• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mr Swine

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
The guy that ported TurokEX(This version of Turok) also ported DOOM 64 EX to PC. He had to reverse engineer the entire game because the source code was lost for DOOM 64(making a regular port impossible) While developing the engine for TurokEX Nightdive hired him and that's why we have Turok 1 and 2 on consoles, which use the PC versions as a base.

https://doom64ex.wordpress.com

Meh, as good as Doom64ex is, it's no Doom64. I wish the source code was not lost :/

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
This is certainly not what I expected for the first N64 game on the Switch.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
I'd pay a high price to have Turok on a cartridge once again.
If they released Turok 1 & 2 bundled together on a single cart, that'd be fucking phenomenal.

In fact, I made a mock-up of such a thing a while back:
QAKoK2R.png

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
My very first FPS. Not golden eye. Not doom not fucking nothing. Tal' Cet is ma dude! I remember reading about the development in EGM and salivating. This fame was so hard for me that I had to use a code that allowed your lower extremities to not take damage. Goat game

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nice, will grab it for sure. Hope one day we'l get a real sequel, or reboot that isnt SPEHS MUHRENS

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Nice, will grab it for sure. Hope one day we'l get a real sequel, or reboot that isnt SPEHS MUHRENS
Totally agreed, I'd love a proper sequel/reboot that captures what made the original great and/or leans into the horribly undercooked but potentially awesome Metroidvania aspects of Turok 2.

Oct 26, 2017
He's been gone too long. Welcome Home Tal Set, Son of Stone.
With T2 coming as well I'd imagine.

Hell I'd take Rage Wars as well.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Now we can get a legit comparison to Ark and Turok on Switch.

Interesting but $25 seems pretty high but guessing it would be cheaper in USD.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This is fantastic news, I have such a love for the original and still enjoy playing it today. Glad to see its coming to more platforms and I hope Nightdive continue to bring their library of remasters to other systems.

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
I loved Turok 1 and 2 back in the day on N64, Turok2 slightly more so.

Having replayed both on PC (the Nightdive remakes/remasters) I have to say that my enjoyment of Turok 1 here had completely different reasons than back on N64. On N64 it was an atmospheric and slow shooter, heavy weapons with visible impact on enemies.

The m&k controlled and high framerate version on PC is more like a racing game where the shooting takes a backseat, it felt completely new and awesome because of it. Now I actually like Turok 1 more than the second because it's leveldesign allowed for this speed to be maintained over the course of the entire game and the music actually complements this playstyle, something the second does less so.

If you ever get the chance, go high speed (no idea how well this would work on a Switch?)

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada
I still remember the big cheat code off the top of my head! NTHGTHDGDCRTDTRK... I entered this code way too many times as a kid.

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017
Took long enough lol. I would always asked them about Turok and Turok 2 coming to switch and they would never reply but like all the tweets and then finally last year they responded.
2be18d7f390a2c702fe115d763678852.png

Turok 2 Shouldn't be far behind.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD

RandomDudeSTL

Dec 5, 2017
I was wondering when they were finally going to bring these to Switch - I have to imagine these will sell much better there than on PC/XBox since lots of Nintendo gamers have nostalgia for them.