• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Nice! Hope this wasn't supposed to be on the SoP. I don't mind leaks, but official press releases on the same day as the SoP but earlier, would suck.

Oct 16, 2020
Great remakes of terrible games.
I tried to get into 2 on PC and even with all the hints and cheats on the map layout was too much of a mess to progress through.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
So tempted to double dip, at least on T2 for multiplayer action.

Also wish there was a bundle for them.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Jeez.. 19.99 each. I love Turok but i'll wait for a sale. I did tried the remaster many years ago through steam, theyre absolutely amazing. Kudos to Nightdive!!

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
tenor.gif

i waited so damn long for this

hasher

Oct 10, 2020
I wanna say I got these on Prime Gaming as a giveaway. I was super surprised how fun they are to play today. There's some great design there, like levels that double back on themselves opening up shortcuts and enemies that attack each other.

sacrament

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
heres the uncompressed n64 ost to get you all pumped to go to the lost land

So hype. I remember playing this on the N64 (which had better audio than I think most give it credit for)... Made me nausious as hell. So much potential... Some day I will find the right dino fighter fps, but this sound track whips. All goodness.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I loved the black n64 cartridge as a kid.
And playing as a little monkey in multiplayer . Don't remember much more

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
These ports absolutely rule and if you have any nostalgia for Turok you should be considering them.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No crossplay with Xbox? Thinking about searching for multiplayer games now that more people will have access to it.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, I thought these were already on it. I wouldn't mind playing the games again with smooth frame rates but I will wait for a price drop, and will probably get the PS4 versions over Switch because of the controller.

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, MP added? Holy cow, and it's already live on the Switch. Played one game, it loaded quick and had about 7 others. 30 min, 30 kill limit. Everything played about like I remember, it was a blast. It said it was a cross play server, but I didn't know where it originated from. Pings were decent, and didn't really see any lag. It was awesome, and I plan to play more later. It's very no frills, like the old days. Once a match was done, it showed a leaderboard for that round, and it just restarted with everyone.

baconcow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Great remakes of terrible games.
I tried to get into 2 on PC and even with all the hints and cheats on the map layout was too much of a mess to progress through.
Turok 2 was an amazing game when it came out. Takes a little more effort than most FPS to get through with its old-school exploration. The N64 version was a little clunky with the frame rate (tanks in the riding dino part). Music and atmosphere was excellent, for the day, though.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Turok 1 was my jam back in the day. Obviously dated as hell now, but I remember at the time hanging out up on a ledge and watching a knife-wielding enemy try to get to me. I was blown away by the realistic movements in his animation (not knowing about how motion capture worked at the time).

MVG

Sep 2, 2020
Just wanted to note that with Turok 2 out now on PlayStation 4 (BC on the PlayStation 5) it comes CrossPlay with the Nintendo Switch version that just received a patch as well (PC and Xbox CrossPlay to come later)

We worked internally on a video showing off the feature during playtesting

Nester

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Look forward to picking part 2 up on the Switch when it hits a sale. Cross platform multiplayer is great.

Last edited: