• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Olrac

Oct 26, 2017
California
How are you liking the TV overall if you don't mind me asking?

Well, I'm coming from a 900e that I bought in 2017; my son was practicing martial arts in the house (thanks pandemic) and accidentally tapped the tv with his jo. That being said, this set is definitely brighter than my 900e. I really like the jump in refresh rate, the same movies and shows just look a little more fluid. Even though I use a Sony sound bar, I tested the default speakers and they definitely have more punch than the old set. Given that I just need a 50" model, I think this is a great tv for the $999 price range.

I am very happy with my purchase, but, I am just as much a min/maxer in real life as I am in my JRPGs. I feel like I'm missing something if I don't have the "best settings" for my set.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Similarly, I think that the CX also looks fantastic with the lights on. I'd read before picking up the CX that some detractors find oled to be dim in comparison to a top end LED and I certainly haven't found this to be the case so far.
They are objectively and indisputably much, much dimmer than top-end LEDs, despite the fantastic contrast due to perfect blacks (which isn't to say near-black performance is good). Whether you find it to be the case or not is kind of irrelevant when luminance is an objective measurement.

This newest HDTVTest video is actually great at showing this — it's easy to see how washed out and relatively less impactful even the brightest OLEDs on the market look compared to an OLED mastering screen that actually hits 1000 nits peak brightness. It's very perceptible in the comparisons he does around the 12:30-13:00 mark. Keep in mind both the A90J and G1 are already about 100-150 nits brighter than a CX.

Last edited:

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
After spending much of last November in hyper fever madness mode for a 65" CX (gotta get the newest and best for PS5 I thought) I managed to calm down due to a variety of good reasons. The pending mass availability of the C1 line brought it back the last few weeks but I've ultimately come to the same conclusion to just wait still. Chief among my concerns outside of the cost investment is that my current TV is simply too good. Despite lacking HDR and 4K /120hz , everything I run on this old Panasonic plasma has amazing contrast , great colours and even forcibly super sampled PS5 games look stunning. The FOMO is more of a "I guess this could be better and maybe 65" would be awesome compared to 55" " but I keep reading the same impressions from plasma owners who've done an OLED upgrade - it's better but not jaw dropping and ... am I reading this right ? Plasmas have better motion resolution ???? I can say one thing , I've never really noticed issues with 30fps content on this TV until testing out Demon Souls 4K mode which looked like a zoetrope it was so choppy. Am I to believe that ALL 30fps content looks like that on an OLED ???? As far as movies goes , I'm one of 5 remaining people on earth that owns and still watches 3D blurays so upgrading to a new LG I'd be losing that obviously , for smoothness though , once again - left to right fast pans are choppy currently , everything I've read says you can use "cinema clear" to remove this from films without making the whole thing look like it was shot on home video. Am I to believe that say "film maker mode" settings that movies might be choppier compared to my current TV ?????

for the time being I have decided it makes the most sense to wait until Black Friday week , hopefully a sensibly priced AVR with a working HDMI 2.1 board is available by then and the current crop of TVs gets a 30% drop similar to last year.

In the eventuality that I do a full HT upgrade , so long as my plasma still works it'll end up a bedroom TV I think , so I won't have to say goodbye to my 30 or so 3D blurays forever.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I'm coming from a 900e that I bought in 2017; my son was practicing martial arts in the house (thanks pandemic) and accidentally tapped the tv with his jo. That being said, this set is definitely brighter than my 900e. I really like the jump in refresh rate, the same movies and shows just look a little more fluid. Even though I use a Sony sound bar, I tested the default speakers and they definitely have more punch than the old set. Given that I just need a 50" model, I think this is a great tv for the $999 price range.

I am very happy with my purchase, but, I am just as much a min/maxer in real life as I am in my JRPGs. I feel like I'm missing something if I don't have the "best settings" for my set.
I'm the total opposite. I get overwhelmed trying to get ideal settings and just learn to love what's in place unless it's egregiously bad..

I'm debating between the X90J, X900H, X950H and CX. I've all but eliminated the 900H because the 90J is all around better at barely any difference in price.. 950 seems amazing for LED picture quality but I'm worried I'll miss out on 2.1 features in a few years time.. and the CX while great seems almost like a sidestep just because I already have a B7. This purchase will go in the living room which gets a lot of sun in the mornings, while the plan is to move the B7 to the basement for controlled lightning movie night. Hence the appeal of a supplemental LED. Plus getting a bigger size for the same cost of the CX 55" is appealing.

Olrac

Oct 26, 2017
California
I'm the total opposite. I get overwhelmed trying to get ideal settings and just learn to love what's in place unless it's egregiously bad..

I'm debating between the X90J, X900H, X950H and CX. I've all but eliminated the 900H because the 90J is all around better at barely any difference in price.. 950 seems amazing for LED picture quality but I'm worried I'll miss out on 2.1 features in a few years time.. and the CX while great seems almost like a sidestep just because I already have a B7. This purchase will go in the living room which gets a lot of sun in the mornings, while the plan is to move the B7 to the basement for controlled lightning movie night. Hence the appeal of a supplemental LED. Plus getting a bigger size for the same cost of the CX 55" is appealing.

my room is pretty bright and this tv keeps up much better than the old one. For the current price, it is a very good set.

DOTDASHDOT

Helios Abandoned. Atropos Conquered.
Oct 26, 2017
High motion resolution without distracting supplemental processing makes for a natural sense of PQ that contemporary displays can't touch. It's not "rose tinted glasses." It's a measurable disparity.

"Blows them away" depends on what you value in your displays and it's all relative to calibration preference/content/use case.

Feed 2020/2021 OLED's 120hz/120fps BFI, and it will easily surpass Plasma.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
After spending much of last November in hyper fever madness mode for a 65" CX (gotta get the newest and best for PS5 I thought) I managed to calm down due to a variety of good reasons. The pending mass availability of the C1 line brought it back the last few weeks but I've ultimately come to the same conclusion to just wait still. Chief among my concerns outside of the cost investment is that my current TV is simply too good. Despite lacking HDR and 4K /120hz , everything I run on this old Panasonic plasma has amazing contrast , great colours and even forcibly super sampled PS5 games look stunning. The FOMO is more of a "I guess this could be better and maybe 65" would be awesome compared to 55" " but I keep reading the same impressions from plasma owners who've done an OLED upgrade - it's better but not jaw dropping and ... am I reading this right ? Plasmas have better motion resolution ???? I can say one thing , I've never really noticed issues with 30fps content on this TV until testing out Demon Souls 4K mode which looked like a zoetrope it was so choppy. Am I to believe that ALL 30fps content looks like that on an OLED ???? As far as movies goes , I'm one of 5 remaining people on earth that owns and still watches 3D blurays so upgrading to a new LG I'd be losing that obviously , for smoothness though , once again - left to right fast pans are choppy currently , everything I've read says you can use "cinema clear" to remove this from films without making the whole thing look like it was shot on home video. Am I to believe that say "film maker mode" settings that movies might be choppier compared to my current TV ?????

for the time being I have decided it makes the most sense to wait until Black Friday week , hopefully a sensibly priced AVR with a working HDMI 2.1 board is available by then and the current crop of TVs gets a 30% drop similar to last year.

In the eventuality that I do a full HT upgrade , so long as my plasma still works it'll end up a bedroom TV I think , so I won't have to say goodbye to my 30 or so 3D blurays forever.
Can't comment on much of this, but I think demons souls 30 fps is just extremely bad with motion. I tried on my x900e and it was unbearable. I don't recall other 30 fps games like bloodborne looking that choppy or stuttery. I think their motion blur was just not there.

Radarscope1

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not into the TV scene but I am looking to get a new one later this year. Mainly for size. I'll say this about my 46 in plasma (2008 model) - the motion clarity is just stellar. I would not be able to stand for artifacting of any kind if I go to OLED. There's zero noticeable artifacts on my plasma, even on the fastest moving action during live sports.

Lucael

Oct 3, 2018
Hey guys, I can choose between the LG GX and LG C15, at the same price here, what would you suggest only for gaming?

DOTDASHDOT

Oct 26, 2017
There isn't 120fps film/television content.(thankfully)

That is true lol. On the 2021 LG OLED's, the new BFI implementation for 60hz/FPS is also plasma beating (for gaming) as there is virtually no dimming or flicker, it is very impressive, but you hear nothing about it, which is a shame.

Last edited:

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Yo!

Finally about to enter my first entire apartment rented only by myself.
And of course I want a big ass tv for my PS5/Switch Pro.

I'm looking for mid-to-low budget tvs, so I'm not really looking for any specific features and I'm not particularily bothered by lack of them or underwhelming stuff. That said of course, the best I can scoop up, the better. Ideally I would like one with a good OS that won't have me screaming at it for it's slowness (even better if it's something I can "hack" and dowload other non-native apps).

These have been the ones I've eyed for now, does anyone of you have any idea which one I should actually go for, or maybe has better alternatives? Forgot to say the pages are in Italian.

https://www.monclick.it/prodotti/8/ADH/hisense/50A7500F.htm#img10
https://www.e-stayon.com/tv-ultra-h...XUQ-s01qGLffsPG-14xnONwrdrh2kuMBoCXaUQAvD_BwE
https://www.onlinestore.it/394924-l...32_HYLFYYoSnNH4aboHuXTdTXK-IqebAaArnfEALw_wcB

Midnight

Jan 5, 2018
Apologies if this isn't the right topic, but I'm looking to buy a budget 4K TV and I'd appreciate some feedback, if possible.

These are the two options I've been eyeing with the prices I'm willing to spend right now:

TCL 50P615 (€350)
Hisense 50A7500F (€400)

The main thing that attracts me with the TLC TV is that it has Android TV, which would be useful to me since I use Google Chromecast at home.
However the Hisense one seems more well-rounded. with Dolby Vision HDR and it even has a game mode.

I'm not tech-savvy and I'm not looking for the best experience possible (given the budget constraints), just want something reliable for a casual user.

I'm more inclined to the 50A7500F because honestly I'm not familiar with the TCL brand at all, but I'd welcome opinions. Maybe there are other people with one of these TV's?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tires and televisions are things you shouldn't cheap out on. Delay your purchase for a few months to save money if you can; you'll be much better off in the long run.

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can say one thing , I've never really noticed issues with 30fps content on this TV until testing out Demon Souls 4K mode which looked like a zoetrope it was so choppy. Am I to believe that ALL 30fps content looks like that on an OLED ????
no, horizon zero dawn for example is perfectly smooth on my cx.

Midnight

Jan 5, 2018
Tires and televisions are things you shouldn't cheap out on. Delay your purchase for a few months to save money if you can; you'll be much better off in the long run.
That's true.

I am a fan of Samsung products and I was actually thinking about eventually getting one of their 4K TVs prior to this, I might just hold on some more and wait for a better deal if I get the chance.

Radarscope1

Oct 29, 2017
Motion was great on CRTs too but the world moves on.
True. The thing for me is, my plasma has motion clarity equal to the CRTs I used to have. The set was an upgrade in every way and I still marvel at how great broadcast TV, sports, movies and games look on it 11 years later. I know myself and I'm gonna be peeved with any "trade offs" I'll have to make, at least for a while.

My experience reading forums is the nitpicks and complaints are overblown, so I'm not too worried about it, though. I'm sure a C1 will be a hell of an upgrade over an 11 year old TV. At least I would hope.

Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
True. The thing for me is, my plasma has motion clarity equal to the CRTs I used to have. The set was an upgrade in every way and I still marvel at how great broadcast TV, sports, movies and games look on it 11 years later. I know myself and I'm gonna be peeved with any "trade offs" I'll have to make, at least for a while.

My experience reading forums is the nitpicks and complaints are overblown, so I'm not too worried about it, though. I'm sure a C1 will be a hell of an upgrade over an 11 year old TV. At least I would hope.
I'm in the same boat. I've got an ancient Panasonic plasma and it's a jack of all trades.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping all the other OLED manufacturers catch up to LG in the game support department in the next few years. I'm kind of "over" my LG C9 because of two recurrent, but not constant (meaning it's hard trying to get them serviced since they come and go) issues.

First is a stuck pixel that comes and goes with the mini-refresh cycle done ever 4 hours. The times it has reappeared it's been a bright green pixel (VERY annoying), a dark blue pixel (not too bad except on something very dark like Haunting of Hill House or the like), or a mid-brightness blue. Since it comes and goes it was impossible to get it serviced for it while still in warranty since it would be gone by the time a tech would get here.

Second, it has started to randomly boot into a mode where certain shadow details will be a purple-ish hue, almost like it's some kind of reverse negative effect. The first time it happened I thought it was an HDMI board failure since it was only happening on devices on the HDMI input on all picture modes, but the second time it happened it was happening on all inputs and internal apps, but this time only in Dolby Vision content. This one started when I was out of warranty, but again it has always resolved itself after I turn off the TV and let it sit a while and come back to it, and has only happened twice.

Because these come and go I've never even tried to call LG and the thing is out of warranty anyway so if they would even replace the panel for the stuck pixel I imagine I'd have to pay for it so at that point I may as well buy a new TV.

Because of this I'd really like to try maybe a Sony next time or something, but would need the VRR support and everything to be up to par. I'll definitely be getting an extended warranty on the next TV though regardless. It's kind of annoying having these issues after retiring a Kuro Plasma that had zero issues for ten years (and still works flawlessly in my Aunt & Uncle's living room).

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

A 65 c1 would be a massive jump over your small plasma.

DOTDASHDOT

Oct 26, 2017
Finally found someone covering 60hz/BFI on the C1/G1, you can see for yourselves the difference, vs the CX, it is so good. Don't go by the still shot :)

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Would I be wrong to assume that using a C1 with BFI set to at least 1 would alleviate any potential issues transitioning from plasma to OLED might incur ? Assuming you get lucky with panel lottery (minimal banding, no discoloured whites , mostly clear of DSE for near blacks , no stuck pixels etc).

I've largely been fortunate with panels in generaliser the years. First LCD monitor was an old benQ 22inch 16:10 screen that eventually burnt out after 4 years but had no issues in between. I bought a 42 Sony VVega RPTV around the same time and it had a single stuck pixel , the bulb was on the verge of dying on my 6 years later when I bought my current plasma and attempting to move it somehow knocked the projector out of alignment I guess so it ended up getting recycled. After the first PC monitor died I bought a Samsung 24 inch 1080p that I used for 5 years with no issues, sold it to a friend and it still works to this day. It got replaced by a 27" 3D monitor /TV that I used until 2016 when I got a 4K Gsync 32". The only issue the new one has is with its power cable not staying tight so if it gets bumped the right way the single goes out for a second. Picture quality is great though.

I can only hope this luck continues whenever I decide to blow 3k on the 4K HDR upgrade. Sure would be nice if I get 10 years out of it.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, I can choose between the LG GX and LG C15, at the same price here, what would you suggest only for gaming?
The C1 is the better display, but only slightly. It has lower latency at 60Hz, improved motion interpolation, and less banding near-black (but more noise).
I'd only choose the GX if you wanted to wall-mount it.

That is true lol. On the 2021 LG OLED's, the new BFI implementation for 60hz/FPS is also plasma beating (for gaming) as there is virtually no dimming or flicker, it is very impressive, but you hear nothing about it, which is a shame.
120Hz BFI is really only suitable for 120 FPS sources.
If you enable it with a 60 FPS source there are double-images in motion.

EDIT: I mistook 120Hz support for the "new BFI implementation".
I also forgot to refresh the page before submitting this, and see that you've now posted a video comparing the C1 and CX.

That prompted me to take a look at RTINGS' data, and it shows that the C1 is back to 50% BFI at 60Hz like the C9 did, with 8ms persistence, rather than 75% BFI on the CX for 4ms persistence.
That means more motion blur on the C1 than the CX, but also more brightness - the CX was too dim, dropping below 100 nits with it enabled.

Motion was great on CRTs too but the world moves on.
So we're just stuck with bad motion handling forever, then?

I can't agree with that at all.
I wish I still had the images, but I've done direct side-by-side comparisons between Pioneer Kuro plasmas and CRTs, and they did not fare well in the comparison.
I'd go as far as to say that motion is an order of magnitude clearer on CRT than Plasma - at least with the displays I compared.
LCD/OLED blurs everything. Plasma is clear for slower motion, but still blurs a lot with fast motion. CRTs are clear with fast motion.

They are objectively and indisputably much, much dimmer than top-end LEDs, despite the fantastic contrast due to perfect blacks (which isn't to say near-black performance is good). Whether you find it to be the case or not is kind of irrelevant when luminance is an objective measurement.

This newest HDTVTest video is actually great at showing this — it's easy to see how washed out and relatively less impactful even the brightest OLEDs on the market look compared to an OLED mastering screen that actually hits 1000 nits peak brightness. It's very perceptible in the comparisons he does around the 12:30-13:00 mark. Keep in mind both the A90J and G1 are already about 100-150 nits brighter than a CX.

There are many different factors that make the comparison difficult.
Cameras don't capture color the way our eye sees it, but there is metameric failure with LG's white OLED design whether using a camera or seeing these displays in person.
When both measure D65, they will look different. That's why many are calibrating OLEDs to offset white-points now, rather than exactly D65 - so that they match reference displays to the eye, no matter what a meter says.

But this image does illustrate what I've been complaining about for some time now:
oled-vs-reference-3dju6.jpg

The "white" subpixel on OLEDs is not D65 white - it's a cyan-tinted white.
So in bright scenes, where the white subpixel is used more, it shifts the color balance of the entire image and you're left with this somewhat desaturated and cold looking picture.

Warm sand on the LCDs, "white" sand on the OLED:
oled-wb3-j0jwm.jpg

Dusty orange buildings on the LCDs, white buildings and a clear blue sky on the OLED:
oled-wb2-9qjfw.jpg

Gray sidewalk on the LCD, cyan-tinted sidewalk on the OLEDs:
oled-wb1-d9ksz.jpg

Don't get me wrong - many of these images also show a huge difference in contrast.
But one of the reasons I'm hoping that something comes along to compete with OLED soon is for a return to RGB subpixels.

Last edited:

DOTDASHDOT

Oct 26, 2017
120Hz BFI is really only suitable for 120 FPS sources.
If you enable it with a 60 FPS source there are double-images in motion.

That isn't the case here, it is crystal clear with 60 FPS content using the high setting, low and medium do produce double images, and are not worth using at all. Like I said it's really excellent.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
That isn't the case here, it is crystal clear with 60 FPS content using the high setting, low and medium do produce double images, and are not worth using at all. Like I said it's really excellent.
Yes, sorry. I edited my post but not soon enough it seems.

They're back to driving 60Hz on the C1 just as they did on the C9.
They use 50% BFI for 8ms persistence on the C9/C1, rather than 75% BFI on the CX for 4ms persistence.
Lower persistence means less motion blur, but also a dimmer image - and it was too dim on the CX, dropping below the 100 nit SDR spec.

DOTDASHDOT

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, sorry. I edited my post but not soon enough it seems.

They're back to driving 60Hz on the C1 just as they did on the C9.
They use 50% BFI for 8ms persistence on the C9/C1, rather than 75% BFI on the CX for 4ms persistence.
Lower persistence means less motion blur, but also a dimmer image - and it was too dim on the CX, dropping below the 100 nit SDR spec.

Yeah that makes total sense, on the G1 you can see an ever so slight blur, and I mean slight, with the tradeoff being a way brighter/punchier image, they absolutely did the right thing here.

Tigerfan2019

Jun 14, 2020
Hey guys I'm looking for a 4k tv for my ps5 at about 40-43 inches. I know very little about tv's so your suggestions will be helpful.

Deluxury

Dec 3, 2018
Hello all, should I bother with OLED TVs if I'm already heavily sacrificing color accuracy for Warm 2 (Samsung) settings? Does OLED still make things looks much better at such settings, or will it further emphasize the inaccuracies?

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Hello all, should I bother with OLED TVs if I'm already heavily sacrificing color accuracy for Warm 2 (Samsung) settings? Does OLED still make things looks much better at such settings, or will it further emphasize the inaccuracies?

Warm 2 is the most color accurate setting on LG OLED if I'm not mistaken.

DOTDASHDOT

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure how many on here have, or are thinking about getting a G1, but be aware as it stands HGiG is totally broken.......but for reasons unknown, when I autocal'd it, it now works perfectly! Not sure how exactly, but instead of looking crap and losing around 300 nits, it now has the speculars of DTM, but with the correct midtones. What I don't understand is how the xboxs HGiG calibration screen acts like it should, with 8 clicks till clipping, but looked so underwhelming in content.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Not sure how many on here have, or are thinking about getting a G1, but be aware as it stands HGiG is totally broken.......but for reasons unknown, when I autocal'd it, it now works perfectly! Not sure how exactly, but instead of looking crap and losing around 300 nits, it now has the speculars of DTM, but with the correct midtones. What I don't understand is how the xboxs HGiG calibration screen acts like it should, with 8 clicks till clipping, but looked so underwhelming in content.
So it's not broken or it is? You are saying it was until you ran autocal?

Spliced-Up

Oct 29, 2017
I just purchased a 65in a80j. Overall the panel is super clean and uniform, but I notice the signature OLED off axis tint (whites shift blue a bit) from I'd say about 30 degrees or more. Most noticeable when I'm in my recliner and the further half of the screen has a tint. For those familiar OLEDs, what's the typical angle that they tend to start tinting?

Pachinko

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Do you guys recommend buying from Best Buy with the protection plan? Or could I get a C1 from say, Amazon?

Best Buy offers like a month of price protection (so if a sale outside of Black Friday happens after you buy something you can get back the difference) andwhile both they and Amazon offer warranty plans I've been lead to believe only BBs covers burn in. This is worth verifying for yourself at your regional store as some may differ.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
I just purchased a 65in a80j. Overall the panel is super clean and uniform, but I notice the signature OLED off axis tint (whites shift blue a bit) from I'd say about 30 degrees or more. Most noticeable when I'm in my recliner and the further half of the screen has a tint. For those familiar OLEDs, what's the typical angle that they tend to start tinting?

The Evo panels start tinting at any slight angle. They are more prone to it than any OLED panel I have seen yet. You have to be bang square in the middle for correct colour uniformity.

Spliced-Up

Oct 29, 2017
The Evo panels start tinting at any slight angle. They are more prone to it than any OLED panel I have seen yet. You have to be bang square in the middle for correct colour uniformity.

That's actually pretty reassuring, no issues with my a80j besides that. Super satisfied with it thus far, PQ is outstanding and it gets plenty bright. Even in SDR the highlights have lots of pop to them in games and movies.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still loving my A90J, but I'm also still having a problem with the Sharc spitting audio out of the wrong channels. I'm stuck using optical for now... but I miss my HDMI audio! Plus this Sharc is just sitting here at this point.

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm still loving my A90J, but I'm also still having a problem with the Sharc spitting audio out of the wrong channels. I'm stuck using optical for now... but I miss my HDMI audio! Plus this Sharc is just sitting here at this point.

Is there a way to enable eArc on other HDMI ports? Could have sworn I have seen such a device online...

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017

Ugh, for real? This is something that wasn't supposed to be an issue with OLED and one of the reasons to get away from LCD. It's awfully disappointing to hear all the drawbacks that have crept up over the last year with OLED that weren't issues before.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
Ugh, for real? This is something that wasn't supposed to be an issue with OLED and one of the reasons to get away from LCD. It's awfully disappointing to hear all the drawbacks that have crept up over the last year with OLED that weren't issues before.

It has always been an issue with OLEDs, well at least as far back as my B6 which had the same. It will still look good at an angle, and certainly better than an LCD, but if you have calibrated your display, it won't be accurate off axis.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Something happened in LG's new firmware - VRR flickering is mostly gone?

www.youtube.com

VRR FIXED ?! NEW FIRMWARE LG CX / GX / WX / FW 03.21.21

After the update to 03.21.21 on my LG CX I experienced almost none VRR Flickering anymore. Just in Tell my Why it is minor.
I keep getting the notfication but I haven't updated it yet. I only notice the flickering during a few games loading menus like outriders. I'm going to try to 1:1 this video now and see if I notice the flickers pre update and then post update Just for fun.