• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 31, 2017
The 3 Steps of Turkish foreign policy in a nutshell:
Step 1: commit genocide
Step 2: call out victims of genocide as terrorists
Step 3: commit more genocide on the pretense of eliminating terrorism.

Oct 27, 2017
Just watch this start another "hate the west" terrorist attacks and for western countries to wonder "why do they hate us???".

God, what a mess. Lot's of kurds will die because of this. Fuck Trump and Erdogan.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Fuck Lindsey Graham. Thoughts and prayers don't help people as bombs are dropped on them.

Again... fuck Lindsey Graham.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
They fought hard against ISIS and we decide to turn our backs on them as thanks. America is so great.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
RIBSS is reporting shelling in Tell Abyad, which by my reckoning is pretty close to Raqqa in northern Syria. How is that anywhere near the so-called "safe zone"?

Edit - my mistake. The "safe zone" extends the entirety of Northern Syria.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017

I don't believe a fucking word Trump says about US military not being in the area of the bombing. Why? Because when has he ever told the truth?

I fully believe that US armed forces are in the bombing area and trying to get out of there without getting killed. And they were helping the Kurds, now...they can't?

If we get reports that US troops are getting killed, maybe that will change Republicans in the House and Senate' minds about impeachment. Then again it probably won't because they gotta parrot the talking points from the WH.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The Kurds have been one of our most steadfast allies in that region for decades. Not just the US, all of the West and every democracy. Disgusting how this administration betrayed them.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Congress are cowards for not trying harder to stop this. Talk is cheap
The GOP could have removed him and replaced him with someone who wouldn't sell out our allies. Boot Trump and install Pence. Or boot both and make a deal with the Dems for them to nominate a GOP compromise choice a President.

They didn't. This is on all of them.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Kurds get shit on everywhere, why does every other Muslim sect hate them?

Arabs don't actually hate Kurds. They're autonomous region in Iraq and Kurdish is a recognized language in Syria, Iraq and Iran. Aside from pan-arabists like Saddam or Hafez Assad, the people have no problem with them.

Turks... Well their hatred has very complicated roots but if you have to blame anything, there are two: Red Scare and Turanism, aka, Turkish Nazism.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
A Canadian woman served in 2016 with the Kurds in the fight against Daesh.

"I want to be in the very forefront of the fight," Jabs, 20, told CBC News in an exclusive interview before her departure from Drayton Valley, Alta., last month. "I want it to be known that they have my support."
In Syria, she joined the Kurdish People's Protection Unit (YPG), also serving with the all-female Kurdish faction known as the YPJ.
Jabs planned to work as a medic after researching online how to wrap tourniquets and treat bullet wounds, but soon found herself in combat.

It's going to be difficult for the Americans to recruit allies in conflicts with people like Trump and his admin making these duplicitous betrayals. Maybe the Americans and other branches of government can turn this around.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
The GOP could have removed him and replaced him with someone who wouldn't sell out our allies. Boot Trump and install Pence. Or boot both and make a deal with the Dems for them to nominate a GOP compromise choice a President.

They didn't. This is on all of them.
Agree, I say congress, but in this instance the GOP would've had to lead. They've forgotten how though

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Congress are cowards for not trying harder to stop this. Talk is cheap

The excuse of them being out on vacation is bullshit too because it isn't a vacation, they can quickly fly back on an emergency and do their job, the democrats are doing that right now with impeachment, they just don't want too.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Arabs don't actually hate Kurds. They're autonomous region in Iraq and Kurdish is a recognized language in Syria, Iraq and Iran. Aside from pan-arabists like Saddam or Hafez Assad, the people have no problem with them.

Turks... Well their hatred has very complicated roots but if you have to blame anything, there are two: Red Scare and Turanism, aka, Turkish Nazism.
I see, thanks.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Long story short: Turkey repressed its Kurdish population into terrorism/violent separatism, so a terrorist faction called the PKK has been fighting in southeastern Turkey for Kurdish autonomy for several decades now.

The YPG is a Kurdish faction in northern Syria that fights against ISIS, and according to Erdoğan (or Turkey in general, really), it and the PKK are one and the same, so Erdoğan is invading on the pretext that Turkey is eradicating PKK-related soldiers in northern Syria for its own security and integrity.

Erdoğan also wants to settle some 2 million Syrian refugees in the area, but that's relatively sensible (Turkey doesn't have the infrastructure or economy to support the 3 million odd refugees it has right now, and racist tensions are high). (Of course it'd probably constitute ethnic cleansing anyhow but yeah.)

Also, i might be biased because I grew up in Turkey and am most familiar with that viewpoint.
Thanks for breaking it down at a high level.. definitely gives me a primer at least.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
Yet the official Turkish line, including the stealth Erdogan supporters (and faux Turkish liberals) on this forum, say they are one of the same. Hypocrites.
Why did they raise a giant Ocalan flag when they captured Raqqa?

DMf1t8LVwAUuKEk.jpg_large.jpg

DonaldKimball

Oct 28, 2017
Is this the first large scale, non-US NATO operation?

Stoltenberg backs this operation, I wonder if they see it as the first show of force of the organization.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This whole thing just bums me out. A friend of mine left from here in upstate NY to Raqqa to fight for the YPG and was killed by a Daesh RPG. Dude was always a straight shooter, helped organize protests in tge area, came up with really creative ways to fuck with the cops and local administrators and was organizing a network of really interesting communes in the local mountains. He was killed and left a daughter. He believed with all his soul in the defense of YPG and the downfall if Daesh. And now this shitstain government will make it all for naught.