• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017

• Developed by Factor 5 with the assistance of Strictly Limited Games.
  • Possibly Anniversary Edition - 30 years (maybe just a slightly updated version or a Remaster?)
  • Trailer at Opening Night Live (Gamescom)
  • Pre-Order will go live right after ONL

noesch

Oct 31, 2017
Southern Germany
Didn't they just shrink to a skeleton crew of important people in order to build up again? Could be wrong.

I think I remember an interview with Julian Eggebrecht where he talked about it. IIRC they closed Factor 5 in 2010 and he founded another company that worked on social games and he and his crew was responsible for the technology behind several video streaming apps. I'm not quite sure but I think he mentioned Netflix and Hulu(?). In 2017 they announced that they founded Factor 5 again and also that they bought the Turrican rights and all of former Rainbow Arts IP.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I think I remember an interview with Julian Eggebrecht where he talked about it. IIRC they closed Factor 5 in 2010 and he founded another company that worked on social games and he and his crew was responsible for the technology behind several video streaming apps. I'm not quite sure but I think he mentioned Netflix and Hulu(?). In 2017 they announced that they founded Factor 5 again and also that they bought the Turrican rights and all of former Rainbow Arts IP.
There was this from 2013 too https://www.destructoid.com/new-turrican-title-in-the-works-248302.phtml

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017

I think you're right. Thanks for the info.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know anything about these games, never heard of this franchise before. But I just hit Youtube to check some clips out and FUCK ME THE MUSIC!!!

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Haven't heard the name Factor 5 in a long time. Didn't they die off from an attempt to make games in the early days of the struggling HD era of the ps3 and xbox 360?

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
F5 being back is a big surprise considering Eggebrecht only started up a new studio within Epic Games in Cologne last year.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on if Manfred Trenz has involvement with this? I know Factor 5 has the name-brand, but Turrican and the sequel were his original designs for the C64.

antipod

Oct 30, 2017
I don't care if the game end up great or not, I'll get a limited edition day 1 anyway, just to support it coming back! Turrican 2 is one of my greatest gaming memories and still decades later have the most memorable OST.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
One of those games that played ok, had cool music, but I don't remember it being actually good?

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Turrican, now that's a game that brings back good old memories!

dose

Oct 29, 2017
Turrican 2 on the Amiga was an amazing game. Let's hope this does it justice.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Any easy way to play these games legitimately today, without emulation?

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
It will almost certainly be an EGS exclusive on PC.. because it looks like almost all of the old Factor 5 people work for Epic now..

unless Factor 5 has risen from the ashes as a completely new company.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
There are certain IP's from certain studios that invoke sweet memories for me, and this is one of them. Playing Turrican on the Commodore 64 in '90/'91 and Turrican II on the Genesis in '92 were blissful times. Great news for old school gamers like me.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like Turrican II needs to be involved in some form because that's like the Turrican game, but the original is still a fantastic game that is hugely underrated, so I'd be perfectly happy with just that if it's a remake.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Factor 5 was never gone, but they got close.

There was a lot of history talk on a recent german podcast:

www.spieleveteranen.de

#172: Turrican

Flüssiges Scrolling, ausgefeilte Steuerung, packende Musik und raffinierte Levels, die zum Entdecken einladen: Turrican ist ein Action-Meilenstein »made in Düsseldorf«, dessen 30. Geburtstag wir mi…

It's a very worthwhile listen for Factor 5 and Turrican fans.

Azubah

Dec 30, 2017
I'm in the middle of going through the Turrican games on Sega and Nintendo now, this is a neat coincidence.