• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
Will the C10 support HDR 10+ ? Are they still using the same panel as the 2018 and 2019 models?

ShaDowDaNca

Nov 1, 2017
Give me...

FALD LED with many zones,1500+ Nits,HDMI 2.1/4K/120/1440p/120+ WITH HDR,VRR,Low Input Lag and Quantum Dots.
Preferably not made by Samsung or LG.

55-65 inch(bedroom)

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Rtings has tested it and there has been no real downward trend in brightness or Color gamut over 10000 hours of use.
www.rtings.com

Real-Life OLED Burn-In Test On 6 TVs

There are concerns about OLED long-term performance due to the possibility of burn-in. We bought 6 LG OLED C7s to play real, non-altered content. It should give you a better idea of what to expect depending on what you watch on your TV.

I don't actually see your quoted results on that web page...

Greekboy™

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Very interesting that LG will be offering 3 different 4K models at 77" size.

You get the feeling that they will probably try to push these models the hardest. Maybe trying to precondition consumers for future 8K set purchases.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
HDR 10+ is good for low nit displays.
Isn't it just Samsungs version of dynamic metadata though? It's fundamentally the same as Dolby Vision I thought

Never really understood desiring HDR10+ be added to Dolby Vision displays. It seems to me that HDR10+ is just for Samsung TVs to try and compensate for not having Dolby Vision. I don't think there will ever be a substantial amount of HDR10+ exclusive content, and mostly every piece if content that includes HDR10+ will include Dolby Vision metadata as well. Only thing I could see it being useful for is if next gen consoles don't support DV, but I think they will. DV seemingly won this format war a while ago imo.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
100,000 hours to 50% brightness.

Let's assume 8 hours per day, and assume half that figure, 50,000 hours.

That's 17 years.

Let's assume 25,000 hours. That's 8 years.

OLED lasts a long time. Anyone that says "organic" degrades or is worse than non-organic tech is creating a red herring.

50% brightness loss is absolutely extreme. That's not even usable anymore. Even 10% brightness loss would be noticeable.

I'm not saying it's a problem. I just don't think that 50% brightness loss should be the measure.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My prediction time is the 48 inch oled will be lgs best seller because it will
also attract Pc gamers that are tired of being scammed by monitors. Just saw a 32 inch mini led acer monitor get announced and it is 3500!!

Yeah, the 48" is starting to get really attractive as a monitor. PC monitor market is awful, "high-end" $2k FALD monitors that are outperformed by sub-$1k TVs.

I'm still debating what I want to do for my PC setup, 55C9 or wait for CX48? I'm waiting to see if AMD and NVIDIA announce HDMI2.1-capable GPUs this week. AMD is coming with big NAVI, it would make sense but we'll have to see.

Ninjician-

Oct 29, 2017
50% brightness loss is absolutely extreme. That's not even usable anymore. Even 10% brightness loss would be noticeable.

I'm not saying it's a problem. I just don't think that 50% brightness loss should be the measure.

The take-away from my post should be that you will purchase a new TV before seeing a difference. 100,000 hours at 12 hours per day is 22 years.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
I don't actually see your quoted results on that web page...
real-burn-in-hdr-2-large.jpg

real-burn-in-hdr-10-large.jpg

real-burn-in-hdr-100-large.jpg

real-burn-in-color-gamut-large.jpg

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Not yet. I wish they would announce prices when they announce their TV lineup. I am really curious to see what TCL and Hisense have to offer, because they really make great TV's for a really good price.

Dang, any idea when they will?

I'm interested in the launch price just so I can maybe get a rough estimate for how much they may drop by Black Friday 2020.

ShaDowDaNca

Nov 1, 2017
Isn't it just Samsungs version of dynamic metadata though? It's fundamentally the same as Dolby Vision I thought

Never really understood desiring HDR10+ be added to Dolby Vision displays. It seems to me that HDR10+ is just for Samsung TVs to try and compensate for not having Dolby Vision. I don't think there will ever be a substantial amount of HDR10+ exclusive content, and mostly every piece if content that includes HDR10+ will include Dolby Vision metadata as well. Only thing I could see it being useful for is if next gen consoles don't support DV, but I think they will. DV seemingly won this format war a while ago imo.
Yes
Check this out

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, US
Dang, any idea when they will?

I'm interested in the launch price just so I can maybe get a rough estimate for how much they may drop by Black Friday 2020.

Both TCL and Hisense have their press conferences today at CES and will unveil their new TV lineups for 2020. I will expect that both TCL and Hisense will announce more high end tv's which be more expensive than their current offering.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Give me...

FALD LED with many zones,1500+ Nits,HDMI 2.1/4K/120/1440p/120+ WITH HDR,VRR,Low Input Lag and Quantum Dots.
Preferably not made by Samsung or LG.

55-65 inch(bedroom)

Unless Vizio drops the ball with input lag, the Vizio 65 PQX is going to fit these needs.
https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/5/21049756/vizio-new-4k-tvs-oled-p-series-quantum-x-ces-2020

It being Vizio, the QA is going to be a bit more of a risk because Vizio gonna Vizio, but the prices should be competitive for the crazy specs and image quality at least.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Any reason to get the CX instead of the C9 (C9 is 45% off in India right now)?

The CX has a few neat features from the looks of it (we would need to see it get into real reviewer hands to know how good the processing / AI whatever improvements are for the experience and image), but it doesn't look like it's getting anything absolutely vital over the C9. Getting the C9 for a really good deal this year seems like the smartest purchase one can make when it comes to OLED.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know why I get a washed out picture in HDR when set to 120hz at 1080p on my B7? I've found other mentions of it online, but no solution.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A little disappointed in the CX.

TBH, I'm much more interested in the new PQX.

The CX is only disappointing because the C9 was that fucking good. LG was a year ahead of everyone else and this year it's leveling out a bit.

But I agree that the PQX is hitting all the sweet spots for what I look for in a FALD set - though we'll see how chunky the prices get, especially on that 85 inch model.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
They've had OLEDs for the last 3-4 years. They only release them abroad though, so no U.S. release
Oh, I know, I was just wondering if they actually showed off a new model. If it had HDMI 2.1 I might consider it. Although at the price it will likely be I'd rather put that money towards a 77 inch CX.

Nobility

Oct 25, 2017
A little surprised TCL didn't announce any new TVs but I can imagine them having a mid-year event like Vizio did last year.

Great for existing 6 series customers though.

DOTDASHDOT

Helios Abandoned. Atropos Conquered.
Oct 26, 2017
Ok so we have a Vinny imposter.....or is it the real Vinny? Does Vinny have multiple YouTube TV channels? Oh shit, who's the real Vinny!!?? Lol

screenshot_20200106-27sjo4.jpg

screenshot_20200106-20njg6.jpg

Deleted member 35478

User-requested account closure
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
How in the world is there still discussion about OLED burn in (burn out)? If the bulk of what you're watching, thousands of hours, of CNN type news content, skip OLED. But literally everyone else is fine getting an OLED, especially the newer panels LG 8/9 series and up.

OP
OP
Bumrush

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
TCLs conference was good until they ONLY MENTIONED THEIR 8K AND MINILED TVS for 2020. TCL, you know millions of people will buy your 5/6 series TVs so why not...mention them?

CarbonCrush

Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys think a £1,000 budget will be enough to get a decent sub 50" 4K TV with all the next generation bells and whistles?