• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
Jack-Bauer-badass.jpg
Jack Bauer is not a good person, but he would not vote for Trump. He is a national security nutjob, and Trump is a national security threat that has ties to Russia. That said he probably would vote Republicans down ballot if they make promise in those issues. The problem is, so many Republicans are compromised from insurrection that he would more likely start breaking fingers of every republican congress people for information than vote for them.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else seeing the same first post at the top of every page? It's strange.

Frasier-cast-then-and-now-915090.jpg

Here's how I see it:

- Martin's an ex-cop.
- Daphne's an immigrant that came here legally (I could see an "eff you got mine" mentality but this is a stretch even for me).
- Frasier and Niles are upper class. (edit: they're liberal, I forgot)
- Roz is the only one I could see definitely not voting Repub.
- Bulldog is Bulldog.

Roz and Daphne are probably the only 2 who wouldn't be right-leaning.

Last edited:

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Doug Heffernan from King of Queens is 100% a MAGA, but his character is too lazy to vote. He's anti intellectual, him and his wife are "fuck you I got mine" people and as already said he's lazy and always looking for a quick fix for things and Trumps BS is right up that street.

His daughter is Chinese though, so i'd be interesting to see how he copes in the current climate.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
About Quark, though, I don't see him voting Republican. Ever. They would be too barbaric for him. What they only share in common is the greed. Odo would do it instantly, especially if the Republicans promised him they would capture and kick Quark from DS9.

Jun 22, 2019
Nah, he would think Qanon is some Russian plot made to destabilize America.

Dale has moments where he gives off that low-key weird reverence of Russia, and thus I think like many modern republican voters under Trump he would flip from it being a scapegoat to "Russia isn't so bad actually." I think Dale would be super into Qanon. But he would be making up his own guesses straight from the source that would probably often run counter to whatever the common view is.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else seeing the same first post at the top of every page? It's strange.

Frasier-cast-then-and-now-915090.jpg

Here's how I see it:

- Martin's an ex-cop.
- Daphne's an immigrant that came here legally (I could see an "eff you got mine" mentality but this is a stretch even for me).
- Frasier and Niles are upper class.
- Bulldog is Bulldog.

Martin is conservative and Fraiser and Niles are liberal. There's an episode where Marty appears on local conservatives election TV spot and the boys are so applaud they go out their way to back the Liberal opposition candidate.

Deleted member 6263

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Martin is conservative and Fraiser and Niles are liberal. There's an episode where Marty appears on local conservatives election TV spot and the boys are so applaud they go out their way to back the Liberal opposition candidate.
Great point, I totally forgot about that episode! Too bad about Patterson's alien abduction lol

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If there is one person in King of the Hill who would 100% be a Trump voter, it's Kahn.
See I thought that at first because of the fuck you got mine attitude BUT he's also constantly trying to impress Ted Wassanasong and his buddies, who I think would probably vote Democrat out of appearance and social cred.

I think given he's a sympathetic character ultimately Kahn would vote "authentically" in the end based on what he thinks is right rather than based on how he wants to be seen. Rather or not that is good is up to the viewer.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Dale has moments where he gives off that low-key weird reverence of Russia, and thus I think like many modern republican voters under Trump he would flip from it being a scapegoat to "Russia isn't so bad actually." I think Dale would be super into Qanon. But he would be making up his own guesses straight from the source that would probably often run counter to whatever the common view is.
Interesting. I don't remember that about Dale but it's been a while since I last watched King of the Hill.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yami Yugi. Staunchly anti-weed, don't forget he cut some Drug War PSAs back in the day, and dude owned slaves.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Normal Yugi would probably be Republican too, but only because as a short, gamer with not much success with woman he'd be radicalized by GamerGate and become a Maga memer.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't surprise me that in the world of Yugioh you become the POTUS by beating your opponent(s) in a Children's Card Game.
Actually, not really? It's more like whoever is pumping the most money into the children card game have the most power in the society. The best duelists might be enforcers of that status quo, but in a lot of series the government isn't particularly skilled at the game, but they control it more or less.

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone mention It's Always Sunny already? Frank would definitely vote Trump.

Edit: forgot the hate to admit it part, which I wouldn't for anyone for It's Always Sunny.

Last edited:

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I can make a real strong case for no self-respecting Ferengi being a Republican voter (without being directly bribed or threatened to do so).

Republican "morality" is a direct impediment to profit. Moreover, we have actual evidence that everyone makes more profit, the rich and the poor, when Democrats are in control than when Republicans are.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
About Quark, though, I don't see him voting Republican. Ever. They would be too barbaric for him. What they only share in common is the greed. Odo would do it instantly, especially if the Republicans promised him they would capture and kick Quark from DS9.
Quark wouldn't vote as he would view it as a great evil to society. He would however give money to both candidates in exchange for political favors.

jp319

Oct 27, 2017
Martin Crane.
Ex military and ex cop, sits in front of the TV all day.
Here's how I see it:

- Martin's an ex-cop.
- Frasier and Niles are upper class. (edit: they're liberal, I forgot)
- Bulldog is Bulldog.

I just can't see Martin buying into Trump's bullshit. He also has too much empathy to turn a blind eye. He would have voted for Hillary.

Bulldog would have definitely voted for Trump.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
He'd would definitely lie about it if anyone asked, but we all kinda know deep down
1a154308f860e52f9b706b8c218442ca.jpg

No, he's quite clearly an average middle class liberal. He's absolutely closer to Beto or Buttigieg than he is AOC or Bernie though.

Most of the Office definitely would vote red, the few who would vote blue would be Jim, Pam, Creed, and Daryl.

Gabe would be the proudest of boys.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6263

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just can't see Martin buying into Trump's bullshit. He also has too much empathy to turn a blind eye. He would have voted for Hillary.

Bulldog would have definitely voted for Trump.
Idk, I remember re-watching the series a couple months ago and Martin said a few things that were kinda in line with how Trump viewed the BLM protests. I can't remember what he said exactly but for sure some of his quotes/ways of thinking haven't aged well.

No, he's quite clearly an average middle class liberal.

Most of the Office definitely would though, the few who would vote blue would be Jim, Pam, Creed, and Daryl.

Gabe would be the proudest of boys.
Add to the list - Phyllis, Angela, and Ryan would be Republican.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Idk, I remember re-watching the series a couple months ago and Martin said a few things that were kinda in line with how Trump viewed the BLM protests. I can't remember what he said exactly but for sure some of his quotes/ways of thinking haven't aged well.

Add to the list - Phyllis, Angela, and Ryan would be Republican.

Oscar too. Dude might be a gay minority, but he had no problem sleeping with the republican senator.

Kevin would vote for whoever has the best SWAG.

Michael would have been all over the place, but would have ultimately voted for Trump after Biden (a local Scranton celebrity) turned down an invitation to speak at the Office and he realized that Trump was the guy from Home Alone 2.

Ryan would have been the Bernie-Tech Bro who ultimately switched to Trump after Bernie dropped out.

Last edited:

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
She would vote Republican when the curtain is drawn, she comes from a super rich family and ultimately all of them are so damned selfish, it's the premise of the whole show

I'm not saying she'd be a leftist. Plenty of selfish, wealthy people vote Democrat. It's not a high bar. Elaine would vote D based on cultural issues if not anything else. She's extremely pro-choice.

Mr. President

Oct 27, 2017
She would vote Republican when the curtain is drawn, she comes from a super rich family and ultimately all of them are so damned selfish, it's the premise of the whole show
Plenty of white rich selfish liberals who vote Democrat in Manhattan.
Seinfeld takes place in the Upper West Side of Manhattan, in one of the most D+ districts in the country.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah but performative progressivism is also central to their characters. I'd say they're standard moderate Democrats. No chance in hell I could see Elaine or George supporting Trump.

Deleted member 6263

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
friends-cast-promo-finaljpg.jpg

They live in NYC but they don't fool me.

Ross is basically the 90's version of the Incel.
What does the 90s version of an incel mean to you? Ross had 10 girlfriends and slept with all of them multiple times (and married 3 of them). That's more than the Chan Chan Man lol

Plus he puts a ton of emphasis on science, I don't think he'd ever vote Republican with all their climate change denying and COVID-hoax thinking.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ma and Pa Kent (but not Superman himself).

Starks.

Waynes (Waynes heavy on philanthropy though and this one depends on version of Waynes. The Joker Wayne's probably Republicans tho)

Jack Bauer.