• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017

Developed by Night Dive Studios

Having defeated the Campaigner, Turok throws the Chronocepter into a waiting volcano to destroy it. Unfortunately the blast awakens an even deadlier force - The Primagen. Once again a Turok is tasked with restoring peace to the land and stopping the Primagen from merging Earth with the nether world.
Mod Edit: Addition Info
While not an official announcement, they did seemingly confirm it will be coming in their Discord earlier today (cheers to Pixelbuster for this)
Turok 2 is also coming, this is from the Nightdive discord
dXdBfUO.png

Last edited by a moderator:

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Huh? That video was posted in 2017...where are you getting that it is coming to the Switch?

OP
OP
cucholix

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017
My 15 yo self suffering by the atrocious framerate lol, playing it years later with solid framerate, sooooo good.

Deleted member 30151

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Grown up in Germany, the only version I know of both games are the ones with Cyborgs, which always was kinda hilarious. Even in Germany, both games are uncensored now but hadn't had the chance to play them. Biggest Problem is my Motion Sickness. I would love to play the second again, but maybe that's only possible with a puke bucket by my side.

Kissenkopf

Nov 1, 2017
Mein Land!
I remember when I got the game as a gift from my grandma. :D Somebody told her there were Dinosaurs in the game and so she bought it...but it was the German version so it wasn't SO brutal.

The black cardridge was awesome.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Cerebral Fucking Bore. I would dearly love this to be remade, especially if the Razor Wind was given the same care and attention as Dark Sector's glaive.

As a kid, I could never escape the Lair of the Blind Ones.

Ramako

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
I remember this game being impossible to finish when I was a kid, and still needing something like an hour to beat the final boss even with invincibility and other cheats. Definitely eager to give it another shot. Gotta love that Cerebral Bore.

Jumpman23

Nov 14, 2017
I remember this game being impossible to finish when I was a kid, and still needing something like an hour to beat the final boss even with invincibility and other cheats. Definitely eager to give it another shot. Gotta love that Cerebral Bore.

That weapon was PHENOMENAL and so gross but so amazing at the same time!

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Day -1!
Fondest memories of this game, hopefully it gets gyro controls
And nghtdive didn't have to endorse white supremacy to have people talk about their games!

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
That weapon was PHENOMENAL and so gross but so amazing at the same time!
The weapon is the most memorable but it's from the best or most fun to use.
The game has a lot weapons that are super fun to play with.
The cerebral bore don't even work on higher level enemies or non-human shaped enemies.
But it was still a highlight!

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
(edit: this has nothing to do with the quality of this remaster) I remember being super impressed at the time. This "remaster" certainly doesn't do justice to my teenage nostalgia... It just shows me how ugly it was. And the art direction is awful.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Ha. This isn't even on PS4, is it? Love that switch is getting the love.

I'm beginning to think that Nightdive (Or at least Steve Kick, considering he left SOE around the time Kaz Hirai started taking a shit on them from a great height) has some sort of beef with Sony considering how consistently skittish they are about the PS4.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Turok 1 & 2 on Switch is great. I just hope that we'll also see Turok 3. It's lesser known from the end of the N64's life but also a pretty damn cool game.

Tmonster

Oct 28, 2017
I remember this game had a hi-res mode with the n64 ram pack expansion, it ran at 10fps but it was so pretty! Be nice to have a playable framerate this time.

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
The original game was like a fucked up fever dream when I was playing it at Christmas at 1 AM. It was literally a weird hallucination with its fog, lousy frame rate and astonishing violence. Gross weapons like the cerebral bore only enhanced the feeling - Seeds of Evil remains one of the weirdest gaming memories of my life.

Also, I know Acclaim is long gone but how did Penguin Random House get the rights to this!

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
It might be fun to screw around with the multiplayer mode. I put an ungodly amount of hours into N64 Rage Wars.