• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I walked out of my house just a bit ago to walk my dog only to be greeted by this lovely view.

wn4SosM_d.webp

Sorry for the potato quality. It's obviously night time and I had to do it while walking because I didn't want to be too obvious about it. But yeah your eyes do not deceive you. That is a "Keep America Great" sign complete with tiny caricature of Trump pissing on the name "Pelosi". And the one in the back is hard to see due to the shitty camera in my phone, but it says "Trump 2020" and "Make Liberals Cry Again".

Never interacted with the family that lives there much but going by the times I have seen them the guy is a cop. No idea what his wife does. But the HOA here has clear rules against political signs in their yards, but it doesn't seem to have stopped several shitheels from putting out Trump signs and flags all over their yards. (Texas btw)

Does anyone else have neighbors that are letting the world know how shitty they right now?

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Two of my neighbors who I used to think were decent enough folk put up huge Trump/Pence flags a couple weeks ago.

If anything, I'm kinda glad that the past 4 years has made these shitbags step out into the open so that I straight up know to avoid them entirely.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I would be embarrassed to have a sign like that on my front lawn. Sorr you haveshitty neighbors, OP. At least mine is kind enough to not have anything and I don't talk to them to know where they stand.

Report to the HOA.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
Few houses down is flying that Trump Rambo picture.

I've seen quite a few Trump signs disappear or change to something less embarrassing since the first debate.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
I walked out of my house just a bit ago to walk my dog only to be greeted by this lovely view.

wn4SosM_d.webp

Sorry for the potato quality. It's obviously night time and I had to do it while walking because I didn't want to be too obvious about it. But yeah your eyes do not deceive you. That is a "Keep America Great" sign complete with tiny caricature of Trump pissing on the name "Pelosi". And the one in the back is hard to see due to the shitty camera in my phone, but it says "Trump 2020" and "Make Liberals Cry Again".

Never interacted with the family that lives there much but going by the times I have seen them the guy is a cop. No idea what his wife does. But the HOA here has clear rules against political signs in their yards, but it doesn't seem to have stopped several shitheels from putting out Trump signs and flags all over their yards. (Texas btw)

Does anyone else have neighbors that are letting the world know how shitty they right now?
Put up anti trump signs and bernie signs earlier in the year before he dropped out and people took them down.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
That's nothing.

Plenty of people taking down their US flags and putting up Trump flags and signs everywhere. Been thinking of making custom signs and dropping them in their yard with special Trump slogans or comments like "Here's another sign to let you know I'm a racist" or "Let's KKK the LBGTQ+ away".

OP
OP
Coyote Starrk

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
That's nothing.

Plenty of people taking down their US flags and putting up Trump flags and signs everywhere. Been thinking of making custom signs and dropping them in their yard with special Trump slogans or comments like "Here's another sign to let you know I'm a racist" or "Let's KKK the LBGTQ+ away".
Yeah one of the houses on the next street over took down their american flag and put up a Trump/Pence "Keep America Great" flag.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna be that guy

This is just standard political signage. I know Trump is a piece of shit. But these are just brainwashed republicans

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
theres some obnoxious af people in my neighborhood too. One has a Trump flag, thin blue line flag, and a recall gavin newsom sign.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
Town I live in is really starting to sprout Trump/blue lives stuff all over. It sucks :\

Works is the same way. At least some of these people are actually wearing masks, so that's the silver lining of seeing Trump's name across their dumb faces

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
The three neighbors immediately to the east of our house on this side of the street have all hung massive Trump/Pence 2020 banners in their front yards over the past month or so. (One of them has three banners of this sort in his yard alone.) Also, the neighbor one house down from us to the west, same side of the street, put up a Trump sign in their yard a few weeks ago.

I live in bigot hell. 😡

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
The idea you could report them to the HOA and get results is just... duh. No.

It sucks that your neighbors are shitty. You can't do anything about it unless you have the means to move.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Can you at least call HOA? Pretend you're being ignorant. Ask them if you can put up a political sign on your lawn. When they say no, tell them your next door neighbor has 3 signs on his lawn. Dont tell them it's Trump signs, otherwise they wont take any action.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
One of my daughters best friends parents are Trump supporters. No flags or yard signs but they went to one of those Trump car parades this weekend. One of these days I swear my daughter is going to talk shit about Trump..lol she's 11.

The are bengladeshi. I think that's how you say it.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Political signs are a hot topic on Nextdoor where I live. Annoying as shit.

It's either illegal for HOAs to ban political signs, or they don't have the balls/money to try that in court. Maybe if it was something absurd, like a structure, you'd have reason to call someone about it.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
First amendment applies to the government and government entities, not private ones. HOAs are free to disallow political signs. Most won't want to make a fight out of it due to the cost of paying their lawyer though.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like in Texas they are allowed to limit signage during the height of the election season and not the rest of the year. So whether or not they can enforce the rule is going to depend on how that law is written.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I've got some loser neighbor down the street across the road that just put up a big ass blue TRUMP 2020 - NO MORE BULLSHIT flag up recently.

I'm like... if it's no more bullshit that means it was bullshit before right? I'm just glad my 9 year old hasn't seen it so I get to explain what bullshit is.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
First amendment applies to the government and government entities, not private ones. HOAs are free to disallow political signs.
Not in Texas

Texas Property Code | Chapter 202. Construction And Enforcement Of Restrictive Covenants

Read Texas laws in a format that is more accessible for screen readers.

1. Sec. 202.009. REGULATION OF DISPLAY OF POLITICAL SIGNS. (a) Except as otherwise provided by this section, a property owners' association may not enforce or adopt a restrictive covenant that prohibits a property owner from displaying on the owner's property one or more signs advertising a political candidate or ballot item for an election:

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
My literal next door neighbor just put up a giant Trump flag on the back of his truck which is parked in the driveway. It's annoying.

I wonder if HOA rules apply to political signs on vehicles as well as signs.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Not in Texas

Texas Property Code | Chapter 202. Construction And Enforcement Of Restrictive Covenants

Read Texas laws in a format that is more accessible for screen readers.

1. Sec. 202.009. REGULATION OF DISPLAY OF POLITICAL SIGNS. (a) Except as otherwise provided by this section, a property owners' association may not enforce or adopt a restrictive covenant that prohibits a property owner from displaying on the owner's property one or more signs advertising a political candidate or ballot item for an election:
You are correct, but there's definite limitations there. From the look of it, they can ban those signs so long as it's 91 days prior to the day of the elections or 11 days after the election has taken place. Beyond that the signs have to be ground mounted and smaller than 4 feet by 6 feet. Beyond that, the HoA can limit the signs all they want.

So OP's neighbor is in the clear, though an argument can be made for the Pelosi sign breaking the offensive content rule given it features someone peeing.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
You are correct, but there's definite limitations there. From the look of it, they can ban those signs so long as it's 91 days prior to the day of the elections or 11 days after the election has taken place. Beyond that the signs have to be ground mounted and smaller than 4 feet by 6 feet. Beyond that, and obviously offensive signs (or ones that promote illegal content), the HoA can limit the signs all they want.

So OP's neighbor is in the clear, though an argument can be made for the Pelosi sign breaking the offensive content rule given it features someone peeing.
The HOA would have to have that rule written into the covenants.

OP
OP
Coyote Starrk

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
You are correct, but there's definite limitations there. From the look of it, they can ban those signs so long as it's 91 days prior to the day of the elections or 11 days after the election has taken place. Beyond that the signs have to be ground mounted and smaller than 4 feet by 6 feet. Beyond that, the HoA can limit the signs all they want.

Yeah that's the one I complained about. There are small kids in this neighborhood that walk around with their parents. They don't need to see that shit.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's the one I complained about. There are small kids in this neighborhood that walk around with their parents. They don't need to see that shit.
Like Zoe says, it's going to depend on how they wrote their bylaws and how they interpret them. At least until the 15th of November.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
My little cousin and her friends drove around and stole all the Trump signs they could find, pretty good stash of them from the picture I saw.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
I hate Trump with a passion but I don't get this whole mentality of all the sign stuff. Never made much sense to me. My parents have multiple Democrat signs in their yard and these have been destroyed, vandalized, whatever. I'm not dumb enough to think in more liberal places that doesn't happen to Trump signs. They get on me for not having a Biden sign (despite me doing multiple things to try and help get him elected) but I guess I don't see the point. We live in Kansas and I hardly think a sign in my yard is turning my very conservative county blue. And I have zero desire for some shithead to see my house and decide to paintball it or fuck up the yard because of my sign.

Call me an awful Dem but I guess I don't truly see the point.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
My dad's husband is one of the heads of the HoA in our neighborhood and gets any Trump signs spotted here banished into the nether realm. He takes glee in it, I love it.

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
I hate Trump with a passion but I don't get this whole mentality of all the sign stuff. Never made much sense to me. My parents have multiple Democrat signs in their yard and these have been destroyed, vandalized, whatever. I'm not dumb enough to think in more liberal places that doesn't happen to Trump signs. They get on me for not having a Biden sign (despite me doing multiple things to try and help get him elected) but I guess I don't see the point. We live in Kansas and I hardly think a sign in my yard is turning my very conservative county blue. And I have zero desire for some shithead to see my house and decide to paintball it or fuck up the yard because of my sign.

Nah, you're right. I wouldn't put up a sign either for this very reason.

I prefer to play my cards close to my chest.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
My little cousin and her friends drove around and stole all the Trump signs they could find, pretty good stash of them from the picture I saw.

Tell them to be careful. Someone just had their fingers sliced on razor blades for legally moving a yard sign that was too close to the sidewalk.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017

I live in Illinois. My neighborhood, however, is very conservative. Older, larger homes. There are a few Trump signs and no Biden signs.

Two weeks ago, a Black-Latino couple moved in across the street (corner, technically). I can't imagine how they feel seeing Trump signs. So we put up a Biden sign to let them know they're not alone. Also to piss off our annoying neighbors. That doesn't hurt.

I mean, they could be huge Trumpers, but eh.