• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Hey.

Can we stop using every thread on Era as an excuse to shitpost about The Last Jedi? It's really, really not relevant here.

Thanks.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It was a red eyed blue bodied silly long neck water honker.
Sure looks strange to me.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
giphy.gif

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
So...how does the licensing deal work with Turok? Is it in chunks? Pretty much like how Marvel deals out the SpideMan license?
Wouldn't know personally. I only know what goes on with the licensing with the games we have done, and what I do know even in that regard is under confidence (i.e it's not my information to tell). It is, however as far as I know, one of the more straightforward licensed titles we've done. Probably not a surprise given they seem to be prepared to deal with original indie titles as well as shown here.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't know personally. I only know what goes on with the licensing with the games we have done, and what I do know even in that regard is under confidence (i.e it's not my information to tell). It is, however as far as I know, one of the more straightforward licensed titles we've done.
Hope this means Turok 3 and Rage Wars will get eventual rereleases!

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
D'aww! Looks like it's heavily inspired by the original 50's comics.

Hope there will be lots of chonky Honkers.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I mean it's cute but uhhhhhhh

Not sure what to feel about this

It's neat that it's based on the old comics I guess?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I didn't know what I expected to see when I clicked on this thread, but I definitely didn't expect it to look so adorable.

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
I saw the title.

I clicked it expecting something like Dungeon Keeper Mobile or the Harry Potter "pay or the kid chokes" mobile game, a > shoot honker > wait two hours or pay 5€ to see if it lands (accuracy boosters available, 0.99€ each, one per arrow, 66% chance tops) kind of thing.

So I still won.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What the hell, lol

Looks cute tho and makes me more interested than a regular FPS Turok would tbh

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
It looks pretty good.

I never thought that the FPS Turok games were that good, and that Turok 2 is downright bad, but this looks like something I could give a try.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

Well, it's how I felt after the first few levels that I could actually stomach, before I just quit the game.

Copy&paste level design, that made you get lost because so much of the levels looked the same.
Repetitive encounters.
And everything resembling a story was just so dumb, so dumb.

I honestly have never understood where the affection for the Turok games comes from, but people who played the games more then me could probably tell me.