHS stuff I think it was on Hulu. So a very light month here.

I started White Lotus based on the positive recs here and it being HBO, and 3 of 6 eps in I'm really disappointed. It's been a boring soap opera so far. I expected better from HBO and this cast.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone check out the first episode of that Spike Lee doc on HBO that premiered last night?

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Just finished watching the Motherland Fort Salem S2 finale. It was structured differently than I expected, but overall felt it was strong and glad the show will be back for S3. Especially considering the couple of surprises they threw in there.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Just finished watching the Motherland Fort Salem S2 finale. It was structured differently than I expected, but overall felt it was strong and glad the show will be back for S3. Especially considering the couple of surprises they threw in there.

Wow, this episode was insane!!

So much goosebumps. It made me cheer out loud, it made me ugly cry... Alder 😭... But at the end of the episode I was more like, 'Alder?!'

It was amazing.

And the whole thing didn't go where I thought it would either. The writing continues to excel. I'm so excited for season 3! But not so much about probably having to wait something like a year before seeing the rest of the story, though...

The after-show for the episode was great too. Lots of details that weren't necessarily obvious in the episode, but that we'll most probably see next season.

Also:

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Wow, this episode was insane!!

So much goosebumps. It made me cheer out loud, it made me ugly cry... Alder 😭... But at the end of the episode I was more like, 'Alder?!'

It was amazing.

And the whole thing didn't go where I thought it would either. The writing continues to excel. I'm so excited for season 3! But not so much about probably having to wait something like a year before seeing the rest of the story, though...

The after-show for the episode was great too. Lots of details that weren't necessarily obvious in the episode, but that we'll most probably see next season.

Also:

Watching the video and hearing a bit of an accent from Tally, looked it up and saw she is South African. Her story arc in S2 might have been my favorite and
The goodbye scene with Alder and the main trio was really touching

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Watching the video and hearing a bit of an accent from Tally, looked it up and saw she is South African. Her story arc in S2 might have been my favorite and
The goodbye scene with Alder and the main trio was really touching

Tally really is THE BEST!

cHYDqu2.gif

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4d785137325746426e344e5468773d3d2d3932383131363931352e313635633261303432666437303065333835333836313232373636372e676966

And with everything that happened, I really wonder what the role of Alder will be next season.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Checked out Brand New Cherry Flavor due to this thread. Really liked it. Guess I'll give Salem a try next.

Aug 7, 2019
Series Getting Screen-time in August: 11

The Walking Dead/Talking Dead (Final Seasons Premiere Month)

Stargirl (Season Premiere/Overarching Summer Education Month)

Miraculous Ladybug (Luka Fibs About Finding Out Both Ladybug and Cat Noir's Identities Month)

Monsters at Work (Snowman Guy Re-Inclusion Month)

Teen Titans Go (Tom and Jerry Tribute/Toad Tower Month)

Rick and Morty (Anime Ferrets and BirdpersonxRick Month)

My Hero Academia (One Filler At a Time Month)

American Dad (Roger Becomes a Sun Sucking Flower Month)

Big Brother (Frenzy of Backdoors of Notable Competition Threats Like Britini Month)

iCarly (Creddie Sexual Chemistry/Too Many Poorly Fleshed Out New Recurring Cast Members/Season Finale Month)

September 2021: 5

Total DramaRama

Pokemon Journeys

The Simpsons

Family Guy

Survivor

October 2021: 3

Amphibia

Walking Dead World Beyond

Love Life

November 2021: 2

Animaniacs

Doctor Who

2021: 5

Scooby Doo and Guess Who

Apple and Onion

Spongebob

Demon Slayer

Close Enough

Not Until 2022 or Beyond: 13

The Amazing Race

Weakest Link

Wipeout

The Flight Attendant

Made for Love

Assassination Classroom

Primal

Dr. Stone

South Park

Harley Quinn

Killing Eve

Search Party

Better Call Saul

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Finished Money Heist Part 4, so I'm ready for Part 5 to kick off next week. The show has a lot of fukkery, but is highly entertaining and does tension very well. Plus it has really gotten me hooked into certain characters. Especially

For Nairobi :( , she was my favorite among the crew

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Finished Mythic Quest S1. Overall really enjoyed it. The last 2 episodes in particular were really well done.

52club

Oct 27, 2017
I watched Clickbait, it was interesting in parts, and better than I thought it would be. It probaly could have been better, but honestly could have been way worse.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Watched the PEN15 animated special. Matched the tone of the show, but wasn't digging the animation style and felt it would have been funnier as live-action. Although I get why they decided to do it animated during Covid.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

TV in September 2021 - What are you watching?

September is the official start of the fall TV season, when basically every broadcast network's lineup is back in full swing! We got One Chicago, both NCIS', both Law & Orders, all three FBI's, and Fox's Animation Domination! Cable is also going hard with the highly anticipated return of...