• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Prices for the 65 C9 are still garbage in the US outside of using greentoe. At this point I might as well wait for the 65 CX to drop below $2k this fall.

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
Probably not a bargain for a lot, but the 77C9 was at 3500 Euro last year in November, both on the 18th and 21. This is from geizhals.at

ynt0SCo.png

Oct 27, 2017
I've not had any issues at all. I never really take those issues to heart on consumer websites because everything has a failure rate. Get it from somewhere with an extended warranty if you're worried.
Just as an update, I did end up buying the C9 and Costco threw in an additional warranty with it. I am hyped for my first OLED

Got my Samsung UN55RU8000FXZA and what a change from my 1080 Vizio. Remembering from the reviews it telling the HDR is strong but it still looks great with the detailed blacks and the frames run smooth. What I need next is a good sound bar and I'm looking into this one unless anyone else has a better recommendation https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00SMBF...colid=HLOCB3FWAY9J&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Just need one that is simple but has good sound.

Harp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it at all likely the b9 or c9 will be discounted any more? Thinking about picking one up at bestbuy tomorrow because I like the prices (b9 at 1299 and c9 at 1499) but i can wait for a better price if it's likely

D BATCH

Nov 15, 2017
Is it at all likely the b9 or c9 will be discounted any more? Thinking about picking one up at bestbuy tomorrow because I like the prices (b9 at 1299 and c9 at 1499) but i can wait for a better price if it's likely
Yes they will go down more. Also a smaller chain will offer lower prices FYI.

Naru

May 11, 2019
I want to upgrade from HD to UHD but only have limited funds (700 Euro). I want to get one that is at least 55'' and has 100/120 Hz. The TV is used mainly for watching movies, sports etc. Gaming is done on the PC mostly. So since I can't buy an OLED, should I go for the LG ones with NanoCell ISP? I am eyeing the "LG 55SM8500PLA" currently for 640 €.

I came up with those > 60 Hz models (site is in German) in my price range:

Fernseher mit Diagonale ab 55", Bildfrequenz nativ: 100Hz/120Hz Preisvergleich Geizhals Deutschland

Preisvergleich und Bewertungen für Fernseher mit Diagonale ab 55", Bildfrequenz nativ: 100Hz/120Hz

JMeth

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Illinois
Anyone have any ideas why my C8 would suddenly stop sending a Atmos feed to my Denon receiver? I've used this setup for a year and a half now with no issues but now out of nowhere Atmos suddenly doesn't work and I see no changes at all to my settings.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
I want to upgrade from HD to UHD but only have limited funds (700 Euro). I want to get one that is at least 55'' and has 100/120 Hz. The TV is used mainly for watching movies, sports etc. Gaming is done on the PC mostly. So since I can't buy an OLED, should I go for the LG ones with NanoCell ISP? I am eyeing the "LG 55SM8500PLA" currently for 640 €.

Fernseher mit Diagonale ab 55", Bildfrequenz nativ: 100Hz/120Hz Preisvergleich Geizhals Deutschland

Preisvergleich und Bewertungen für Fernseher mit Diagonale ab 55", Bildfrequenz nativ: 100Hz/120Hz

Honestly? If you're going to play or watch in a dark environment, unless your tv is broken, Save money for a few more months until you can afford at least 55" Visio Oled which are coming this year and will be cheaper than LG.

If you rush into things, you will have an inferior TV that will not do HDR justice. That's my opinion.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017

Watch out, some of those might have 120hz processing ; but not accept a 120hz input, it's still a reasonably premium feature.
Maybe see if you can find a Samsung NU8000

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly? If you're going to play or watch in a dark environment, unless your tv is broken, Save money for a few more months until you can afford at least 55" Visio Oled which are coming this year and will be cheaper than LG.

If you rush into things, you will have an inferior TV that will not do HDR justice. That's my opinion.

Vizio don't sell outside of the US and typically when we give a price in Europe we are including sales tax (as it's not excluded as it is in the US)

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Is it normal that whenever I enable HDR in my games, the games get worse framerate? As in the controls aren't as responsive when I enable HDR

mdf/markus

Oct 30, 2017
A question for all the B9/C9 GSync users ...

The Nvidia website lists 4k and 1440p as compatible resolutions for using GSync on the LGs.
Is 1080p@120hz with GSync not compatible/recommended with such setups?

Still pretty new to HDR and Samsung TVs but question, does the HDR icon shows up when there is HDR content being used and not all the time? Also from some articles talking about enabling HDR on RU8000 there a setting called HDR+ Mode and HDMI UHD Color but I don't see it anywhere.

D BATCH

Nov 15, 2017
Still pretty new to HDR and Samsung TVs but question, does the HDR icon shows up when there is HDR content being used and not all the time? Also from some articles talking about enabling HDR on RU8000 there a setting called HDR+ Mode and HDMI UHD Color but I don't see it anywhere.
HDR Icon does not pop up on Samsung sets anymore. Stupid omission as LG does.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Sigh... time for the weekly LG/PS4 Pro RGB Full/Limited topic again, sorry.

Current set up is a LG C7 in Game Mode with Black Level set to Low in both SDR and HDR

PS4 Pro is set to Automatic for the Color Space Range

I'm noticing that using any video app (Netflix, Amazon, YouTube TV, HBO Go) in SDR is just crushing the black levels on my set. Yet, every calibration setting guide I find (RTings, etc) say to leave the black level on Low for SDR content. Generally this works 'ok', but more and more it's bugging me when watching movies. Side note, I'm also changing the TV to IFS Bright Room when watching movies.

Should I be forcing my PS4 to be in Limited mode when I watch video content in SDR?

EDIT - If I use the Netflix or Amazon app through the LG TV app, not the PS4, I don't appear to have the crushed black problems. However, since the LG content store doesn't have HBO Go, I'm forced to use that through the PS4 which is where I'm really noticing the problems.

Videophile

Tech Marketing at Elgato
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco, CA
Sigh... time for the weekly LG/PS4 Pro RGB Full/Limited topic again, sorry.

Current set up is a LG C7 in Game Mode with Black Level set to Low in both SDR and HDR

PS4 Pro is set to Automatic for the Color Space Range

I'm noticing that using any video app (Netflix, Amazon, YouTube TV, HBO Go) in SDR is just crushing the black levels on my set. Yet, every calibration setting guide I find (RTings, etc) say to leave the black level on Low for SDR content. Generally this works 'ok', but more and more it's bugging me when watching movies. Side note, I'm also changing the TV to IFS Bright Room when watching movies.

Should I be forcing my PS4 to be in Limited mode when I watch video content in SDR?

EDIT - If I use the Netflix or Amazon app through the LG TV app, not the PS4, I don't appear to have the crushed black problems. However, since the LG content store doesn't have HBO Go, I'm forced to use that through the PS4 which is where I'm really noticing the problems.
I would suggest not trusting the automatic settings. Set the PS4 to full or limited to match what the TV is set to. If you don't want any issues and set and forget, then go with the limited/high setting.

Note that in HDR the color range does not apply as its always limited (The signal going to the TV from the console is in YUV which is limited by default. color range only applies when sending an RGB signal)

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I would suggest not trusting the automatic settings. Set the PS4 to full or limited to match what the TV is set to. If you don't want any issues and set and forget, then go with the limited/high setting.

Note that in HDR the color range does not apply as its always limited (The signal going to the TV from the console is in YUV which is limited by default. color range only applies when sending an RGB signal)
I put my PS4 into Limited and kept the Black Level set to Low on the TV and it seems to have solved the issue for SDR content. I was able to see more detail in dark scenes without having the blacks washing out. It's still really odd to me that the PS4's "Automatic" setting doesn't seem to work. I have my PS4 going to a Denon receiver and am now wondering if that's the reason for the PS4 not detecting the correct RGB color range.

Nothing

Oct 30, 2017
www.flatpanelshd.com

Samsung reveals US pricing for 2020 4K TVs & some 8K TVs

Samsung's new 8K LCD TVs will start at $3500 for a 65
Pricing of the 2020 4K Samsung TVs seem bad considering the models are downgraded and the equivalent of the current Q70R and Q80R, are the Q80T and Q90T respectively. Not sure how they perform but I doubt we are seeing a massive improvement over the 2019 models.
It seems like they've been downgrading most of their positions and resting on their brand name laurels with inflated pricing for a few consecutive years now. Not to mention that HDR10+ hasn't progressed during these years either.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
lost my old tv in a freak way yesterday and looking for a mid range replacement (nothing crazy) with low input lag/solid hdr/just a good all arounder.

Eyeing the tcl 65R625 but im reading about motion issues, shipping issues and dead tvs a year in. any one dealt with that set or have better recs in similar price range?

Shotterke

Prophet of Regret
Oct 31, 2017
Belgium
So next week I will finally install everything in my new place and I have some questions (Never had anything except basic tv's).

TV: LG C9
Receiver: Pioneer VSX 830k

Devices I want to connect:
PC: RTX 2080 Super
Console: PS4 Pro & Nintendo Switch
Extra: Firestick 4k & Chromecast

I'm waiting to replace my receiver until there are some HDMI 2.1 receivers available.

LG C9 has 4 HDMI ports:
HDMI 1: PC
HDMI 2 (ARC): Receiver - PS4 Pro and Switch connected
HDMI 3: Firestick
HDMI 4: Chromecast

Now my questions:
How do I configure the audio settings? Do I have to change the settings for HDMI port 1, 3 & 4 that they have to send audio through HDMI 2 (ARC)?
For the PS4 Pro putting the Pioneer on pass through should be enough to get 4k/60fps and HDR?
Would it just be easier to get a HDMI switch? Are there any good HDMI 2.1 switches?

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
So next week I will finally install everything in my new place and I have some questions (Never had anything except basic tv's).

TV: LG C9
Receiver: Pioneer VSX 830k

Devices I want to connect:
PC: RTX 2080 Super
Console: PS4 Pro & Nintendo Switch
Extra: Firestick 4k & Chromecast

I'm waiting to replace my receiver until there are some HDMI 2.1 receivers available.

LG C9 has 4 HDMI ports:
HDMI 1: PC
HDMI 2 (ARC): Receiver - PS4 Pro and Switch connected
HDMI 3: Firestick
HDMI 4: Chromecast

Now my questions:
How do I configure the audio settings? Do I have to change the settings for HDMI port 1, 3 & 4 that they have to send audio through HDMI 2 (ARC)?
For the PS4 Pro putting the Pioneer on pass through should be enough to get 4k/60fps and HDR?
Would it just be easier to get a HDMI switch? Are there any good HDMI 2.1 switches?

Question. How would I connect my rig to the TV in my small ass room?

Videophile

Tech Marketing at Elgato
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco, CA
I put my PS4 into Limited and kept the Black Level set to Low on the TV and it seems to have solved the issue for SDR content. I was able to see more detail in dark scenes without having the blacks washing out. It's still really odd to me that the PS4's "Automatic" setting doesn't seem to work. I have my PS4 going to a Denon receiver and am now wondering if that's the reason for the PS4 not detecting the correct RGB color range.
Having a device between the PS4 and TV could certainly introduce issues. Who knows how exact the metadata pass-through of the receiver is or if it messes with the signal otherwise. I also have a Denon receiver and set all my color ranges manually to make sure there are no issues. Im glad to see setting it manually worked for you!

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Haven't kept up too much on the upcoming TVs, but I was wondering if we had a rough idea yet on when the next big LG TVs will roll out and what they might cost.

I'm hoping to have one ready when the PS5 and XSX roll out. What's looking like the top TV recommendations with those consoles in mind?

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Automatic puts the PS4 in full rgb mode in my case. If I set it to auto and the tv black level to high, it seems to work as intended (SDR and HDR). Leaving it on low, crushes blacks. Strange that the LG hasn't got an auto mode too.
To be on the safe side, I probably go back to the low/ limited combo.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Automatic puts the PS4 in full rgb mode in my case. If I set it to auto and the tv black level to high, it seems to work as intended (SDR and HDR). Leaving it on low, crushes blacks. Strange that the LG hasn't got an auto mode too.
To be on the safe side, I probably go back to the low/ limited combo.
If I keep my PS4 in Auto or Full and put my TV Black level to High, then my blacks are totally washed out (really grey/light). Luckily, when my PS4 goes into HDR mode I don't have any issues with the blacks being crushed because it's not in RGB anymore.

Apr 21, 2018
If I keep my PS4 in Auto or Full and put my TV Black level to High, then my blacks are totally washed out (really grey/light). Luckily, when my PS4 goes into HDR mode I don't have any issues with the blacks being crushed because it's not in RGB anymore.

thats its very strange, you should always set one of both, RGB Full/TV High or RGB Limited/TV Low but never mismatch.

funny note: under PC Mode im getting a little more of shadow detail using full/high, its very strange.

l read on another thread that under PC mode the TV its always expecting 4k @ 60 Hz @ Full RGB, but l do get a little more of banding.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Damn so many first world problems. I bought the 55'' Q70R and (coming from a 5 year old Philips 48'' HD) went from "shit that thing is big" to "I probably should have gotten the 65'' one" in like 60 minutes. Reason for getting the Samsung and not the similar Sony which many recommend was the that my parents have the Sony 900f or what's it called and I could never deal with the slow UI. Also having Freesync is huge for me since I play mostly PC games.
I was able to get the 55'' Q70R for 800 bucks here in Germany, saving me over 300 compared to the 65'' which I though I invest in a new soundbar since my Sony HT-XT1 has no 4k HDR passthrough. I also sit only around 7 to 7.5 feet from the TV.

Now I noticed that Samsung has a cash back promotion going which gives me 100 bucks back for my Q70R which would mean end up paying "only" 700€ for it. Still debating to get the bigger one which would cost me 1020€ with the 125€ promotion I would get back. Sending back the 55' would mean I have to pay 50-60 Euro for shipping so that adds to the cost of the 65''. I'll probably keep the 55''....

Lilalaunebaer

Oct 27, 2017
I think i asked before on here, or some other display thread? Anyway.

I wanna sell my 55" B7, but it´s kinda hard to gauge how much i should ask for. Obiously can´t compare to the current models price, and the old ones aren´t being sold retail, and used prices are ALL over the place. Was thinking 800€. Am i too high/low with that? The 55" C9 is currently being sold for around 1300€ here if that helps.