• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
April showers bring May flowers or something, anyway Happy Spring!

~ Recent Highlights ~

The Investigation - HBO MAX

Head of the Copenhagen Police's Homicide unit Jens Møller investigates the murder of Swedish journalist Kim Wall.

Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan - Netflix

A popular manga creator becomes enmeshed in paranormal events while conducting research: Stand User Kishibe Rohan visits Italy, goes bankrupt and more.

~

April Schedule

Thursday, 1

Back - IFC

Creepshow - Shudder

Made for Love - HBO MAX

Manifest - NBC - 8/7c

United States of Al - CBS - 8:30/7:30c

The Moodys - Fox - 9/8c

Law & Order: Organized Crime - NBC - 10/9c

Friday, 2

The Serpent - Netflix

Sunday, 4

Atlantic Crossing - PBS - 9/8c

Gangs of London - AMC - 10/9c

Birdgirl - Adult Swim - 12/11c

Monday, 5

Family Reunion - Netflix

Tuesday, 6

Chad - TBS - 10:30/9:30c

Wednesday, 7

Snabba Cash - Netflix

This is a Robbery: The World's Biggest Art Heist - Netflix

Kung Fu - The CW - 8/7c

Home Economics - ABC - 8:30/7:30c

Exterminate All the Brutes - HBO MAX - 9/8c

Queen of the South - USA - 10/9c - Final Season

Thursday, 8

No Activity - Paramount+

The Way of the Househusband - Netflix

Everything's Gonna Be Okay - Freeform - 10/9c

Rebel - ABC - 10/9c

Friday, 9

El Corazón de Sergio Ramos - Amazon

Them - Amazon

Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo - Amazon

Doing the Most with Phoebe Robinson - Comedy Central - 11/10c

Sunday, 11

Fear the Walking Dead - AMC - 9/8c

The Nevers - HBO - 9/8c

Saints & Sinners - Bounce TV - 9/8c

Monday, 12

Keeping Faith - Acorn TV - Final Season

All American - The CW - 8/7c

Tuesday, 13

The Resident - Fox - 8/7c

Prodigal Son - Fox - 9/8c

Big Sky - ABC - 10/9c

Wednesday, 14

The Circle - Netflix

Dad Stop Embarrassing Me! - Netflix

Thursday, 15

Infinity Train - HBO MAX

Spy City - AMC+

Younger - Paramount+ - Final Season

Friday, 16

Big Shot - Disney+

Frank of Ireland - Amazon

Why Are You Like This - Netflix

Van Helsing - Syfy - 10/9c - Final Season

Sunday, 18

Luis Miguel: The Series - Netflix - 8/7c

Godfather of Harlem - Epix - 9/8c

Couples Therapy - Showtime - 10/9c

Mare of Easttown - HBO - 10/9c

Monday, 19

Off the Beaten Track - Acorn TV

The Parker Andersons - BYUtv - 7/6c

Amelia Parker - BYUtv - 7:30/6:30c

9-1-1 - Fox - 8/7c

9-1-1: Lone Star - Fox - 9/8c

American Dad - TBS - 10/9c

Tuesday, 20

Cruel Summer - Freeform - 9/8c

Wednesday, 21

Zero - Netflix

Thursday, 22

Bigger - BET+

Life in Color with David Attenborough - Netflix

Rutherford Falls - Peacock

Friday, 23

Shadow and Bone - Netflix

A Black Lady Sketch Show - HBO - 11/10c

Sunday, 25

Top Gear - BBC America - 8/7c

Monday, 26

Bäckström - Acorn TV

Tuesday. 27

Fatma - Netflix

Wednesday, 28

The Handmaid's Tale - Hulu

Sexify - Netflix

Thursday, 29

Yasuke - Netflix

Friday, 30

The Innocent - Netflix

The Mosquito Coast - Apple TV+

The Unremarkable Juanquini - Netflix

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Made for Love - HBO MAX (April 1)

'Made for Love' is an adaptation based on the tragicomic novel of the same name by Alissa Nutting.

The series follows Hazel Green, a thirtysomething woman on the run after 10 years in a suffocating marriage to an unstable, needy, possibly sociopathic tech billionaire. Soon she discovers that her husband has already implanted a revolutionary monitoring device – the Made for Love– in her brain, allowing him to track her, watch her, and know her thoughts and feelings as she tries to stay alive.

United States of Al - CBS (April 1)

The show focuses on the friendship between Riley, a Marine combat veteran struggling to readjust to civilian life in Ohio, and Awalmir, also known as Al, the interpreter who served with his unit in Afghanistan and has just arrived to start a new life in America.

Law & Order: Organized Crime - NBC (April 1)

Stabler was waiting for the right moment, and now he's coming home.

The Serpent - Netflix (April 2)

In the 1970s, merciless killer Charles Sobhraj preys on travelers exploring the "hippie trail" of South Asia. Based on shocking true events.

Atlantic Crossing - PBS (April 4)

A princess steals the heart of the president of the United States in an epic drama based on the World War II relationship of Franklin Roosevelt and Norwegian Crown Princess Martha.

Birdgirl - Adult Swim (April 4)

In 'Birdgirl,' 30-something Judy Ken Sebben inherits her father's company, which would be great if that company weren't built around the most socially irresponsible 20th Century products and practices that, on a good day, involves clearing redwood forests or operating for-profit children's hospitals. From the halls of the company headquarters, she assembles the ragtag, non-overtime earning Birdteam. Together, they try to undo all the luridly dangerous decisions of the generation before or contain the havoc of one of their own "world-saving" products gone bad.

Chad - TBS (April 6)

The comedy follows a 14-year-old pubescent Persian boy as he navigates his first year of high school on a mission to become popular. Chad's friendships and sanity are pushed to the limits as he uses every tactic at his disposal to befriend the cool kids, while enduring his mother's new dating life and reconciling with his cultural identity.

Snabba Cash - Netflix (April 7)

The lives of an ambitious businesswoman, a charming gang enforcer and a troubled teen collide amidst a desperate — and sinister — pursuit of wealth.

This is a Robbery: The World's Biggest Art Heist - Netflix (April 7)

500 million dollars worth of missing art. A 10 million dollar reward for whoever finds it. It's your turn to enter the mystery.

30 years ago, two thieves brazenly stole millions of dollars worth of art from Boston's Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. Where the art is now remains a mystery. Today, investigators reviewing the cold case attempt to recover the missing works, unmask the perpetrators and solve the biggest art heist in history.

Kung Fu - The CW (April 7)

A quarter-life crisis causes a young Chinese-American woman to drop out of college for a life-changing journey to an isolated monastery in China.

Home Economics - ABC (April 7)

'Home Economics' takes a look at the heartwarming yet super uncomfortable and sometimes frustrating relationship between three adult siblings: one in the 1%, one middle-class and one barely holding on. The comedy is inspired by the life of writer and executive producer Michael Colton.

Exterminate All the Brutes - HBO MAX (April 7)

'Exterminate All the Brutes,' from acclaimed filmmaker Raoul Peck (I Am Not Your Negro), is a four-part hybrid docuseries that provides a visually arresting journey through time, into the darkest hours of humanity. Through his personal voyage, Peck deconstructs the making and masking of history, digging deep into the exploitative and genocidal aspects of European colonialism — from America to Africa and its impact on society today.

Based on works by three authors and scholars — Sven Lindqvist's 'Exterminate All the Brutes,' Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz's 'An Indigenous Peoples' History of the United States,' and Michel-Rolph Trouillot's 'Silencing the Past' — 'Exterminate All the Brutes' revisits and reframes the profound meaning of the Native American genocide and American slavery and their fundamental implications for our present.

The series disrupts formal and artistic film conventions by weaving together rich documentary footage and archival material, as well as animation and interpretive scripted scenes that offer a counter-narrative to white Eurocentric history. Through a sweeping story in which history, contemporary life and fiction are wholly intertwined, the series challenges the audience to re-think the very notion of how history is being written.

The Way of the Househusband - Netflix (April 8)

This world-class househusband was once a feared legendary member of the yakuza!

"The Way of the Househusband" is the long-awaited anime adaptation of the cozy gangster comedy manga about "The Immortal Dragon," a former yakuza member whose incredible feats are still talked about in the underworld, spending his daily life as a househusband!

Rebel - ABC (April 8)

Inspired by the life of Erin Brockovich today, Annie 'Rebel' Bello is a blue-collar legal advocate without a law degree. She's a funny, messy, brilliant and fearless woman who cares desperately about the causes she fights for and the people she loves. When Rebel applies herself to a fight she believes in, she will win at almost any cost.

Them - Amazon (April 9)

'Them' is a limited anthology series that explores terror in America. The first season, 1950s-set COVENANT centers around a Black family who move from North Carolina to an all-white Los Angeles neighborhood during the period known as The Great Migration. The family's idyllic home becomes ground zero where malevolent forces, next door and otherworldly, threaten to taunt, ravage and destroy them.

Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo - Amazon (April 9)

The story of Christiane F. and her dysfunctional friends, who as teenagers descend into the gritty drug scene of 1970s West Berlin.

Doing the Most with Phoebe Robinson - Comedy Central (April 9)

Join Phoebe Robinson as she creates adventures and experiences with her celebrity guests that take us into their world and out of her comfort zone. From tackling a high ropes course with Kevin Bacon, learning magic with The Property Brothers, horseback riding with Whitney Cummings and more, each episode of the series features one-on-one interviews and unique experiences with pop culture luminaries.

The Nevers - HBO (April 11)

Victorian London is rocked to its foundations by a supernatural event that gives certain people — mostly women — abnormal abilities, from the wondrous to the disturbing. But no matter their particular "turns," all who belong to this new underclass are in grave danger. It falls to mysterious, quick-fisted widow Amalia True and brilliant young inventor Penance Adair to protect and shelter these gifted "orphans." To do so, they will have to face the brutal forces determined to annihilate their kind.

Dad Stop Embarrassing Me! - Netflix (April 14)

A single dad and cosmetics brand owner figures out fatherhood on the fly when his strong-minded teen daughter moves in with him.

Spy City - AMC+ (April 15)

'Spy City' follows the story of an English spy Fielding Scott who is sent to Berlin in 1961 to sift out a traitor in the UK Embassy or among the Allies, shortly before the peak of the Cold War and construction of the Berlin Wall. American, British and French troops in West Berlin are separated from their Soviet and East German counterparts by nothing more than an imaginary line. Teeming with spies & double agents and permeated by a culture of subterfuge and sabotage, one wrong move in this city could trigger the looming threat of nuclear war.

Big Shot - Disney+ (April 16)

A temperamental college basketball coach gets fired from his job and must take a job at an elite all-girls private high school.

Frank of Ireland - Amazon (April 16)

Frank Marron is a 32-year-old catastrophe; a misanthropic fantasist in arrested development who's convinced that the world owes him. He's also our hero. Frank is newly single and still lives at home with his mother, Mary. He's a self-proclaimed musician with a tenuous hold on reality, and hasn't written a song or played a gig in years. His ex-girlfriend Áine has just found a new boyfriend, and Frank may be finding that a tad difficult. Luckily, Frank has a loyal best friend, Doofus, whose full-time job is clearing the debris left in Frank's wake. Set in an idyllic suburb of Dublin, Frank of Ireland is the hilarious story of a man's hapless search for respect, as he struggles to grow up and get his life together, and hopefully not burn everything to the ground in the process.

Why Are You Like This - Netflix (April 16)

Over six laugh-out-loud episodes, we see these three characters follow their questionable modern day moral codes in confronting the complex social issues of an outrage driven world, leaving a path of destruction in their wake.

Mare of Easttown - HBO (April 18)

Mare Sheehan is a small-town Pennsylvania detective who investigates a local murder as life crumbles around her.

The Parker Andersons - BYUtv (April 19)

fkIBKLz.png

'The Parker Andersons' follows Tony Parker, a British widower and father of two (Nathan and Amelia), who moves to the United States, where he marries Cleo Anderson, the mother of two kids (Victoria and Charlie). All together, they quickly discover that sometimes being "blended" feels a lot like being in a blender.

Amelia Parker - BYUtv (April 19)

Aj0Ftzk.png

'Amelia Parker' centers around the quietest member of the Parker Anderson family, a tween girl who is coming into her own. After her mother died, Amelia became selectively mute, figuring that before she participates in the world again, she'd better find her voice. In confessionals, we see that Amelia is actually an opinionated, vivacious girl, who openly explains her hopes, anxieties and fears in virtual conversations with her deceased mom.

Cruel Summer - Freeform (April 20)

'Cruel Summer' is a psychological thriller that follows two young women: Kate Wallis, the popular girl with a charmed life who one day goes missing, and Jeanette Turner, the nerdy wannabe who is accused of being connected to Kate's disappearance. All signs point to Jeanette's guilt, but is Kate really who she seems to be? Set over three summers and told through shifting points of view, the series challenges perception and follows how one girl can go from being a sweet outlier to the most despised person in America.

Zero - Netflix (April 21)

A shy boy who used to feel invisible, develops an extraordinary superpower that takes over when he meets a group of friends intent on saving their neighborhood. Making it only together. Love, the desire to pursue dreams, the power of friendship.

Life in Color with David Attenborough - Netflix (April 22)

Using innovative technology, this docuseries explores nature from a fresh perspective as animals use color to survive and thrive in the wild.

Rutherford Falls - Peacock (April 22)

A small town in the Northeast and the Native American reservation it borders are turned upside down when local legend and town namesake, Nathan Rutherford, fights the moving of a historical statue.

Shadow and Bone - Netflix (April 23)

Dark forces conspire against orphan mapmaker Alina Starkov when she unleashes an extraordinary power that could change the fate of her war-torn world.

Bäckström - Acorn TV (April 26)

Evert Bäckström is a rock star among cops. Starring as a TV expert doesn't help his ego or reputation. He thinks he's a genius-and he is, at solving crimes. When a woman's skull is found, it seems she was murdered recently, but DNA points to her death in the 2004 tsunami. Prosecutor Hanna Hwass believes it's a mistake, but Bäckström sees a case only he can solve: a woman who has died twice.

Fatma - Netflix (April 27)

gBvecpd.png

A cleaning lady discovers that she has a talent for getting away with murder because she is constantly underestimated.

Sexify - Netflix (April 28)

Budding software developer Natalia knows a lot about programming, and very little about sex. With her friends Monika and Paulina, she embarks on a quest to better understand the mysteries of the female orgasm, build an app that will win an inter-university competition and maybe, just maybe, serve the needs of her peers.

Yasuke - Netflix (April 29)

3SK5uNu.png

A peaceful boatman once known as the Black Samurai is pulled back into conflict when he takes a little girl with mysterious powers under his wing.

The Innocent - Netflix (April 30)

An accidental killing leads a man down a dark hole of intrigue and murder. Just as he finds love and freedom, one phone call brings back the nightmare.

The Mosquito Coast - Apple TV+ (April 30)

Adapted from the best-selling novel, 'The Mosquito Coast' is a gripping adventure following the dangerous journey of a radical idealist and brilliant inventor, Allie Fox, who uproots his family for Mexico seeking a safe haven.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Thanks for the thread. I'll scroll through the new stuff when I have more time later.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The forum's best thread returns, and The Investigation got a shout out! Yay! Thanks RatskyWatsky ! Did you get a chance to watch it yet?

April is a big month!

Thursday, 1
(Creepshow - Shudder)
Maybe when it hits AMC? Season 1 was... OK-ish.

The Moodys - Fox - 9/8c
Enjoyed the Christmas-themed first season enough, though I thought they were supposed to bring them back around major holidays. Shrug.

Sunday, 4
Gangs of London - AMC - 10/9c
Finally. Been waiting forever for this. Gareth Evans!

Birdgirl - Adult Swim - 12/11c
The recent trailer wasn't great but I have hope it'll capture some of the manic energy that made the original so fun. Gonna be tough without Gary Cole and Stephen Colbert.

Friday, 9
(Them - Amazon)
So it's Us, but on "TV." OK?

Sunday, 11
The Nevers - HBO - 9/8c
Trailers have been great, hope the Whedon has been purged.

Tuesday, 13
Prodigal Son - Fox - 9/8c
First part of the season was solid.

Thursday, 15
Infinity Train - HBO MAX
Sad to see this little wonder go.

Sunday, 18
Mare of Easttown - HBO - 10/9c
Looks solid.

Monday, 19
9-1-1 - Fox - 8/7c
9-1-1: Lone Star - Fox - 9/8c
The crazy always delivers and both shows have wonderful casts.

American Dad - TBS - 10/9c
Still pretty good after all these years.

Friday, 23
A Black Lady Sketch Show - HBO - 11/10c
Why do I feel like Season 1 of this aired 50 years ago?

Wednesday, 28
The Handmaid's Tale - Hulu
Highlight of the month. Hurt me, June.

April also brings a new anime season (picks TBD) and some streaming premiere movies! Like Mortal Kombat! And Godzilla vs. Kong which I thought came out last month for some reason!

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
"The Nanny" will finally be available to stream starting on April 1! All six seasons will be on HBO Max! I know what I'm putting on in the background after work. I'm so excited since I've had such an itch to watch the show over the past few years but couldn't find it anywhere.

Aside from that, I'm definitely going to check out "Birdgirl" on Adult Swim. Hopefully it's just as good as "Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law" was.

"The Way of the Househusband" on Netflix looks absolutely ridiculous. I am so in!

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
CW really making it's name in rebooting 90's tv shows. I know the original Kung Fu (after googling) was a 70s show but I watched Kung Fu: the Legend Continues growing up so I'll definitely be checking out the reboot.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Thanks Ratsky. Btw, will you be collating peoples GOTY entries into a single top ten, or are there not enough votes to make that worthwhile?

Lots of stuff to look at this month. I just skimmed it for now. Will come back later.

I thought Gangs of London might have gotten a highlight? First time available in the US without paying for AMC+. That's the one I'm really looking forward to.

Recent stuff I've tried:

Yellowstone - bounced after a few eps. It's boring, the women are written terribly, nobody is likeable, and most of all I couldn't care less about the setting.
The Luminaries - I had high hopes from the trailer and the cast, but two long-ish eps in and it's boring. Not sure if I'll finish it or not.
Harlots - few eps in, it's interesting enough, will continue.

Decado

Dec 7, 2017
Haven't seen the UK version, but I worry that the AMC broadcast version of Gangs will be censored. Is there cursing/nudity? I don't think AMC allows either.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
The Investigation got a shout out! Yay! Thanks RatskyWatsky ! Did you get a chance to watch it yet?

Yep, I finished it a few days ago. T'was good~ I liked the focus on the slow and methodical investigation techniques, as well the fact that they used the irl dogs. :3

"The Nanny" will finally be available to stream starting on April 1! All six seasons will be on HBO Max! I know what I'm putting on in the background after work. I'm so excited since I've had such an itch to watch the show over the past few years but couldn't find it anywhere.

The Nanny is one of the GOAT sitcoms. I pray every night for a present day revival~

Btw, will you be collating peoples GOTY entries into a single top ten, or are there not enough votes to make that worthwhile?

I guess, but this might be the last year I do it. There's some kinda automatic vote tally mechanic in the forum software, so I might just ditch my usual manual weighted voting and switch to that next year so I don't have to put more effort into something that so few care about.

I thought Gangs of London might have gotten a highlight? First time available in the US without paying for AMC+. That's the one I'm really looking forward to.

I highlighted it (I think) twice already - once when it aired in the UK and once when it premiered on AMC+ in the US, so a third time felt redundant!

Haven't seen the UK version, but I worry that the AMC broadcast version of Gangs will be censored. Is there cursing/nudity? I don't think AMC allows either.

Any possible "Fucks" and nudity will be censored, definitely. It's uncensored on AMC+ tho

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I guess, but this might be the last year I do it. There's some kinda automatic vote tally mechanic in the forum software, so I might just ditch my usual manual weighted voting and switch to that next year so I don't have to put more effort into something that so few care about.
I doubt it's worth the effort tbh. There's still value to seeing people talking about the favorites, but without a critical mass of votes it's going to be hard to collate.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017

Decado

Dec 7, 2017
I think AMC broadcast is the same in the US and Canada. I've never seen/heard nudity or swearing on the channel.

emmastone

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 28, 2020
Slow month.
I'm currently watching The Investigation, but man, it's slow. Still 2 more to go, but it feels like I've watched six already. Little progress, it takes an hour/episode to even have a little progress and while I appreciate it's the same way in real life it doesn't make for compelling television. I think it was the second episode, but there was an entire period with only "i have no idea/i don't know" shots from the investigation leader. Move along, man!

Jul 4, 2019
There looks to be a couple shows of interest for me. Will watch Mare of Easttown and Mosquito Coast. There are a few more that look interesting, but I will wait for reviews.

Aug 7, 2019
April 2021 Day to Day Schedule: (Complete)

April 1st: Wipeout Series Premiere "The Big Balls are Back, Baby!", Made For Love Series Premiere "User One", Made for Love "I Want a Divorce", and Made for Love "I Want This Thing Out of My Head". (Complete)

April 2nd: Raven's Home "Fresh Off the Note". (Complete)

April 3rd: Teen Titans Go "Feed Me", Total DramaRama Season 3 Premiere "GumBearable", and Amphibia "Toad to Redemption/Maddie and Marcy".(Complete)

April 4th: The Walking Dead Season 10.5 Finale "Here's Negan" With Talking Dead Addition 146/Season 9.5 Finale" and Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist "Zoey's Extraordinary Birthday". (Complete)

April 5th: (Complete Nothingness)

April 6th: (Complete Nothingness)

April 7th: (Complete Nothingness)

April 8th: Wipeout "Big Ball Energy", Made for Love "I Want a New Life/I Want a Lawyer", and Made for Love "I Want You to Give a F*** About Me". (Complete)

April 9th: Ben 10 Season 5 Premiere "Ben 10,010", Spongebob "Bubble Bass' Tab/Kooky Cooks", and Raven's Home "10 Things Debate About You". (Complete)

April 10th: Ben 10/Generator Rex Crossover "Ben Gen 10" and Amphibia "The Second Temple/Barrel's Warhammer". (Complete)

April 11th: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist "Zoey's Extraordinary Mystery", The Simpsons "Burger Kings", Family Guy "Who's Brian Now?", and Ben 10 Series Finale "Alien X-Tinction". (Complete)

April 12th: Apple and Onion "Walking on the Ceiling/Keep It Fresh". (Complete)

April 13th: Apple and Onion "Panamanian Night Monkey/Za". (Complete)

April 14th: Apple and Onion "Broccoli/Cousin's Day". (Complete)

April 15th: Wipeout "OMFG Girl Run", Made for Love 2 Part Season 1 Finale "I Want to Feel Normal/Let's Meet", Apple and Onion "Nothing Can Stop Us", Apple and Onion "Good Job", Infinity Train Season 4 Premiere "The Twin Tapes", Infinity Train "The Iceberg Car", Infinity Train "The Old West Car", Infinity Train "The Pig Baby Car", Infinity Train "The Astro Queue Car", Infinity Train "The Party Car", Infinity Train "The Art Gallery Car", Infinity Train "The Mega Maze Car", Infinity Train "The Castle Car", and Infinity Train Series Finale "The Train to Nowhere". (Complete)

April 16th: Apple and Onion "One Hit Wonder", Apple and Onion "A Matter of Pride", Spongebob "Under the Small Top/Squidward's Sick Daze", and Raven's Home "Plays of Our Lives". (Complete)

April 17th: Teen Titans Go "The Mug", Total DramaRama "Whack Mirror", and Amphibia "Bessie and MicroAngelo/The Third Temple". (Complete)

April 18th: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist "Zoey's Extraordinary Girls' Night Out", The Simpsons "Panic on the Streets of Springfield", and Family Guy "Young Parent Trap". (Complete)

April 19th: American Dad Season 18 Premiere "Who Smarted?". (Complete)

April 20th: (Complete Nothingness)

April 21st: (Complete Nothingness)

April 22nd: Wipeout "Love at First Trip". (Complete)

April 23rd: Spongebob "Knock Knock, Who's There?" and Raven's Home "The Slumber Years". (Complete)

April 24th: Teen Titans Go "HAFO SAFO", Total DramaRama "Broken Back Kotter", and Amphibia "The Dinner/Battle of the Bands". (Complete)

April 25th: (Complete Nothingness)

April 26th: American Dad "Russian Doll". (Complete)

April 27th: (Complete Nothingness)

April 28th: (Complete Nothingness)

April 29th: Wipeout "Invasion of the Big Balls". (Complete)

April 30th: Spongebob "Plankton's Intern" and Raven's Home "Bless This Tess". (Complete)

Total Premieres For April 2021: 72

Last edited:

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Mare of Easttown - Can't we get Mireille Enos playing the screwed up detective instead of Kate? I'll watch anyway.
The Mosquito Coast - The trailer looked so weird and unlike the movie.
Fear TWD - The first half of this season was surprisingly strong and I know Madison will come back, right?

I'm currently watching The Haunting of Bly Manor and it's super depressing, but in a good way.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
My biggest problem with TV nowadays is discovery. So this thread is very helpful. Thank you.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My biggest problem with TV nowadays is discovery. So this thread is very helpful. Thank you.
Agreed. It's invaluable. RatskyWatsky is my only friend.
Yep, I finished it a few days ago. T'was good~ I liked the focus on the slow and methodical investigation techniques, as well the fact that they used the irl dogs. :3
Yay, glad you enjoyed it! The companion podcast is worth a listen if that's your bag. Lots of dog content and tons with the real Jens!
Slow month.
I'm currently watching The Investigation, but man, it's slow. Still 2 more to go, but it feels like I've watched six already. Little progress, it takes an hour/episode to even have a little progress and while I appreciate it's the same way in real life it doesn't make for compelling television. I think it was the second episode, but there was an entire period with only "i have no idea/i don't know" shots from the investigation leader. Move along, man!
Wife and I watched the first 1 or 2 episodes but won't continue. Quite dull.
I would call it deliberate more than slow, but it's faithful to how the investigation actually went. Really solving a crime like that takes months and there is a lot of tedium. I felt the show struck a good balance, but obviously ymmv!

William

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chad and Birdgirl and Made for Love all look good, plus The Nevers. I am really enjoying Falcon and Winter Soldier so will be watching that, alongside Invincible which is just fantastic.
Also Taskmaster is is great so far this season, definitely one of the best sets of contestants.

Thanks for the thread as always Ratsky, even if I don't always post in these they are always much appreciated.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
1st - Made for Love (HBO Max). That looks quite interesting. I like the cast.

2nd - The Serpent (Netflix). Good setting.

4th - Gangs of London (AMC). I"ve heard good things.

7th - Kung Fu (CW). Looks terrible, but I have a soft spot for CW shows.

11th - The Nevers (HBO). Victorian setting and fantasy? I'm in.

23rd - Shadow and Bone (Netflix). Fantasy? I'm in.

I still want to check out Sky Rojo and The Irregulars from last month too, both Netflix. I'll probably start the recent season of The Crown soon too.

Last edited:

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
So after watching Wipeout... it just doesn't have the charm of the original. The two leads are charismatic and try to do similar commentary to the original hosts, but their material simply isn't as good.

It feels weird to say this, but I miss the music the most out of everything. The original had the perfect mix of whimsical fluff transitioning to intense ferocity in the final leg.

KingFox

May 17, 2018
Looks to be a good month with a bunch of interesting new shows. Really exited about Shadow and Bone and The Nevers. Also the return of The Handmaid's Tale!

01 apr: Made for Love - HBO Max
07 apr: Kung Fu - CW
09 apr: Them - Amazon Prime
11 apr: Fear The Walking Dead S6b - AMC
11 apr: The Nevers - HBO Max
16 apr: Big Shot - Disney+
16 apr: Frank of Ireland - Amazon Prime
18 apr: Mare of Easttown - HBO Max
20 apr: Cruel Summer - Freeform / Hulu
23 apr: Shadow and Bone - Netflix
28 apr: The Handmaid's Tale S4 - Hulu
29 apr: Yasuke - Netflix
30 apr: The Mosquito Coast - Apple TV+

Streamer movies:

09 apr: Thunder Force - Netflix
22 apr: Stowaway - Netflix
23 apr: Mortal Kombat - HBO Max
29 apr: Things Heard & Seen - Netflix
30 apr: The Mitchells vs. The Machines - Netflix
30 apr: Tom Clancy's Without Remorse - Amazon Prime

Last edited:

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Shadow and Bone is the big one I'm truly looking forward to.

Mare of Easttown will probably get my eyes solely because of the cast(the trailer left me cold)

Kung Fu and The Nevers are kind of "Why not?"s at this point.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Props on the thread as always.

April has a lot of things I'm interested in.

The Nevers
Kung Fu
Bird Girl
Shadow and Bone
Yasuke
Made for Love
Black Lady Sketch Show
Mosquito Coast

maybe Chad and Mare of Easttown

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Turns in late pass - finally got around to watching The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix. Overall thought the series was really good, that family went through a lot of tragedy.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
Turns in late pass - finally got around to watching The Haunting of Hill House on Netflix. Overall thought the series was really good, that family went through a lot of tragedy.

The Haunting of Hill House is absolutely amazing. I've watched it twice now, and I must say it's even better the second time. I wasn't totally on board with some aspects of the show the first time, but on my second viewing everything clicked. There are so many genius elements in there. Episode 6 is probably among my favorite TV episodes ever.

I also highly recommend watching The Haunting of Bly Manor. It's completely different, so don't expect a retelling of the same story or a rehashing of the same tropes, but it's also amazing. It's very emotional. By the end, this show completely broke me, I ugly cried multiple times during the last few episodes. I loved the ending.

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
The Haunting of Hill House is absolutely amazing. I've watched it twice now, and I must say it's even better the second time. I wasn't totally on board with some aspects of the show the first time, but on my second viewing everything clicked. There are so many genius elements in there. Episode 6 is probably among my favorite TV episodes ever.

I also highly recommend watching The Haunting of Bly Manor. It's completely different, so don't expect a retelling of the same story or a rehashing of the same tropes, but it's also amazing. It's very emotional. By the end, this show completely broke me, I ugly cried multiple times during the last few episodes. I loved the ending.

I do plan to check out Bly Manor eventually. Need to watch a comedy next though, to clear my mind of all the generational family trauma, lol.

Aug 7, 2019
So after watching Wipeout... it just doesn't have the charm of the original. The two leads are charismatic and try to do similar commentary to the original hosts, but their material simply isn't as good.

It feels weird to say this, but I miss the music the most out of everything. The original had the perfect mix of whimsical fluff transitioning to intense ferocity in the final leg.

I didn't even notice the music gone between all my other problems....I don't like that it's in duos instead of individual, guess they just want to burn less gimmick archetypes per episode

The pre-edited introduction videos are also meh, but gonna blame pandemic for that one

Then there's the new hosting trio, sorry they might not have been big pop culture names but the original three had comedic timing down

A lot of game show reboots have ended in one season lately, we'll see in August if that's the case for this

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Just watched the Chad pilot on TBS. Show is definitely bizarre and it's weird for me seeing Allie from New Girl play this freshman boy. There were some funny moments, but the show is definitely going for uncomfortable humor.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
F1 Drive to Survive continues to be the best show I've seen in a good while, and I'm not even a big racing or F1 fan. The behind the scenes footage they get is amazing, and the race scenes are incredible too. That scene with Gasly coming to the corner where his friend died the year before, and he's about an inch away from another driver both going around it at probably close to 200mph was something else.

I wouldn't use it on F1, but I'm also liking this new time control feature on the PC version of Netflix, so you can speed through a show at 1.25x or 1.5x.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Watched the 3 latest episodes of Made for Love. I still find most of the humor more amusing than laugh out loud funny, but there were some nice dramatic moments sprinkled throughout. With 2 episodes left, I'm not sure what note the season will end on.

Euan_1981

Apr 23, 2018
Gangs of London is dreadful. As a person who grew up and only recently left London, I can't think of a worse portrayal of gang culture here. Top boy is a better alternative.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Sometimes, Bless the Harts surprises you with a female pastor strumming a electric guitar under a rainbow.

Last edited:

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Watched the pilot of The Nevers tonight. Obviously setting up a lot of things to start out, but I liked the 2 main ladies and thought the action was good. With only a 6 episode commitment, I'll probably keep watching to see how things develop. I'm curious about certain things hinted at in the future episodes teaser.

Didn't realize Pip Torrens aka Herr Starr from Preacher was in this. I recognized the voice and delivery, but it wasn't until watching the cast interviews after the episode and seeing him w/out the wig did it click.

Oct 27, 2017
Gangs of London is dreadful. As a person who grew up and only recently left London, I can't think of a worse portrayal of gang culture here. Top boy is a better alternative.

Why on earth would anyone watch a Gareth Evans project for a "portrayal of (anything) culture"? You watch it to see people beating the shit out of each other.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, finally went through the list. There are a lot of shows I'm interested in checking out that premier this month.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Finished Solar Opposites S1 on Hulu. It definitely has Rick & Morty DNA, not quite as funny or creative but still enjoyable. Plus the show within a show they do is well executed. I plan to check out Season 2 when I catch up on some other things.

Made for Love - Overall enjoyable and I hope it comes back for a Season 2. Didn't blow me away, despite liking Cristin Milioti a lot and some of the other performances.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Sky Rojo on Netflix was entertaining. One of the main guys was the lead from the excellent 30 Coins on HBO. Hookers go on the run from their brothel in Tenerife, a trail of violence ensues. It's short, whole season is just about 3.5 hours. It doesn't just end on a cliffhanger though, it ends in the middle of a scene. Second season is in three months.

Aug 7, 2019
Series Getting Screen-time in April: 16

Infinity Train (Drifting Friend Abandonments/Best Based Bell/Series Finale Month of a Train to Somewhere)

Ben 10 (This Max Kept His Plumber Secret/Series Finale Month)

Teen Titans Go (Evil Peep Month)

Total DramaRama (Season Premiere/Chris McLean Month)

Apple and Onion (Magnetized to Ceiling and Arrogant Towards Dollar Store Month)

Amphibia (Two More Stone Chargings/Bessie Caretaker/Shifting Toad Politics Month)

Raven's Home (Stupid Note Drama/Debate Competition/QuaranTessing Month)

Spongebob (Bubble Bass Doesn't Pay/Pearl Works for Plankton Month)

The Simpsons (They Referenced a Fast Food Chain In a Title Month)

Family Guy (Gen Z Fit-In Month)

American Dad (Season Premiere Month)

Made for Love (Series Premiere Month/Bleak Season Finale Month)

Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist (Tobin and Makenzie Official/Swapping Glitch Month)

The Walking Dead/Talking Dead (Negan Burns Lucille and Grins at Maggie/10.5 and 9.5 Finales Month)

Wipeout (Revival With Changes Series Premiere Month)

May 2021: 3

My Hero Academia

Dr. Stone

Miraculous Ladybug

June 2021: 3

Pokemon Journeys

Rick and Morty

Big Brother

By July 2021: 1

Monsters at Work

August 2021: 1

Stargirl