• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump really saw how many people were talking about Bush's war crimes recently and thought to himself "Oh shit, I almost forgot that part of the job"

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
I support the west leaving the Middle East and let the people there decide how to move forward but not if it means they're going to commit genocide. We can't just wash our hands of this and let people die.

Ah yes the genocide card. Let's all forget the thousands of turks and kurds have been killed by PKK and their new brand YPG since the 70s because the Americans used PKK againts ISIS and they are friends.

You know what while we are at it, lets divide Turkey, Iran, Syria and Iraq into pieces and give Kurds state because we all know that won't create any problems.

Americans need to decide between PKK and Turkey as their allies.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
It's like a Tom Clancy novel gone wrong.

US aligns with mercs to fight the bad guys and then all of a sudden the US abandons their allies, who then get slaughtered and the White House pretends it never happened.

Isn't that pretty much the plot to Clear and Present Danger?

Meauxse

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Ah yes the genocide card. Let's all forget the thousands of turks and kurds have been killed by PKK and their new brand YPG since the 70s because the Americans used PKK againts ISIS and they are friends.

You know what while we are at it, lets divide Turkey, Iran, Syria and Iraq into pieces and give Kurds state because we all know that won't create any problems.

What, so one can destroy the other? There's a third option. Hold the space between Turkey and PKK/YPG/Kurds with US/UN/NATO Troops and force talks.

Which, fucking enlighten me otherwise, is exactly what we were fucking doing until daddy Erdogan called and Trump kowtowed.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Turkey isn't committing a genocide. Just 10 minutes ago, PKK bombed Nusaybin and killed 8 of our people. Are they also committing genocide?

You didn't answer the question. Do you think that killing Kurds is ok because PKK killed Turks? That's what you practically stated in your previous post.

Additional question: do you think all Kurds that are in the area that Turkey is trying to invade now are terrorists?

Meauxse

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Turkey isn't committing a genocide. Just 10 minutes ago, PKK bombed Nusaybin and killed 8 of our people. Are they also committing genocide?

Yes. The rockets came from Qamishli, a Kurdish held town. That just this morning..lets check the notes...had a giant car bomb from ISIS. They haven't even attributed the rockets to anyone yet, but good on ya for getting ahead of the facts.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
You didn't answer the question. Do you think that killing Kurds is ok because PKK killed Turks? That's what you practically stated in your previous post.

Additional question: do you think all Kurds that are in the area that Turkey is trying to invade now are terrorists?

Of course not. We are killing terrorists. For some people it is so easy to talk about this PKK issue. I don't know where you are from friend but imagine if Mexico started blowing people up in US and imagine that shit went on for 40 years. Do you think US is just going sit and watch it happen?

I am one of the lucky ones. Because I only just know people who have lost their loved ones to PKK and YPG in bombings. Fucking civilians died by the hundreds. Generations are scarred by the seperaist movement.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Judging by the hate boner for Turkey and how the American left (lol) media spinning this whole operation, I feel like the moment I open my mouth about this and speak my mind I will get a ban, even though I hate Erdogan and consider myself social democrat.

All I can say is 1) US, please get the fuck out of Middle-East. 2) Reseach PKK, the Kurdish seperaist movement and the pain it brought both to us and kurds.
I don't know, research shows the PKK only exists because of one of Turkey's previous ethnic cleansing campaigns. I also think we owed it to the Kurds to stay there and prevent another Turkish lead genocide considering the numerous times we'd betrayed them in the past.

Right now Turkey is acting against every argument for America to get out of the middle east. U.S. pulls out of a country, and Turkey immediately moves to kill more Kurds. It makes for a poor argument. We should certainly leave the middle east to an extent, but we're doing so in the exact opposite of the way it needs to be done, and the Kurdish people are paying the price. Again.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017

The killing done by the PKK is not acceptable either. What you're proposing is we just leave the ME and let the Turks kill off the Kurds. Instead we should help protect the Kurds and push for peace negotiations. We should not force Turkey, Iran, Syria and Iraq to give up their land because that's what helped mess up the Middle East to begin with. We can at least try to limit as many innocent deaths as possible and push for peace talks.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
I don't know, research shows the PKK only exists because of one of Turkey's previous ethnic cleansing campaigns. I also think we owed it to the Kurds to stay there and prevent another Turkish lead genocide considering the numerous times we'd betrayed them in the past.

Right now Turkey is acting against every argument for America to get out of the middle east. U.S. pulls out of a country, and Turkey immediately moves to kill more Kurds. It makes for a poor argument. We should certainly leave the middle east to an extent, but we're doing so in the exact opposite of the way it needs to be done, and the Kurdish people are paying the price. Again.

I believe I can't get my point accross so I will stop talking friend. I don't wish to fight with any of you you all have valuable but different point of views.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Of course not. We are killing terrorists.

Stop mixing your answer with propaganda if you want to have a serious discussion.

Guardian said:
About 64,000 people have fled Syria since the campaign began, according to the International Rescue Committee aid group. The Kurdish Red Crescent said on Thursday night that 11 civilians had been killed in the fighting, including an 11-year-old boy in Qamishli.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Of course not. We are killing terrorists. For some people it is so easy to talk about this PKK issue. I don't know where you are from friend but imagine if Mexico started blowing people up in US and imagine that shit went on for 40 years. Do you think US is just going sit and watch it happen?

I am one of the lucky ones. Because I only just know people who have lost their loved ones to PKK and YPG in bombings. Fucking civilians died by the hundreds. Generations are scarred by the seperaist movement.
You're also maiming children, so if you're proud of that, you can fuck off.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
I believe I can't get my point accross so I will stop talking friend. I don't wish to fight with any of you you all have valuable but different point of views.

You are defending an operation who's declared scope is to replace the Kurdish population (no matter if guilty in any way or not for any crimes) in the area with Syrian refugees. This is not about personal opinion, this is defending fascist policies.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017

I am just adding this one last thing: I am not saying the Kurds are terrorists, I am just saying we are targeting terrorists (PKK and YPG). I wish civilians, 8 of our people died today, wouldn't die but they are unfortunately. Americans would know this better as they are so good at killing civilians in their terrorist operations.

The optimum solution would be us leaving Syria the fuck alone and trust the Americans to mediate. But who trusts them nowadays?

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
meanwhile in the white house
FlatIdealisticBoaconstrictor-size_restricted.gif

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I am just adding this one last thing: I am not saying the Kurds are terrorists, I am just saying we are targeting terrorists (PKK and YPG). I wish civilians, 8 of our people died today, wouldn't die but they are unfortunately. Americans would know this better as they are so good at killing civilians in their terrorist operations.

The optimum solution would be us leaving Syria the fuck alone and trust the Americans to mediate. But who trusts them nowadays?
So why the fuck are you invading?

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017

All you do is answer with "Americans are bad". And some of them surely are. But guess what? Turkish people who support ethnic cleansing are as bad if not worse.

Civilians deaths are unfortunate? You are to blame for these deaths by starting this war that again has as its declared purpose to replace Kurdish population there.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

You literally just called them terrorists. All of them. And you know why you use that word? Because you got told to use it. China is killing "terrorists", Isreal is killing "terrorists", every regime is always killing "terrorists" because then the population at home won't feel that bad about the inhuman killing of the "bad guys".

Handwaving the killing of civilians because who cares - they are all terrorists, right? - is absolutely disgusting.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't blame Turkey for wanting to quash terrorism either (even if the government is the principal cause of it, it's still terrorism) but when the Kurds have been repressed by our government (Turkey) since (basically) its very foundation, I simply don't trust Turkey to stick to shooting actual terrorists.

That's not to say people who murder civilians are guilt free whatsoever, freedom fighter or not. If you're seeing the PKK/YPG as national factions before defining PKK as terrorism, you can hold them to the same standard of finding murder of civilians abhorrent, avoidable, and not 'casualties' for a noble cause.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017

see this distaste for america baffles me because from what i'm reading it sounds like we're more alike than we are different.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
All you do is answer with "Americans are bad". And some of them surely are. But guess what? Turkish people who support ethnic cleansing are as bad if not worse.

Civilians deaths are unfortunate? You are to blame for these deaths by starting this war that again has as its declared purpose to replace Kurdish population there.

Am I to blame? Tell that to the hundreds of civilians died in cities like Istanbul and Ankara, let alone in the southern cities thanks to spineless bombings and terrorist attacks from PKK since the 70s.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Am I to blame? Tell that to the hundreds of civilians died in cities like Istanbul and Ankara, let alone in the southern cities thanks to spineless bombings and terrorist attacks from PKK.

Yes, you fully support killing civilians in this very thread as a revenge. This post says practically the same. Whataboutism is the coward's weapon.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
You literally just called them terrorists. All of them. And you know why you use that word? Because you got told to use it. China is killing "terrorists", Isreal is killing "terrorists", every regime is always killing "terrorists" because then the population at home won't feel that bad about the inhuman killing of the "bad guys".

Handwaving the killing of civilians because who cares - they are all terrorists, right? - is absolutely disgusting.

Don't put words in my mouth. Aim of this operation to kill terrorists. So we are killing terrorists. But yes the civilian deaths from the both sides are disgusting.

Oct 25, 2017
What Trump did was idiotic and borderline criminal but let's not forget who's is actually doing the killing . Focus should be on Turkey

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Of course, no attack on civilians is justified. But it was very predictable that this will happen once a war is started. On both sides. It happened so so many times in the middle East.

So what is the solution? Forget about hundreds PKK killed since the 70s? Sure, I am ready to do that if they can stop trying divide my country. After that what happens? Trust the Americans? Get out of here.

You know what I would be fully ok if Nato creates a buffer zone between us and the PKK in the N. Syria. How about this?

Last edited:

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What Trump did was idiotic and borderline criminal but let's not forget who's is actually doing the killing . Focus should be on Turkey
For all the talk of betrayal by Trump y'all seem to forget Erdoğan and Trump are very much allies too. The US played itself into this situation by allying two deep enemies in the region.

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very low damage compared to the Turkish civilians and Turkish soldiers that pkk/ypg dogs killed.

Last edited:

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Understandable. I'll also add though that our part in this extends well beyond just our corrupt President pulling out for personal gain and leaving the Kurds to the wolves. The Turkish attack is being carried out with U.S. weapons, so we have a more direct responsibility too. From my own lefty American perspective, when we are strong allies with a group of people who fought for us, we shouldn't be abandoning them to be killed off by a superior U.S. armed force. Hundreds of thousands of Kurds have been murdered with U.S. assistance, and now Trump is making that happen again.

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
So what is the solution? Forget about hundreds PKK killed since the 70s? Sure, I am ready to do that if they can stop trying divide my country. After that what happens? Trust the Americans? Get out of here.

You know what I would be fully ok if Nato creates a buffer zone between us and the PKK in the N. Syria. How about this?

Who said anything about forgetting? But find the people guilty of terrorist acts and bring them to justice. You really blame them all on people from outside your territory? WTF is your state doing then?

A war does nothing but escalates the situation exponentially. To thousands of deaths. On both sides. Do you really it is worth it in the name of the revenge? Do you think it will calm the situation or it will create more and more revenge?

Excusing new deaths in the name of revenge is how most genocides started.

Feb 1, 2018
An entire generation of Kurds will be raised knowing that America betrayed them, which will breed extremism, so thanks for further compromising our national security dumbass. This entire administration needs to face criminal charges.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Who trusts Turkey either really.